SASS Wire Forum

Aaarrrggghhhh’

Utah Bob #35998

I learned something one day about medicine interactions.

I had both a head cold and a chest cold. I took Dristan to try to get my nose to stop running and Robitussin to see if I could clear the crap out of my lungs.

The two of them together got me stoned as hell.

8 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I had both a head cold and a chest cold. I took Dristan to try to get my nose to stop running and Robitussin to see if I could clear the crap out of my lungs.

And then you didn't care about anything and watched cartoons???:P

12 minutes ago, Alpo said:

And the effects can even be felt today.:blink:

Always excellent medical advice in the Saloon but…..Alcohol, acetaminophen and Tustin are definitely not a recommended cocktail. :rolleyes:

And 3 emergency runs to the bathroom during breakfast. 
And I do mean runs! :(

Hope you feel better soon Bob. I can empathize with you, being I'm on lifetime Penicillin!!I'm like the old AD, towing an outhouse behind me!!

It probably wasn’t the peach or pumpkin pies, nor the accompanying whiskey that’s to blame.  So what else have you been eating UB??

:o

Now my voice is starting to sound like Trace Atkins. 

2 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Now my voice is starting to sound like Trace Atkins. 

Time to go to the emergency room if you start acting like him.

Hope you start to feeling better.

5 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Time to go to the emergency room if you start acting like him.

Hope you start to feeling better.

I’d head into town for a COVID test but it’s 35 miles. I’d need to wear some depends. 

:lol:

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

:angry:

89000180-746E-4639-9885-3113B0608538.jpeg

Do you have a home Covid testing kit?  If you have been double or triple  vaxed, the symptoms of the new virus Omnicom are usually a bit of a sore throat and other cold like symptoms.  We have two friends who both were triple vaxed, tested positive for the Omnicom virus, one in his 80's and the other in his 70's.  Both thought they just had a cold.  My grandson, aged 16 and double vaxed, tested positive but had no symptoms.  The only reason that he got tested was that his hockey buddy that he hung out with tested positive.  My grandson said that if he wasn't tested, he wouldn't even knew he had it. He went through the mandatory isolation at home and no one else in the family caught it and they were all double vaxed.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

Do you have a home Covid testing kit?  If you have been double or triple  vaxed, the symptoms of the new virus Omnicom are usually a bit of a sore throat and other cold like symptoms.  We have two friends who both were triple vaxed, tested positive for the Omnicom virus, one in his 80's and the other in his 70's.  Both thought they just had a cold.  My grandson, aged 16 and double vaxed, tested positive but had no symptoms.  The only reason that he got tested was that his hockey buddy that he hung out with tested positive.  My grandson said that if he wasn't tested, he wouldn't even knew he had it. He went through the mandatory isolation at home and no one else in the family caught it and they were all double vaxed.

Yeah I’m faxed and boosted. Also a flu shot.

I have test kits on order but they haven’t arrived. I think Biden is going to deliver them personally so I’m pretty happy. :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I’d head into town for a COVID test but it’s 35 miles. I’d need to wear some depends. 

:lol:

Why bother, only way to get things back to normal is to start acting like it ,  Its's  cold why do you need the testing place to get 1k to test you and another 3k if ohh gee positive to tell you go home and take OTC meds?  will it change anything you do nope so why?

That being said Get to feeling better soon .

Just now, PowerRiverCowboy said:

Why bother, only way to get things back to normal is to start acting like it ,  Its's  cold why do you need the testing place to get 1k to test you and another 3k if ohh gee positive to tell you go home and take OTC meds?  will it change anything you do nope so why?

Of course it will. Covid infection can determine what treatment you need if any. They have developed and refined treatment procedures over the past few years to be much more effective.

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

Decades ago when I met my future wife in Beijing I caught a really bad bug over there. We went into one of their drug stores, and they sold me something with the label all written in Chinese so I had no clue what it was. Well, whatever it was it knocked me out like a light. When I woke up the next day I felt fine. It's amazing what you can do when there isn't an FDA to worry about.

37 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

As the doc told me when he prescribed Vicodin, don’t take it with alcohol, we don’t want you waking up dead.  The Vicodin is in my medicine cabinet.

Alcohol is what makes Vicodin work.   To my experience anyway.

Vicodin is the gunpowder, alcohol is the cap.

About a month ago I had a bout with something. Lasted 3 days. Headaches, body aches, some coughing, some diarrhea but I only had a 1 degree jump in temperature. Took 2 CoVid tests. Both negative. My O2 was 97&98%. Doc said it might just be “a bug or a reaction to the booster”. She really didn’t know. 
Anyway, I hope it’s just a little thing and you’re back up and at ‘em soon. 

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Of course it will. Covid infection can determine what treatment you need if any. They have developed and refined treatment procedures over the past few years to be much more effective.

Well the FDA just revoked the monoclonal antibodies treatment authorization because it was deemed less effective against omicron. Problem is what about the people getting the other strains of the china flu. :(  No way to really know what variant you have when they first test you.

..... initially I thought it was talk like a pirate day, ..... but then I remembered that it's Australia Day .... :)

........ then I thought you was being Charlie Brown ......... (maybe you was ...) ....   ^_^

............ then I worked out that you is sick ... :(

.... GET WELL SOON, Uncle Bob  :wub:

4 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Yeah I’m faxed and boosted. Also a flu shot.

I have test kits on order but they haven’t arrived. I think Biden is going to deliver them personally so I’m pretty happy. :rolleyes:

I just received the free test kits in the mail today. Only took a week to get here. They were made in Korea. :huh:

Whatever it is I hope you kick it’s ass and are back to sippin good whiskey and taking pics of elk herds soon!

Archived