Isom Dart, SASS#8096

Talking to a friend about how many guns you have that you bought because ;

1. That's cool

2. I don't have one of those

3. I "NEED" one of those

4. Your buddy has one

5. Couldn't pass up the price

or fill in your own.

THEN,,,,, when you buy it,, shoot 1/2 to a box of ammo . Clean it like brand new ,, back in the safe to become a Super safe queen, Never to be heard from again. Com'n now ,,,,, how many??

Isom ,,,, who'se got a few.

Answer to question:

1 : 90%

2 : 100%

3 : 0%

4 : 0%

5 : 30%

Then questions ; 

How many do I WANT ?  100%

How Many Are Used Regularly?  65%

my 2 bits.  :)

29 minutes ago, Isom Dart, SASS#8096 said:

1. That's cool

3. I "NEED" one of those

4. Your buddy has one

or fill in your own.

THEN,,,,, when you buy it,, shoot 1/2 to a box of ammo . Clean it like brand new ,, back in the safe to become a Super safe queen, Never to be heard from again. Com'n now ,,,,, how many??

You sound just like my wife.

One day I happened to look behind the bedroom door and there were a few odds and ends leaning there.  Amongst the junk was an Egyptian? rolling block rifle I didn't recognize.  I don't know where or when I got it.  Dusty and dirty - it had been there years. I cleaned it up with Pledge and took it to a gunshop and got a tidy little sum. That's how many I have. 

One shy of "enough".  And when that slot get's filled, it'll still be "one shy of enough!"

When you say "guns"....are you talking about ALL guns including the CAS stuff?   Just stuff that's functional outside of CAS (home/personal defense, hunting, etc)?   What about percussion or flint lock black powder guns, count those too?   What about antiques that are really challenging to obtain ammunition for?  

All I can say is if we are attacked and they try to come ashore at Granby Place, I believe I can hold them off for a while :)

5 hours ago, Presidio said:

Lord Almighty only gifted me with one gun.  It's gets oiled and abused  right regular.

Fixed it for you.

5 hours ago, Presidio said:

It's gets oiled

Liquid KY?:D

=================

I can truthfully say that I own no guns.

Neither do I own any howitzers or mortars.

1 minute ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Just so you know, a mortar IS a gun.

From Wikipedia, but matches with what I remember from the 1863 Ordnance Department manual:

"A gun was a cannon designed to fire in a flat trajectory, a howitzer was a shorter piece designed to throw exploding shells in an arcing trajectory, and a mortar was a very short piece for firing at elevations of more than 45°."

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

One less then I want :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

From Wikipedia, but matches with what I remember from the 1863 Ordnance Department manual:

"A gun was a cannon designed to fire in a flat trajectory, a howitzer was a shorter piece designed to throw exploding shells in an arcing trajectory, and a mortar was a very short piece for firing at elevations of more than 45°."

Quite correct, but a gun is also defined as a weapon with a smooth barrel, which a mortar has. 

Not enough of any of those categories except safe queens.

I don’t have any safe queens.

1 hour ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Quite correct, but a gun is also defined as a weapon with a smooth barrel, which a mortar has. 

Does that apply to the "tube" on an M1An tank? How about the 16in. naval rifles on the Iowa-class BB's?

7 hours ago, Isom Dart, SASS#8096 said:

1. That's cool

3. I "NEED" one of those

4. Your buddy has one

or fill in your own.

1-2

2-0

3- the rest of them :D

4-0

5-0

Three that have never had more than a box run through them. I still like them though, and really do need to make an effort to work them into the rotation. 

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

How many guns do you have that you have because you jokingly made an offer and it was accepted?

I've got one of those. 

I was given (free) 2 holsters, one belt and one shoulder holster. The shoulder holster is a S&W. A little research and it's for a 8 3/8" model 29. That free holster cost me a bit of $$$.

BS

Archived