SASS Wire Forum

Tough Times Ahead - Prayer Posse Requested

Bama Red

Prayers up for a great outcome.I will pray you comfort for you and your family.Hang in and keep believing.God is there for you.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heavenly Father, physician of our souls and bodies, Who have sent Your only-begotten Son and our Lord Jesus Christ to heal every sickness and infirmity, visit and heal also Your servant from all physical and spiritual ailments through the grace of Your Christ. Grant him patience in this sickness, strength of body and spirit, and recovery of health. Lord, You have taught us through Your word to pray for each other that we may be healed. I pray, heal Your servant and grant to him the gift of complete health. For You are the source of healing and to You I give glory, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.

O Lord our God, Who by a word alone did heal all diseases, Who did cure the kinswoman of Peter, You Who chastise with pity and heal according to Your goodness; Who are able to put aside every sickness and infirmity, do You Yourself, the same Lord, grant aid to Your servant and cure him of every sickness of which he is grieved; and send down upon him Your great mercy, and if it be Your will, give to him health and a complete recovery; for You are the Physician of our souls and bodies, and to You do we send up Glory: to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Both now and forever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.

Hey, Linn! I'm thinking about asking them to make me just a plain straight wooden peg leg so that I'll be period correct on "Talk Like A Pirate Day"! Imagine the possibilities!

Red, I laughed when I read this ... peg legs is period correct, you could wear it not only on Talk Like a Pirate Day ... heavens you could even come up with a pirate persona at a cowboy shoot or maybe shoot as a sailor who gave up on the big blue salt water when Requeen bit off your leg during a capsize.

Then I looked at the calendar and realized today's the 12th and it's operation day.

Suddenly I didn't feel much like laughing.

Still standing up on my Prayer Bones for you, amigo!

(Edit to add this PS -- when I read yours and laughed I could not help but think that, with your attitude, you'll come through this just fine!

Here's why I thought that:

When my baby sis hid her breast cancer from us for one month after Mama died -- Little Sis said she didn't want to add to our grief -- I told her "Just for that I'd ought to turn you over my knee and fan your little biscuits" and she laughed and said "Catch me first!"

Attitude, I've long known, counts for much ... with hers, I thought, she'll do fine, and she did.

Or as fine as anyone can do when they get whittled on.)

Bama I hope everything goes well. If you or your family need any support or tips to help get through this just ask.

Today I am praying. Lord help my friend through this day and the days ahead. Help his family and his friends to be at their best and to ease his discomfort and fear. And Lord please ease their fear and give them strength to make it through the difficult times on their path ahead.

Amen

Today I am praying. Lord help my friend through this day and the days ahead. Help his family and his friends to be at their best and to ease his discomfort and fear. And Lord please ease their fear and give them strength to make it through the difficult times on their path ahead.

Amen

and Amen.

Great Creator...hear us ! Send down you peace and strength to Bama and his family. They need you more now than ever before !

In you're Blessed Name, I ask....AMEN !

Thinking of you, Red.

Spent a large part of today thinkin' bout yu Bama.....and of course adding my prayers ta all tha others....here's hoping for the best today and a swift and complete recovery in tha weeks to come!!! :wub:

In anticipation of a successful outcome:

Almighty God and heavenly Father, You are the fountain of life and healing. We bless Your holy name and offer to You thanks for having delivered Red from sickness and restored him to health. Grant us Your eternal grace, we pray, that we may live a new life in true obedience to You. Guide us to do Your will in all things devoting our lives to Your service. Thus living for You may we be found worthy of Your kingdom, where You dwell in glory with Your Son and Your Holy Spirit forever. Amen.

O Lord God Jesus Christ, the Life and strength of all that put their hope in You, Whose mercies are numberless, and the treasury goodness that is infinite, we give thanks to You for the blessings which You have bestowed., and we humbly beseech You to continue Your goodness toward us. As You have been well pleased to restore us to our bodily health, so do imbue our souls with all the heavenly graces, perseverance in good works, and prepare us by Your blessings in this life for the enjoyment of eternal happiness in the Life to come. For to You are due all glory, honor, and worship, as also to Your Eternal Father and Your All-holy Good and Life-creating Spirit, both now and forever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.

Well, I seem to have somehow survived the surgery yesterday and today will be the first day of my rehab.

No, that's not right. My healing and rehab started when TN Tombstone made the first response to this post. The responses that followed have already made a difference in my life.

I'll keep all y'all in my thoughts and prayers from now on.

Bama....I hope everything went well yesterday for you. Prayers up for your recovery.

Still hard to get used to looking downward and seeing only one foot is very strange. Also, the phantom pain in my missing right ankle is very real and painful.

Me 'n' J. Mark was talking last night and wondering how your surgery went and how you were. To see ya' in the Saloon this mornin' does me good!

On the looking down and only seeing one foot, you should read the novel "The Blue Max". There's a feller in there that talks about his missing leg and some of his exploits are hilarious.

You can get through this and triumph over your troubles.

More prayers from my house and my family for you and yours!!

Praise the Lord!

Mongrel, that shoots with us does so one one real leg and one aftermarket.

My brother had a lot of trouble with phantom pains for a while. It'll get better. I'm glad the surgery went well. Keep us updated on how you're doing. Oh, and it probably goes without saying but, Listen to the doctors. I hope you recover quickly.

I hope the Lord brings you peace, Bama. Heal fast and I hope recovery goes well, sir

Archived