SASS Wire Forum

Lily Langtry, the photo dog, has passed to the great range in the sky

Artie Fly, SASS #25397

It is with great sadness we announce that Lily Langtry passed peacefully this morning at age of 16.  She was at home with her parents Art & Sima and her sister Lola Montez.  Thousands of SASS Cowboys and Cowgirls had their posse photos taken with Lily over the years. Lily appeared in approximately 1500 Posse photos at Cowboy Action events all over the country beginning in 2001 at Guns of August in Middleton, Ohio, until her last posse at the 2016 Winter Range in Phoenix, Arizona.  In that time Lily's friendly and loving disposition made her a favorite at Cowboy Action events, and her friends would seek her out on Vendor Row to visit and bring her treats.  Lily worked coast-to-coast and for many years enjoyed traveling and sightseeing until severe arthritis limited her excursions. She had one last dig in the back yard this morning. Lily's ashes will be spread in her yard and at some of the many Cowboy ranges she frequented.  She will be sorely missed.

Lily's first and last posse can be seen at this link:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3n2nkxylhg07cg2/AAB4d8zPGblOiWgAYWEvw9FDa?dl=0

Artie, Sadie, and Lola

Very Sad News:

If you are anything like us.....Our dogs are part of the family!

We morn the passing of Lily.

--Dakota Skipper & the Dawg

So sad to hear about Lily....our dogs are family....they leave a hole that can never be repaired...God bless you and yours... Jim

My condolences.  I know how it feels to lose and miss family, friends, good dogs and good horses.  But the memory of Lily will live on in all those many posse photos I have.

Sorry to hear of your loss. She'll be waiting for you on the other side. 

Prayers up for comfort.She is in two of my posse pictures.She was all way a lady and did what she was told.

My heartfelt condolences, I can see three posse pictures with Lily in them sitting here behind my desk. She was a great dog and I know what you and Sadie are feeling.

Sorry to hear about Lily. I'm sure she is chasing tennis balls in Heaven right now.

Sorry for your loss....Eleanor and I enjoyed seeing her all over the country and have many a posse picture with her.

Take Care.......

Faygo

She was, and always will be special.

Here's hoping she has found the posse with our shooting pards who have gone down the trail ahead of us.  They will take good care of her for sure.

Wow, sorry to hear about the passing of Lily. I remember when she was a pup with her mom Pepper at EOT 2001. Lilly will be missed. She had a great life and I'm guilty of giving her a few treats.

Assassin and Belle

I lost a treasured friend today
The little dog who used to lay
Her gentle head upon my knee
And shared her silent thoughts with me.

She’ll come no longer to my call
Retrieve no more her favourite ball
A voice far greater than my own
Has called her to his golden throne.

Although my eyes are filled with tears
I thank him for the happy years
He let her spend down here with me
And for her love and loyalty.

When it is time for me to go
And join her there, this much I know
I shall not fear the transient dark
For she will greet me with a bark.

hugs!!!

Fannie Kicker and I send our condolences and prayers to you guys, she was a special pup indeed!  We're not home right now, but I assure you, when we get back we will look thru our many posse pictures and find those special ones with Lily. 

Archived