SASS Wire Forum

Tough Times Ahead - Prayer Posse Requested

Bama Red

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bama, when I was praying for you yesterday, phantom pain came to mind, now I know why. Will continue to pray for your recovery and will try to mention that specifically.

Glad to hear that you are in good spirits. Will continue to pray for your recovery.

Bama, good to hear from you!!!!! Tell you what, I'll give Calico an extra big hug for you when I see her at Hard Times next week.... ;)

seriously glad your still with us!! Just think, when you walk on Streets of Gold someday, it will be with both lags!! :D:D

As Farmer_Tom said, glad you're well enough to post. To me that is a good sign. You will continue to be in my thoughts and my meditations.

Hang in there Bama. You're my hero!

Hero? No, UB, not a hero..

The heroes are the ones in uniform that are coming home with these types of injuries. The heros may not even know beforehand that they're going to be missing a limb. They wake up in a field hospital somewhere, after an IED has taken out their Humvee and maybe killed their best friend. They may have TBI (traumatic brain injury) or PTSD. And there are way too many of these heroes.

I'm just a guy trying to deal with a surgical event. I even had a choice about whether or not to do this procedure. I do appreciate the compliment, UB, as it means a great deal coming from you.

Thanks, Pardner!

Bama, anyone maintaining a positive and motivated outlook after loosing a limb is a hero.

Keep gettin better, we'll keep praying.

Take care of yourself, Bama and thanks for the updates.

Still praying for you Bama.

Like Whiskey said Bama, been talking to my Creator every day for you and you're family. Hang in there........

You guys and gals sure know how to make a fella blush, say, "Aw, shucks!", and stare at the floor! It's giving me such a swelled head that I'm gonna have to see Blackwater for some new cowboy hats! ;)

Hey Bama,

How you doing today?

Also I agree with what Farmer Tom said about a positive attitude and motivated outlook. Anyone who is in the hospital and facing a tough time ahead and doesn't let it get them down is a hero.

New hats ain't a bad thing ^_^:lol::blush:

That's for sure! Just ask Utah Bob!

nor is Blackwater.

Let's see, being complimented by UB and Ruff, Purdy Boy's gonna hug Calico for me (somehow I think he'll get more benefit outta that than I will!), being claimed as family by Apache Hawk (he sure as Hell ain't gonna get any benefit from that!).

All in all, not a bad day! I'll swap an ugly, hairy chunk o' meat that hurt like Hell for all of that anytime!

Bama (the one-legged cowboy) Red

Let's see, being complimented by UB and Ruff, Purdy Boy's gonna hug Calico for me (somehow I think he'll get more benefit outta that than I will!), being claimed as family by Apache Hawk (he sure as Hell ain't gonna get any benefit from that!).

All in all, not a bad day! I'll swap an ugly, hairy chunk o' meat that hurt like Hell for all of that anytime!

Bama (the one-legged cowboy) Red

Avoid the Sheriff.

:P:P Ok, yu found me out!! hmmmm I'll give her a real good wun and tell her it's frum yu!! :o:o:P:P

BR,

May God hold you in the palm of his hand, and give you strength and courage during this time of healing and recovery. Prayers on the way.

CBO

:P:P Ok, yu found me out!! hmmmm I'll give her a real good wun and tell her it's frum yu!! :o:o:P:P

"Wun" of what? :P

Bama, pard it's good to see you on the Whar here posting and cajoling. You still have my continued prayers for recovery from your surgery and the followup stuff when you get cyborg Million Dollar Man replacement leg.

Kajun

Bama, pard it's good to see you on the Whar here posting and cajoling. You still have my continued prayers for recovery from your surgery and the followup stuff when you get cyborg Million Dollar Man replacement leg.

Kajun

CYBORG??? Is that an external mod? Will he be legal to shoot or will we have to put him in the modern category? :blink: :blink:

CYBORG??? Is that an external mod? Will he be legal to shoot or will we have to put him in the modern category? :blink: :blink:

That just applies to guns. Not bionic feet. They'll fix him up good as new with a service plan AND a warranty.

My grandson had a friend in high school that had lost both feet in a lawn mower accident. He had one set of sockets that fit his stubs and several "feet" that could be attached to the sockets with allen screws. One of his favorite tricks was to take his "feet" off, turn them around and wear them backwards. Kid is 6'8" tall and 290 pounds.

Archived