SASS Wire Forum

How much did you spend to celebrate the 4th?

I spent about $400 on fireworks and firecrackers.

Took about 40 minutes to obliterate every piece.

The firecrackers were in rolls of 500 and we were lighting up those rolls at both ends.   What a blast.

Had some real nice ariel thunder boomers. 

I'm already saving for next year to be a bigger BLAST......   

..........Widder

8.00 in snacks to take to the Fireworks display downtown. Regular fireworks are illegal in most cities in this area.

$60 worth of candy and army men for the parade. :lol:

A whopping $20.00

$15.00 in gas plus $5.00 match fee which included all you could eat BBQ pork sandwiches, chips, cherry cobbler and Ice tea or lemonade to wash it down with.

All courtesy of the Red River Valley Cowpokes

Spent a little more than usual on dinner and dessert that Mrs. Doc made, but not a huge amount.

I spent $0.00 on the 4th of July this year.

I had to work the night shift. 

Guess I'll have to make up for that somewhere. GunBroker maybe? ;)

Howdy,

Gas money out to the park.

And home.

Wonderful display. Paid fer by my property taxes. only a few grand.

Best

CR

$16 at the stand run by our church to raise money for the youth group. A couple of crackling fountains and some spinning blossoms. took about 10 minutes to set them off. Then went to bed and stayed awake till almost midnight as tens of thousands of dollars in illegal fireworks were set off in the neighborhood.

$0.00 fireworks are taboo in Kalifornia. 

I spent about a buck three eighty and watched the fireworks from my back porch.  The town of Prescott Valley conscientiously had their show a mile from my house and downwind. The dog didn't hear many of the explosions and I saw almost everything that rose more than fifty feet above the ground level.

My son and grandson and my son's fiance went over to watch up close and came back with a bag of burgers and fries and some truly wonderful milk shakes.

House rental for a week on the Outer Banks over 4th of July. $4000+

Copious adult beverages. Who cares

Spending a week with my Three kids and spouses + 5 grandkids. PRICELESS

$50.00 on rodeo tickets and a couple of cold drinks. Plus $10 for a hatband for my non-CAS straw cowboy hat.

Gas to go 2 miles to the local small township that puts on an awesome 1 1/2 hour display every year, then home to watch the display that two local farmers on two sides always put on after the towns displays. Actually could have stayed home and seen all three but we meet friends this year. 

41.00 worth of Angus Rib Eyes & about a dollar to make some Cowboy Butter (salt, pepper, lemon, lemon zest, fresh parley, fresh rosemary, red pepper, fresh garlic... and oh yeah, butter.)  Baste those Rib Eyes with CB Butter, and a side order of adult beverage, watch the fireworks from my porch.  Happy Independence Day!!

9 hours ago, Happy Jack, SASS #20451 said:

$82.12.  A good bottle of Bourbon.

That is a good bottle. What maker?

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Depends on where  Here in Santa Rosa - banned.  Next town south - Rohnert Park - sell like hot cakes.

I'm talking real fireworks.

Half of our part of Arizona was on fire.  Got down to where the decision to shoot or not was left up to the cities and towns.  Prescott, Chino Valley and all the place between here and Cordes Lake said no.  Prescott Valley had a nice hour and a half show.

Somebody brought a ton of them up to LA. The illegal show was better than the legal ones.

I wasn't gonna risk baking a cake.

Last one I tried to make came out like a chocolate paving brick.

So -- eight bucks for the wife's birthday cake, fifty bucks for dinner out for the two of us.

Happy Fourth of July to my beautiful bride and now you know why her alias is Firecracker Mel!

About $30 for a brisket. I guess you could say $15, Froze half of it, smoked half. Take my wife and I weeks to eat a whole one. Daughter came by and ate supper. Even froze part of what I cooked! I guess I pretty much got the fireworks fever out of my system when I was a kid. Kinda like going to the fair. It was a lot more fun when Dad was paying for it!

JHC

About $ 54. for a 15 year old bottle  Single Malt Scotch. Drank it all over three days too, with just a little bit of ice.!  Cheers,  Hoss >

On 7/7/2017 at 9:48 PM, Yul Lose said:

Somebody brought a ton of them up to LA. The illegal show was better than the legal ones.

Aren't most illegal shows of any kind better than legal shows.

27 minutes ago, Assassin said:

Aren't most illegal shows of any kind better than legal shows.

Yep.

Archived