SASS Wire Forum

SCHOOLMARM update 7/7 more good news!

Blackwater 53393

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent news!

Well, we just got home from the oncologist visit and the CAT scan. NO cancerous activity in any bone. Bone density is fine and only slight scarring on the femur with new and excellent bone growth where the lesion had been. All of her blood work is the best we have seen since treatment started in late November.

Now for the top news of the day................In the words of her oncologist, "The lesion on the breast is teeny tiny now!"

Schoolmarm says, "See y'all at Black Gold Shootout!!!"

Well, we just got home from the oncologist visit and the CAT scan. NO cancerous activity in any bone. Bone density is fine and only slight scarring on the femur with new and excellent bone growth where the lesion had been. All of her blood work is the best we have seen since treatment started in late November.

Now for the top news of the day................In the words of her oncologist, "The lesion on the breast is teeny tiny now!"

Schoolmarm says, "See y'all at Black Gold Shootout!!!"

Outstanding!!! Congrats!!

YEEEEE HAWWWWW ! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wish I could be there with you folks, but I sure will be there in Spirit ! ^_^

Well Forty, it postponed our trip to visit several folks, including you, Birdgun, and Badger. We had decided that if this was terminal she would retire immediately and we'd take off on a lap of America. As it turns out, we'll be doing that next year when she actually does retire like we'd planned all along.

By staying one more year, she earns another $100.00 plus a month and her insurance premium is still covered by the school system. There are several other small perks added too.

Reckon you and the rest of the folks will just hafta' wait another year 'fore you get to see us in person. I can live with that.........

Great news, Backwater. My prayers of thanks will be going out all day.

I think you got a keeper there. Giver her a big hug from Badger and tell her

that I will make certain that she gets one of those fruit cakes next season. :D

A glass of Power's raised as high as I can reach!!!!!!!

Well Forty, it postponed our trip to visit several folks, including you, Birdgun, and Badger. We had decided that if this was terminal she would retire immediately and we'd take off on a lap of America. As it turns out, we'll be doing that next year when she actually does retire like we'd planned all along.

By staying one more year, she earns another $100.00 plus a month and her insurance premium is still covered by the school system. There are several other small perks added too.

Reckon you and the rest of the folks will just hafta' wait another year 'fore you get to see us in person. I can live with that.........

Love to see you, but I'd rather wait a year and have everyone well and hearty. Makes everything funner (Is too a real word.) when we can all feel up to it. Come when ever you're ready.

(BTW: Birdgun who? And which Badger? :P )

• 1 month later...

SO!!

We went this morning for another CAT scan and other tests along with a visit to the oncologist. The scan this morning shows NO cancerous activity, ANYWHERE!! The lesion on her breast is now just scar tissue and the bone X-ray shows healthy bone with little evidence of there having been a problem.

Treatment will continue for now as usual. We're having a circulating cell test done to see if there are any threats lingering. The clinical study will continue as well for now with the accompanying tests and monitoring. The scar tissue in the breast remains for now. They will decide later whether or not to remove it and do radiation or to just keep an eye on it.

Schoolmarm says it's a good thing she is getting healthy now since I'm having shoulder surgery in two weeks to repair my damaged right rotator cuff. Now I get to be the big baby!! :lol::lol::lol:

Anyways, we wanted to thank all of you once again for the prayers and support. :wub: IT IS WORKING!! ;)

Not such bad news for my 12,000th post, HUH??? :o:o:lol:

Howdy Blackwater,

We are tickled to hear that Schoolmarm is out of danger.

I won't get to Black Gold this year, I am recovering from an accident, but am confident that you will cause everybody there to have a good time.

I will say a prayer for your shoulder surgery.

Duffield

Great news, Pard. So happy for Schoolmarm. I know what a burden that can be.

But God is Great, Beer is good and I am nuts.

About that shoulder surgery, I will keep a few good words in for you on that.

I had my rotor done about fifteen years ago and it cost me 100% free movement in

my right arm. But I am just stupid enough to switch as much of the heavy lifting

as needed to the left. I have found that when they cut on you, it is never as good

as before. But stick with it. This is all a big test anyway. :)

great big hugs for BOTH of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terrific news Blackwater...Although I am yet to met your lovely schoolmarm I send love & strength & best wishes to you both.

Your friend 'Mohawk

Best damn news I've heard in a long time! Tell Schoolmarm she's got a great big hug and kiss coming as soon as we're all together.

Hell, I might even give you a big hug, too, just for taking such good care of her!! ;):D

Archived