SASS Wire Forum

SCHOOLMARM update 7/7 more good news!

Blackwater 53393

As some of you already know, my lover, Shotgun Schoolmarm, was diagnosed with breast cancer back before Christmas. The doctors have found a 1/2" growth in her left breast and another lesion on the upper section of her left thigh bone. The cancer is a highly hormone positive strain and they tell us it is very treatable and that it responds well to medication.

Her oncologist is optimistic that we can whip this thing. She has gotten Schoolmarm into a clinical study that helps to pay for tests and some treatment. At this point we don't know if she will be receiving the test medication or placebo, but the help with tests and treatments will help remove some of the burden and expense.

The orthopedist has put her on crutches to relieve stress on the leg and she is mostly upbeat and is back at school and running her class. Yesterday's CT scan revealed that the breast lesion has shrunk a millimeter since we found it and initiated treatment.

Keep her in your thoughts and prayers if you will.

More good news at he bottom of page two!!

Check out the end of the thread NOW!!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prayers on the way

Prayers up. What OLG said!

Prayers up for a complete healing for you wife and for comfort for you both.

Prayers up to the Trail Boss for Schoolmarm and for your family. My wife had breast cancer and has thrived after all of her ordeals....I know your wife will do likewise.

Kajun

To Schoolmarm.

Look at it this way:

You have survived Blackwater, cancer should be easy!

You are both in my thoughts. Many of us have been down this road.

Prayers up for Schoolmarm and your family. She can beat this, with lots of help and support.

I'm a 2 year survivor of H+ breast cancer. If you need anything or just want to chat, let me know.

Blackwater, FWIW, seven years and still going.

It ain't easy but a loving family around doesn't hurt at all.

She and you, will be in my prayers every day until we get

this matter finished.

Prayers up for you and your loved ones...God Bless...Jim

wish y'all weren't in the same boat!!!! prayers upon every remembrance....

Blackwater, you and Schoolmarm will both be in my prayers for the duration. Please give her a big ole hug and kiss for me until I get the chance to deliver them myself.

You know to call if you need anything at all.

Blackwater, You and Schoolmarm are both in my prayers to the Great Creator above.

He sees and knows more than I can pray for......He knows you'r heart of hearts, He knows you'r fears.

He will walk with you both on this trail, He will hold you and shine His light onto you'r fears, and He will rejoice with you when you guys beat this.

I know for I have walked down this trail before myself.

Blackwater,

I'm in for prayers for continued healing for Schoolmarm, and peace in both your souls.

CBO

I want to thank all of you for the support and encouragement. She actually reads the posts y'all put up. She is upbeat and positive about the whole thing. It just is a little tiring to both of us with all of the hectic running around right now. It takes a little getting used to and like yesterday when the onco's office called and asked us to run back to Nashville to re-do all of the blood work that she had done Tuesday. Hopefully, in a few weeks, we can get back to some kind of routine for a while.

Anyways, THANK YOU ALL!! The kind words really mean a lot!!

It's starting to settle down a little bit now. After today's visit, we're on an every two week examination schedule. She received the "test medication" for the study and instructions on how to use them and when to stop. It works on a 21 day cycle.

Her oncologist is optimistic and the most recent CAT scan showed no evidence of the cancer in her spine. That's good!

We appreciate y'all keeping her in your thoughts!! Seems to be working!!

Archived