SASS Wire Forum

I Received Bad News

DocWard

Tears are threatening again as I try to type this, but I wanted to do an update.

I received word awhile ago that my friend I mentioned in my other thread has died. Rob Mowery was a guitar instructor, not only for me, but for my wife and both of our daughters. Through the years we had become close, and we were just as likely to spend most of a lesson talking about music and other things as we were to be actually playing. We spent time outside of lessons, and he was laid back and enjoyable to hang around. He was an amazing guitarist, making the difficult look easy, and had a level of talent that should have had him well beyond our town. At least two of his students are currently in bands that have achieved a fair amount of success.

The music today isn't quite so bright, and the guitars are muted. Those who knew him are richer for having done so, and if there is a heaven, their band just got a bit better.

Rest in piece, Rob.

DocWard,

My deepest sympathy at the loss of one of your best friends.

Cherish the memories you have of him and he will continue to live on.

15621368_AGoodFriend.JPG.04110fdf0244642e1ebff42a77dd9544.JPG

My deepest sympathy there is little more heartbreaking than loosing a friend . Go ahead and cry there is nothing wrong with that sometimes we need to just let our emotions out 

Our sincerest condolences Doc. May Rob Rest in Peace.

Eyesa & Ellie

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I pray for his forgiveness and peace for family and friends. 

RIP. Music Man .

Thank you, everyone. I can't put into words how much it is appreciated. I'm still just stunned. I wish I had recorded some of his stuff. In the days to come, I will find out what I can track down. I did find a couple of pics, though, and this one is probably my favorite. If I recall correctly, he was playing a "cover of a cover," Gary Hoey's version of 'Lowrider.'

167704_134429743285886_7152552_n.jpg.7dc103b76eb3e0afc4cbe273bdd2ff7e.jpg

Doc, sorry for your loss. He sounded like a very talented and generous man.

So sorry for your loss.

Lost my musical mentor a year and a half ago.  I still think of him every day and I hear him in my head every time I step on the stage.

In a little while, you’ll play that lick he showed you or you’ll think of a riff that you shared and you’ll smile a little and wipe back that tear.  

You’ll pass on something he taught you and he will be there for someone else through you.

The music lives on and we give and receive its gift, adding to it our own bit of soul so it grows and flourishes.

Doc,

Condolences on the loss of your friend. May you hear him and remember him fondly in the music you listen to. May he Rest In Peace.

My heartfelt condolences on your loss. :(

Mrs. Doc and I said our final goodbyes to Rob tonight. Spoke for a bit with his mother, and my wife and I assured her that Rob touched more lives in a positive way through his music and his teaching than any of us will ever realize. I told her if there is anything I can do her, at all it isn't an imposition. Despite being close to Rob, I had never met his mom. She didn't place us until I mentioned I'm a lawyer. Then her eyes lit up and she got a smile, and said "Now I know who you are, he talked about all of you a lot!" I'm certain we kept each other from coming to tears at that moment. I did tell Randy, the owner of the guitar store Rob taught out of, to reiterate that I'll do what I can for her, when she has a little less going on.

Prayers to all of you.  Robs mother will appreciate your support, I'm sure.  You've been a good friend, it sounds.

Doc,  God bless you and your Friend. I have lost four of my life long Friends in the last 8 years and I know how it hurts. My Prayers go out to night.   Hoss C.

Archived