SASS Wire Forum

My match today summed up in a photo.

Big Gus, SASS# 66666

BLESS YOUR HEART! :wub:

Hugs!

Scarlett

Memories: That exactly did occur to me years ago. I have that photo somewhere & will post it when I do. It was on old model 3 screw Ruger.

1 hour ago, Gungadin said:

So obviously the shot after that one didn't happen.  Why?

Big Gus was fortunate that the stuck in the muzzle squib was the 5th round!  

That's the hard way to slug a barrel.

15 hours ago, Bingo Montana said:

I wouldn't have believed it unless I was there and saw it will my own eyes!

:o

You gonna believe the media or your own lying eyes!!!

2 hours ago, Bingo Montana said:

Big Gus was fortunate that the stuck in the muzzle squib was the 5th round!  

That's what I expected.  My kids say 'no such thing as luck, God's blessing'.  Not sure my brain, left hand, trigger finger sequence would stop me from running one into it....

With those long barrels, if you had been at Bordertown when this happened, you could have reached over the table and touched the target with the nose of the bullet and it would have been a hit.  Might have saved a clean match.

We told Gus there were 3 solves for this issue:

• More powder
  • If conserving powder, then magnum pistol primers
  • Cut the revolver barrels to 4.75" or shorter

Worked very hard for this number. When I went to join the number was around 66xxx. I asked if I could have all 6s. They said unfortunately no as they were given sequentially. So I kept calling back until it was available. I think they just got tired of me calling and gave it to me.

Somewhat curious as to what the actual or at least intended load was here?  By the way, beautiful handguns and I'm glad they apparently weren't damaged!

11 hours ago, Bison Bud said:

Somewhat curious as to what the actual or at least intended load was here?  By the way, beautiful handguns and I'm glad they apparently weren't damaged!

I believe it was 4.5 grains of trailboss and a 148 grain projectile. Pair of beretta stampedes engraved by the late Linecutter. 

I think increasing the charge by .1 grains MIGHT do the trick or at least allow the bullet to clear the barrel!

Mind you, you may still have to hold a little higher.

WART HOGS RULE!

af3ecbde3b92c8ce93878f61da0a70da.jpg

Not really a surprise coming from the guy with the leather plier's carrier mounted on his gun belt.

Reference first picture.

LOL, almost made it! That's the second one of those I've seen, other one was a Browning HP owned by a guy wo started a uniform shop here in Phoenix, John's Uniforms. Bullet was just barely in the barrel. Ol' John kept it as a souvenir, bought another HP LOL

Archived