SASS Wire Forum

Tough Times Ahead - Prayer Posse Requested

Bama Red

Well, this is a hard one to write and I'll be asking for your prayers and good wishes for a good little while.

A lot of you know of the problems I've been having with my right knee due to a staph infection I got in the OR at Vanderbilt Bone & Joint Clinic three years ago. That infection has proven to be antibiotic-resistant. About two months ago, another, different, strain of staph infection popped up in the same knee and this bacteria (MRSA) is not only drug-resistant, but very aggressive and opportunistic.

In short, after numerous and lengthy conversations with all concerned, it has been decided that the best course of action is amputation of the leg above the knee. The surgery will take place 12 May, the day after Mother's Day. As always, your prayers and good wishes will be immensely appreciated.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has undergone a similar surgery. If you would rather not post to this thread, PM me at your convenience. Thanks again to all my SASS family. Y'all have kept me going thru this and I can't wait to learn to come back and shoot with a new leg.

God bless all y'all!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red, you are in our heart and prayers. Good luck and I am sure we will see you down the road.

Howdy Red,

You have my prayers. My grandfather had both of his legs amputated at different times. His health problems cleared up and he was actually better and lived a more active life. It is not the end but a new beginning.

Well... I'm sorry to hear it! That's probably not the outcome you were hoping for.

And I have both legs, but I know a number of people that don't.

And every single one that wanted to, still led an active lifestyle.

So here goes a prayer for your health, physical and mental!

Let us know if you need anything.

Prayers up for you Red. Like someone else posted above this could be a new beginning of a healthier life for you...just lived a little differently than you thought....but a healthier life the same.

Kajun

Oh Red - so very sorry. Lifting up prayers for a successful surgery, recovery, and ability to enjoy life away from pain.

God bless you sir.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Well, that sucks! You'll be in my thoughts, Pard.

BR,

You have my prayers for a successful surgery, a quick recovery, and a powerful rehab. God Bless!

CBO

Prayers up for you and your family. I hope this ends all the suffering you have endured with that knee and opens up new opportunities for you.

I'll be thinking of you on the 12th. Good luck!

Praying for you-I'll come visit when you are up to it.

I'll warn the nurses, have the sheriff put on extra deputies and make sure the ole ten gauge is loaded with 00 buck

Prayers on the way -_-

Prayers up Bama. Your attitude through all of this has been inspiring. You will prevail with God's help.

Harvey

Archived