SASS Wire Forum

Could use the prayer posse again please

Eyesa Horg

My Ellie goes in tomorrow morning for an 8hr. surgery to reverse her colostomy from last December. Should be in the hospital for 5-7 days.

We'd sure appreciate you folks thinking of her.

I'll update as I know something.

Much Obliged,

Eyesa

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O Lord Jesus Christ our God, Who did patiently endure the scourging and wounding of Your most holy Body, that You might save the souls and bodies of Your people, look graciously, we beseech You, upon the suffering body of this Your servant Ellie and give her strength to endure patiently whatsoever You shall see fit to lay upon her. Bless the means employed for the working out of her cure, granting that she may so endure her sufferings in the flesh that the wounding of her body may be to avail for the correcting and salvation of her soul, for Yours it is to show mercy and to save, O Christ our God; and to You do we send up Glory, as to Your Eternal Father and Your All‑Holy, Good and Life‑creating Spirit, both now and ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.

Best wishes, good thoughts, & prayers to Ellie as well as you, plus here’s to a speedy recovery…

As an El Rey that's entirely too familiar with hospital operating rooms, she has my sympathy and my prayers.

Thanks everyone, it sure helps. Heading out in less than hour. It's going to be a long day! 

You have my prayers and those of Schoolmarm as well!!

Sorry to be so late in seeing this!!

Just called the hospital, Candy's "Ellie Phant" is still in surgery. I'm finding myself quite antsy this time. Again, sure do appreciate the support from our Cowboy family. It sure helps knowing we have you're support, Thank you.

Prayers on the way.

7 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

@Eyesa Horg Any news?

Yes

Surgeon called after 9 hours plus of surgery last night. Had to remove more colon,but were able to reattach.:) However from my understanding, they had to give her another ostomy for the small intestine called an "ileostomy".:( This will be in place for 8 months. From her perspective, this will be worse than where we were. Then more surgery to reverse that.

Honestly not sure what to think at this point! It's sure been life changing for poor Ellie :wub:, me too, I guess.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. We'll get through this.

I will update later as I get down there to visit and hopefully learn more. Sure not what we were hoping for.

Eyesa

Archived