SASS Wire Forum

What gun is the prettiest?

When it come to the prettiest gun, nothing to me is purtier than a sleek SxS double barrel bird gun gun.

481JTYSON5.jpg

To your eye, what's the "Prettiest, most attractive Gun"????

Life is too short to shoot ugly guns! :P ^_^

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always thought they are the same as women, The one in you hands at the moment. Not that you might not be looking at another. GW

Colt SAA 4 3/4 .

Henry 1860 .

Colt 1911

Just saying :-)

I have to agree. There something about a SXS. Probably the reason I collect them.

My stainless 5 1/2" ROA's engraved by Capt. Lewis aka: Steve Anderson with Texas brands in the Cole Agee style. Ask anyone that saw them at the Western Divisional. If I could get Photobucket to work I'd post some pics.

A Kentucky flintlock with a tiger maple stock, German silver patchbox and inlays.

A Kentucky flintlock with a tiger maple stock, German silver patchbox and inlays.

I was just about to post something like that. Something just beautimus about the slim

line of the full stock and the curve of the butt.

I have an SAA clone in one hand and an 1851 percussion revolver in the other. I look at one, then the other... back and forth.

Elizabeth Taylor and Marilyn Monroe....

Geez.

Howdy,

Colt full size single action in .22 rimfire.

It was a light blue, Ive never seen another.

I was told there were only 11 made.

Price at the time was $12,000.

The owner offered to let me pick it up, I declined.

No fancy engrave, no gold plate, just a production revolver as far as I know.

Best

CR

These are engraved Ruger Old Army revolvers that are the main match guns of Yul Lose:

His comment about them when he sent me the pics to post for him:

" I think they are gorgeous. I've never been a fan of engraving but I am now. Let me know what you think."

Thanks.
Yul Lose
Here they are -- I think they're gorgeous too!
--Dawg
YL_ROAa.jpg

These are engraved Ruger Old Army revolvers that are the main match guns of Yul Lose:

" I think they are gorgeous. I've never been a fan of engraving but I am now. Let me know what you think."[/size]

Thanks.

Yul Lose

--Dawg

YL_ROAa.jpg

Thank you, Prairie Dawg, I wish I had better pics but I think you see why I like them.

1st: 1875 Remington revolver with 7" barrel

2nd: 1860 Colt .44 Army 7 1/2" barrel

3rd: 1872 Colt open top revolver with Army grips

" I think they are gorgeous. I've never been a fan of engraving but I am now. Let me know what you think."[/size]

Thanks.

Yul Lose

--Dawg

YL_ROAa.jpg

Those are the nicest set of pistols I've ever seen. I'm a bid fan of Ruger Old Armys wish I had a pair.

When it come to the prettiest gun, nothing to me is purtier than a sleek SxS double barrel bird gun gun.

481JTYSON5.jpg

Yep...gotta agree the classic sxs's are just something to behold.....and they shoot too! I have several...an AYA in 28 ga and a Zephyr Upland King in 20 ga are my favorites.

There is no doubt in my mind the S X S, done right, is the most beautiful gun made. Engraving, fancy wood, what more can a guy ask for. Birdgun, that is a right nice piece. Do you take it out in the field very often?

481JTYSON5.jpg

Did you ask that poor little pheasant if it thought your double was pretty?

There is no doubt in my mind the S X S, done right, is the most beautiful gun made. Engraving, fancy wood, what more can a guy ask for. Birdgun, that is a right nice piece. Do you take it out in the field very often?

Paladin, I do hunt with my 16-gauge Arrieta 578. Here is a pic from last quail season chasing Mearn's quail.

IMG_3580_zpsj8cnenv3.jpg

Archived