SASS Wire Forum

Where would YOU want to live?

Widder, SASS #59054

In reading the thread about Roughneck Rod moving to Alaska, it got me thinking about places I've always dreamed about living.

I think I would like to live in the southern part of Georgia or may in the piney forest of S.Carolina.

And of course, Texas, Arizona, Oklahoma, etc.....have always been on my list of places I would like to live, or atleast visit.

..........Widder

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Widder....come on down to Austin and visit...shoot every weekend...lots of friendly gun stores...friendly gun laws..food...great little joints...tex-mex...barbeque every mile....iced beer in water tanks...martinis so dry they will evaporate if not poured quickly...women so pretty they will make you blush...women so versatile they can shoot a deer.. field dress it...get it to the locker...and still be dressed for the the 6pm black tie fandango....up the next day in the barn saddling her own horse by 6am. I am just a boring guy but I love where I live...oh yes and Texas has some great doctors and medical facilities also...Yeahaw.....Jim

Southwest Florida.

Near beaches and family.

Oh wait...

That's where I DO live!!

Yay, I love my life.

Waimea

Ohio fer tha great bunch of shooters there... :wub: or southern Utah or northern Arizona fer the beautiful scenery....or North Carolina fer reasons best left unsaid....

I dunno, I'm pretty happy with the Ozark Mountains.

Have relatives and several cowboy friends and non cowboy friends that have moved to North Carolina and they all love it there..

My sister has lived in Texas for 36 yrs and loves it, so either of these are high on my list, the extended shooting seasons in both places get my attention as well as the gun laws...

Spades H.

Couldn't drag me kicking out of New England. We thought about it once and decided that this area seems to have the least hate & discontent from mother nature as well!

There is a place called Wyoming that is the most special of all...

Of course there are some nice places in Montana and Idaho....

Oregon and Washington sure have a lot to offer...

Ya can't knock New Hampshire, for sure.....

Northern NM sure does look nice as well, and I here a lot of people retire there and Arizona.

The Wartrace,TN area looks inviting........

But so does Ellijay, Ga, and Cashiers/Highlands, N.C.......

Whats there not to like about my favorite city by the sea, Charleston?

Or upstate, S.C.?

Nebraska, South Dakota, or Iowa, you say? Sure. Good people. Clean. Safe.

But, if I had to settle on one......probably in the four corners region on the Colorado side around Delores or Dove Creek, despite Wyoming being my hands down, unequivocal favorite. The climate is decent and it offers more for my family of six to do. 20+ National parks and monuments in 2-3 hour drive. Lakes, river woods and water. Lots of 4wd opportunities. State lands abound. Plenty of fishing. The San Juans.....

In Texas, I would like to live in the hill country, near Fredericksburg/Johnson City.

The area around Cody WY is nice, but too durn cold in the winter.

In reading the thread about Roughneck Rod moving to Alaska, it got me thinking about places I've always dreamed about living.

I think I would like to live in the southern part of Georgia or may in the piney forest of S.Carolina.

And of course, Texas, Arizona, Oklahoma, etc.....have always been on my list of places I would like to live, or atleast visit.

..........Widder

Well Hummingbird Thumbs...if yore gonna move to S. GA make sure you make it above the gnat line :lol: I'm enjoying living in NE Georgia....just far enough out of Atlanta not to be bothered too much by the goings on there but close enough to go there for events. The mountains are close by and there are cowboy matches every weekend within an hours drive. My two sons have taken wives from here and set down roots and given me 4 grandsons so I don't plan on moving any time soon.

I lived in Texas (Cleburne) for 10 years and very much enjoyed my time spent there. I was born and raised in South Louisiana and I so enjoy that culture and love to visit there every chance I get.

If I could just pick up my whole extended family I'd like to live in southeast Texas, someplace close to Cut and Shoot.

Kajun

Here is the view from my front porch... Can sit on the back porch and shoot what ever you like... targets, wild hogs, deer. California is not all Urban... in fact, it has more country than most states have area. 30 min up the road are trees that go up to 30 feet in diameter.

P5110362_zpsdb924f4a.jpg

I would move several times a year. The high desert of the Southwest in the Fall, the low desert in Arizona or Nevada in the winter then late Spring and Summer in western Oregon or Washington. California would be nice all year around but the gun laws and high taxes keep me away.

Southwest New Mexico. I have 18 acres between Mimbres and Lake Roberts that sits on the old GOS ranch where I can walk across the road and be in the Gila National Forest and just a few more steps puts me in the Gila wilderness. Alas, it is not to be. I will be living out my days in the Verde Valley of Arizona - not a bad second choice.

AZ or NM. I spent a lot of time traveling through both states. The climate is great , If you don't like the weather or temperature on a given day, drive 2 hours and it is completely different. Much more gun friendly than NY and man if you want to talk about great and diverse food, New Mexico is hard to beat.

Wyatt Hurts

Somewhere not too hot, not too cold, that doesn't normally get hurricanes or earthquakes, has a low cost of living, politicians I don't despise and is near a major job market in case I need to find a different job sometime in the future.

A mile or two from Tombstone, AZ.

Talked to the wife about downsizing in the next 5 years. No gutters to clean, no yard to mow, no tree limbs to pickup, high desert temperatures and lots of space to explore. Cowboy every weekend.

She countered with moving to Tombstone for three Indiana winter months then back to Indiana for 9 months.

I asked, "How is that cutting expenses by maintaining two homes?" I countered with 3 months in Tombstone, then she could stay with sister #1 three months, sister #2 three months and her mother for three months.

Doctor said I should be able to start rehab in a week or two...

Hi Folks,

I really love where I live. It is in the CA foothills known as the Gold Country. We have 10 forested (pine and oak) acres with two huge clearings. All of our neighbors have a minimum of 10 acres so no one encroaches on your privacy. We are at the end of a dead-end road, so no traffic. We are at 2400 feet above sea level, so snow is infrequent. We are not near a fault line, so no earthquakes. Also, no hurricanes, tornadoes, or big storms. The usual temperature spread in 30-99, with infrequent 20-105.

If you go outside during the day, you can frequently hear one of our neighbors target shooting. I see deer and turkeys every day. You have to pass three retired LEOs to get to our house; one of them is a CAS shooter.

If I moved, I'd have to evaluate the weather, medical facilities, topography, availability of water, neighborhood, and proximity to CAS clubs. Even more difficult, would be talking Hubby into moving.

Regards,

Allie

PS We also have a range on our property.

Tuscon AZ! Got the bug visiting my Mother in Green Valley. Love Tubac, Old Tucson Studios, Pima, Tombstone, etc. My wife is from Guatemala and fell in love with the mountains that are all around as well. If I could I would in a heartbeat!

Widder

I have had a blessed life---got to live all over (by reason of my father being a career Air Force man)--New Mexico, Washington, Texas, Colorado, Alabama, Washington DC, Florida, even France for 3 years. I love it right where I am. If I had to pick another locale, it would be North Georgia or somewhere between Telluride and Durango CO.

Cass

Archived