SASS Wire Forum

What gun is the prettiest?

Did you ask that poor little pheasant if you thought your double was pretty?

Dirty Dan, no I've not asked the "poor little pheasant" if he thought my double was pretty. None have seemed interested. :P

However, don't you think the pheasant is pretty?

481Pheasant_on_gun.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nickel plated COLT SAA in 4 3/4"

COLT Python

S&W model 41

HIGH STANDARD Victor

..........Widder

Nickel Colt SA 4 3/4 inch barrel

blued colt 1911

Colt SAA 4 3/4 .

Henry 1860 .

Colt 1911

Just saying :-)

You guys are just plain wrong. Nothing looks better in nickel than that 5.5" barrel

Colt%20Nickel%202_zpsrqiihwlt.jpg

Colt%20Nickel%201_zpsz5cr2kmb.jpg

Dirty Dan, no I've not asked the "poor little pheasant" if he thought my double was pretty. None have seemed interested. :P

However, don't you think the pheasant is pretty?

481Pheasant_on_gun.jpg

I do. Where would one find pheasant to hunt?

Lottsa good fly feathers in that bird, Birdgun.

Which SXS is that in the picture? Some beautiful wood on it.

What gauge? Inquiring minds and nosy people want to know.

That's my 16-gauge Arrieta 578. Same bird gun as pictured in posts #1 and #35. ^_^

Here's another pic of my Arrieta with a brace of Oklahoma panhandle wild bobwhites.

481View_1_.jpg

I do. Where would one find pheasant to hunt?

Dirty Dan, that particular bird was bagged in S. Dakota. I've killed wild pheasants in Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, S. Dakota, and N. Dakota. Oklahoma and Kansas offered a mixed bag of pheasants and quail.

there is something I dearly love about an 1886 Winchester Rifle with a straight stock in 45-90! Cheers, Hoss C.

You guys are just plain wrong. Nothing looks better in nickel than that 5.5" barrel

Colt%20Nickel%202_zpsrqiihwlt.jpg

Colt%20Nickel%201_zpsz5cr2kmb.jpg

Sorry Pard but you must be trying to Compensate for Something ( lol )

Because a 5.5 is No way Sexier then a 4 3/4 !

My Wife even said the shorter barrel looks better :-)

PS. It is a Nice looking pistol though :-)

1886 Winchester with octagon barrel and full length mag tube

Yes this is a very sexie rifle too !

The prettiest gun I've got is the one I've had the longest; my faithful old 12 ga. 1921 Vintage Fox Sterlingworth side-by-side. I got it when I was 15, nearly 56 years ago. It will be the last gun I let go of before they pack me off to the Masonic Home.

That's my 16-gauge Arrieta 578. Same bird gun as pictured in posts #1 and #35. ^_^

Here's another pic of my Arrieta with a brace of Oklahoma panhandle wild bobwhites.

481View_1_.jpg

Now you have me drooling all over myself and the monitor.

What a nice piece. I started this journey with a 16 gauge that my Dad bought for me

when I was 12. I got the 16 and my school buddy got a 20 gauge. We hunted rabbits

with those guns. It was a Winchester Model 37, single shot. My Grandson has it now.

Actually, the purtiest gun is the one that shoots where you need it to when you need it to!! ;)

I started this journey with a 16 gauge that my Dad bought for me

when I was 12. I got the 16 and my school buddy got a 20 gauge. We hunted rabbits

with those guns. It was a Winchester Model 37, single shot. My Grandson has it now.

I too got a Winchester mod.37 20 gauge single shot at age 12, and I hunted rabbits with it on San Juan Island. A grandson has that gun now, too.

My dad had a Model 12 16 gauge that he let me use now and then.....

6" Royal Blue Python. Nobody matched the polishing that Colt did on those revolvers, nobody. Someday.

Remington Rolling Block 45-70. I built this from a rusty action my farrier gave me.bLHx540.jpg

Now that has got to rate right up there in the "prettiest gun" category. Got more pics you can show us? Please... ^_^

That's a really tough one. I'm surprised no won has nominated case hardened '73 Winchester with an octagon barrel.

JHC

Yep! You got the presentation models out there and all but the sweetest I ever saw was a mint condition 73 short rifle (20" octagon) in 44-40

UhykFhZ.jpg

WuTe1Jb.jpg

jtLST6z.jpg

Drooooolllll!!!

Archived