SASS Wire Forum

SCHOOLMARM update 7/7 more good news!

Blackwater 53393

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kris! Can't get my PM to go through. Check your box........

Well, she drove herself to wok a couple of days this week, and she has decided to continue to teach until her regular retirement date next spring (2016).

We have rearranged our finances a little to pay off a few things faster and to free up some of our monthly income. The medication study has picked up some of the testing, scan, and medication expense as well. We also have reached the point in treatment where I'm not having to take her into the city every day and her appointments are now bi-weekly. WHEW!!

Now if I can get my head back together and get to where I'm sleeping again for more than a couple of hours, (I usually sleep about five) and get a few things that I usually do caught back up, maybe we'll both get over this a little more quickly!!

Thanks again to all of you for your support and prayers.

Kris! Can't get my PM to go through. Check your box........

Sorry. Please try again.

Glad things are improving. You both remain in my prayers.

Blackwater,

I am delighted to hear how well schoolmarm is progressing. I will be saying some more prayers for the two of you.

Duffield

• 2 months later...

Well the prayers and thoughts are working!

We visited the orthopedist who discovered the cancer in the first place this morning. Schoolmarm has been riding crutches since right before Thanksgiving. A little less than two weeks ago we had another CAT scan and another round of X-rays in anticipation of her oncologist/clinical study appointment and the appointment today.

The CAT scan showed no malignancy in the femur/hip region and a reduction of 2mm in width and 3mm in length of the breast lesion. Today at the bone doctor meeting, he told her she could dispense with the crutches and resume riding her motorcycle and walking the dog. A look at the X-rays, (something I've become very familiar and informed about) the cyst on her thigh bone has all but vanished and new bone growth has almost completely displaced the damaged material. As I type this, she is out riding the lawnmower, another of her favorite things to do. I won't charge the battery on the Sportster 'til tomorrow. If I do it today, she is liable to over-do the activity thing.

Anyhow! Thanks, y'all!! :wub: We're more grateful than any of you can imagine. Please keep it up!! It's really working!!

Good news indeed.

Still talking with my Creator about Schoolmarm there, Blackwater. Burning sage, & cedar while chatting healing prayers to HIM.

On going prayers for Schoolmarm, and for your strength in support of her healing.

Capt RHK

Congratulations on Schoolmarm's recovery. We will continue to pray for her to completely regain her health.

Duffield

Very good news indeed. My Carol jean is a 15 year survivor.

Well the prayers and thoughts are working!

We visited the orthopedist who discovered the cancer in the first place this morning. Schoolmarm has been riding crutches since right before Thanksgiving. A little less than two weeks ago we had another CAT scan and another round of X-rays in anticipation of her oncologist/clinical study appointment and the appointment today.

The CAT scan showed no malignancy in the femur/hip region and a reduction of 2mm in width and 3mm in length of the breast lesion. Today at the bone doctor meeting, he told her she could dispense with the crutches and resume riding her motorcycle and walking the dog. A look at the X-rays, (something I've become very familiar and informed about) the cyst on her thigh bone has all but vanished and new bone growth has almost completely displaced the damaged material. As I type this, she is out riding the lawnmower, another of her favorite things to do. I won't charge the battery on the Sportster 'til tomorrow. If I do it today, she is liable to over-do the activity thing.

Anyhow! Thanks, y'all!! :wub: We're more grateful than any of you can imagine. Please keep it up!! It's really working!!

Hot damn, that is good news.

Still saying prayers for you both.

Keep us posted.

Good news indeed, Blacky! keep lookin' UP...

When the enemy rushes in like a flood, The lord will set up a standard against it. Jeremiah

Ashamed of myself but we're only now back home and able to look at this confuser thing.

Just saw this thread.

Standing up on my knees for the both of you!

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy Blackwater--I just saw the post. Wishing you and her the very best outcome! Even though my prayers are later than many, I KNOW GOD WILL STILL LISTEN TO THEM! Hang in there and win this fight!

New scans May 8th and 12th. These will be all done close together with immediate follow-ups by all of the doctors involved. She's excited and anticipating more great results. This will be six months since the cancer was discovered, and we've been blessed with you all's support and prayers.

Thanks again for putting in a good word for us!!

• 3 weeks later...

We're starting a new round of tests today. She had a bone density test and a new round of X-rays. We won't have the results from the bone density test until next Tuesday, but the X-ray on her leg showed even more new bone growth where the cyst had been and less evidence of the cyst even being there. New CAT scan on Tuesday morning and then the bloodwork and EKG before seeing her oncologist.

I'll have a full report as soon as all precincts report.

Keep talking with my Creator & burning white sage for her healing, Blackwater . ;)

Archived