SASS Wire Forum

Question on P traps?

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

NO

No. I have more shots loaded in whichever weapon than targets so I know something will get more than one hit. The order is as simple as it could possibly be. That said I have messed up plenty of simple sweeps but that is brain problem. Bring on the shootin.

Imis

No - no different than going to a new range for the first time where nothing is familiar.

Yes. When the rifle and pistol both are convoluted sweeps, i.e. 1-4-2-1-5-3-1-1-4-5, and they are both different versions, and you start with one pistol empty. Actually happened a couple of years ago at a monthly when a new MD wanted to "slow down" the likes of Carty. I may have the sweep wrong, but you get the idea.

CR

Probably not. We shot a brain teaser at a match last weekend. (Pistol and rifle the same👍🏼)

took some thought to get it down, but not a p trap.

Regards,

Ringer

Well....I have a simple mind, so simple answers are hard! If its understandable, and rifles same as pistos, no. If its a convoluted mess that make no sense (as Cowboy Rick mentioned) then yes.

Yes. When the rifle and pistol both are convoluted sweeps, i.e. 1-4-2-1-5-3-1-1-4-5, and they are both different versions, and you start with one pistol empty. Actually happened a couple of years ago at a monthly when a new MD wanted to "slow down" the likes of Carty. I may have the sweep wrong, but you get the idea.

CR

How did that work out? Pretty sure it made no difference.

This is a simple thread. If you have never shot a sweep before do you consider it a P trap? Yes or No

Most sweeps have a certain logic to them. So normally, No.

Only once in the last 16 years have I seen a 5 target array (rifles and pistols on same targets), where it was an oddball 5-shot pistol sweep, a different order for the second pistol, and a different order for the rifle, reload 1 rifle after 5 rounds fired, and then a different order for the remaining 6. It was billed as a "brain-teaser" stage. Once was enough! :blink:

Since the world revolves around Straight Arrow Hombre, any sweep I can't figure out is a P trap for all. You're welcome.

Where is that "Like" Button...Hahahaha

No, if it's a sweep. Tap dancin' around targets, back 'n forth (such CR posted), is not among my skillsets. IMO, any attempt to slow the faster folks just slows the slower folks that much more!

It depends on the sweep. I think of a designated shotgun sweep to be more of a p trap when it is the only so sweep in a match

I just liked your post. Did you get a message. James said he made it functional a few weeks ago.

Hahaha... Yeah.. I seen that... :D

No, if it's a sweep. Tap dancin' around targets, back 'n forth (such CR posted), is not among my skillsets. IMO, any attempt to slow the faster folks just slows the slower folks that much more!

+1

As long as the sweep makes sense, No.

No...

I think that is how we keep our sport interesting. Come up with new and exciting things without straying too far from what we are accustomed to.

(Sorry, I initially replied.. but I misread Deuce's question)

Yes, I have seen "P" traps, more over I've seen stages that the designer bragged that he was attempting give as many P's as possible. Then I've seen stages that for whatever reason caused shooters to make mistakes. When any stage has drastically more P's than the other stages it raises the question "why" what caused the spike in P's. In a 100 shooter match 2 to 5 P's per stage I would consider normal but for one stage out of the twelve to have 20 would cause me to wonder is that a "P" trap or just the way it goes.

Hey Widder

We shot our sass numbers a long time ago. 46646 twice, I was lost for half an hour

Imis

I remember that one! Mine is 53393. It was clumsy. Schoolmarm's is 56734!! She just giggled.

It's kinda' like supper at Mom's house..... Eat what's put before ya'!!!

This is a simple thread. If you have never shot a sweep before do you consider it a P trap? Yes or No

Depends totally on the sweep. If there is some logic to the sweep folks can remember, then NO. If the targets are just listed randomly and no one has an easy way to remember the sweep it is a P trap. P traps can be so simple as having a common sweep for one gun then a first time dissimilar sweep for the other gun but kinda like the first sweep.

Since the world revolves around Straight Arrow Hombre, any sweep I can't figure out is a P trap for all. You're welcome.

Yes, the world does revolve around you -at your size you create your own gravitational field and small planets gets pulled into orbit.

P trap? No. Didn't listen and shot it wrong? Probably!

Archived