SASS Wire Forum

Coffee cups

I have a bunch! May have missed a few on work benches, book cases, etc. :) Too many?

6F1EE446-21CB-420D-874E-BCFB5132ADF4.jpeg

I had many, many. In 2009, my daughter opened her first day school. It had nine classrooms, five open to start, and a kitchen for the teacher’s breaks, etc. I donated 3 dozen cups. A few years later I donated a couple dozen more. Her manager claimed “I’M THE BOSS” right away. Some got taken home, most were used, washed, and put back. They must have saved her a lot in paper cups.

there is a mandated minimum number of teachers per number of children for each age group. The school is “6 weeks to 6 years”. There would be at least 15 to 20 teachers at all times.

I had well over a hundred when I had an office to display them in.  They were all related to being a cop or firearms in some way.  I have since downsized, and have about 15 or 20 left.  I never drink out of them, though...I use a 16 oz insulated tumbler for my coffee.

Ours are either elephants for Ellie or Harley related. A few cowboy related that stay in the camper. Inventory reduced due to breakage! 

4 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I have a bunch! May have missed a few on work benches, book cases, etc. :) Too many?

6F1EE446-21CB-420D-874E-BCFB5132ADF4.jpeg

Nice collection! I probably have that many but I've never lined them up for a photo shoot! Maybe I will!! Stay tuned...................

Howdy,

I try different styles of handles.

The ones that dont fit me get dropped off...

at goodwill that is.

I just found out about whiskey glasses. I found a set of four for 1.29 each.

But it was red tag week so they cut the price 50 %

Alot cheeper than the 40 bucks some wanted on the www.

Best

CR

now what???

I used to have dozens of various mugs from funny to gun related to cowboy. One day we were packing for a move and I loaded the whole bunch up, except for a few, and took them to Goodwill. 

When I was packing up my office a couple of weeks ago I had a bunch of railroad and transit related mugs that I took to the lunchroom and put a little “free to good home” sign on the counter where I sat them. The next day they were all gone. 

Had one for every FAA system I was certified in which numbered around 25 then I kept getting funny ones and several commemorating holidays, etc.   My wife used to throw out the ones that had broken handles or were cracked.  Probably accumulated over 50 or so.  Now I am down to about 30.

48 minutes ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

Coffee cups are like rabbits. Leave a few of them alone for a while, and next thing you know you have twice as many. 
when my cupboard gets to the point that not everything fits, it is time to cull the herd.  Did that a few months ago. 

I’m about 2 mugs from running out of space. ;)

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Sweet. I have a pretty fair collection, mostly from places we've traveled. Quite a few I've never used. Like you, we ran out of cabinet space quite a while back, so I seldom buy one unless I REALLY like it.

JHC

I have that many and more Boy Scout related cups from over the years. Stored in a couple boxes in the basement somewhere. 

12 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

That's only because American coffees are sized way too big!! A Doppio is more than enough :D

Italian_Coffee.JPG.5620db581659de64a187af575d204ed1.JPG

(okay, I cropped the Latte Macchiato :ph34r: )

6 hours ago, Equanimous Phil said:

That's only because American coffees are sized way too big!! A Doppio is more than enough :D

Too BIG? A coffee cup? Blasphemy!

Nice collection! Now I feel the need to capture my own. With some at home and some at the office, that may take more than one photo. Maybe after vacation, if I remember. 

8 hours ago, Equanimous Phil said:

You left out the part where coffee in your neck of the woods is strong enough to corrode the spoon if you stir it too long. :P

na - my wife has been collecting them for years , we have many hundred displayed and more boxed up , she likes to have one from everywhere we have been that was significant and a few that werent , have cups from all over the world 

On 7/7/2022 at 12:50 AM, largo casey #19191 said:

I have a Creamer cup but I can't post it on here.:wub:

Largo

............. probably breast best if you don't ........   :excl:

:wub:

Archived