Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Trailrider #896

I guess O.K. isn't O.K anymore!

Recommended Posts

According to a column in the New Yawk Times, using "O.K." in telecom nowadays is considered rude or overbearing or something.  Instead, you are supposed to  use "kk"!  Personally, if replying to a message or directive, I just reply, "Roger, that!" or if asked to do something, "WILCO!"  Guess that dates me and tells you where I come from.  Do you "roger"? :rolleyes:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've roger'd, but still OK. Saw somewhere the ok with your thumb touching your index finger and the others held up is now considered some sort of hate thing. What are we coming to? People just got to get the hell over it like Mulvaney said!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Copy that

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If someone tells me OK isn’t Okay I am afraid I won’t be OK with that and if the tell me they want me to use “KK” or Ku Klux as an OK response I believe I might tell them to FO. <_<

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try "Okey  dokey  pookie  dookie  "

 

They  will  ask  you  to  use OK  

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I refuse to be "politically correct", but I'm generally not rude or mean. If I intend to be rude or insulting there will be NO doubt that I meant it that way. If I don't intend to be, and someone is offended by it, that's on them! 

P.O.O.P #2.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK to me means Oklahoma!

Just saying 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alrighty then.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If coming from NY anything is possible (no offense there.) 

no kk, OK still sound good.

 

czhen

FL 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gave a short talk to employees about email SPAM, including how to use filter to block or prevent blocking email addresses. Got called on the carpet this morning; seems "blacklist" and "whitelist", standard industry terms, are not "sensitive" descriptions.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Palouse said:

Gave a short talk to employees about email SPAM, including how to use filter to block or prevent blocking email addresses. Got called on the carpet this morning; seems "blacklist" and "whitelist", standard industry terms, are not "sensitive" descriptions.

 

Oh for crying out loud....that's ridiculous.  Not "sensitive" my arse. Somebody in personnel needs a reality check and an attitude adjustment.  Get a life!

 

LL

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Palouse said:

Gave a short talk to employees about email SPAM, including how to use filter to block or prevent blocking email addresses. Got called on the carpet this morning; seems "blacklist" and "whitelist", standard industry terms, are not "sensitive" descriptions.

 

Good grief.  Man, you gotta get outta that joint.  :(

 

Back in the 80's, when we were tinkering with IBM 5150, 5160, and 5170 computers and upgrades, I got called on the carpet when I was overheard referring to "master" and "slave" hard drives.  You were there!  I think this was before you joined us, but you knew those folks... hard to believe, but by today's standards they were downright tolerant.  :mellow:

 

Yup.  You reeeeally gotta get outta there.  :(

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember as a shift manager walking through the plant at Christmas time with an HR dweeb handing out crisp new $100 dollar bills to the hourly employees in addition to their normal bonus checks. I'd hand them the C note, shake their hand and wish them a Merry Christmas. After the first  department, the dweeb says, "you really need to say Happy Holidays because you might offend someone with Merry Christmas." I told him to pound sand and continued what I was doing. Next day, my VP handed me my bonus, he grinned and said, "Merry Christmas." Sure couldn't get away with that today!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doc X said:

I remember as a shift manager walking through the plant at Christmas time with an HR dweeb handing out crisp new $100 dollar bills to the hourly employees in addition to their normal bonus checks. I'd hand them the C note, shake their hand and wish them a Merry Christmas. After the first  department, the dweeb says, "you really need to say Happy Holidays because you might offend someone with Merry Christmas." I told him to pound sand and continued what I was doing. Next day, my VP handed me my bonus, he grinned and said, "Merry Christmas." Sure couldn't get away with that today!

 

Ya know, if I were working my tail off in a plant, and my manager came up and handed me a $100, so long as there wasn't a pink slip attached to it, he could smile and tell me to go to hell and I wouldn't be offended.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya know what??  Screw this PC garbage, I'll talk and say what I want and trust myself not to offend anyone according to MY standards. I don't call anyone a racist name or a ethnic slur, I don't say anything bad about people who are of a different sexual persuasion or religion. I'm comfortable with who I am and this PC crap has gone waaaay too far!

 

Rant over!

 

Thanks for listening!!;)

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Ya know what??  Screw this PC garbage, I'll talk and say what I want and trust myself not to offend anyone according to MY standards. I don't call anyone a racist name or a ethnic slur, I don't say anything bad about people who are of a different sexual persuasion or religion. I'm comfortable with who I am and this PC crap has gone waaaay too far!

 

Rant over!

 

Thanks for listening!!;)

 

I'm sorry, what were you saying? I was drinking my coffee...

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have got to quit letting hate groups and the PC crowd corrupting all our symbols and words. First it was that ahole paperhanger conscripting religious symbols thousands of years old. Then the Battle flag, Then the monuments to men and women that sacrificed all for their beliefs. Now saying O.K. or making the OK hand gesture. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

 

The interesting part is that the O.K. association was started as a bet on the 4-chan web site. Now snowflakes everywhere are quaking in their booties while those behind this foolishness are laughing their asses off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got nuthin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Ya know what??  ... I don't call anyone a racist name or a ethnic slur, I don't say anything bad about people who are of a different sexual persuasion or religion. I'm comfortable with who I am and ...

Well, Rye, there you go.  You are demonstrating your White Privilege and Unconscious Bias.

 

Equity and Inclusion!!!!  (Resistance is futile.)

 

 

Edited by Palouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gunfight at the K.K. Corral, just loses something in translation........

 

 

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right up there with “no problem” instead of “you’re welcome” and “boss” instead of “sir”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

If someone tells me OK isn’t Okay I am afraid I won’t be OK with that and if the tell me they want me to use “KK” or Ku Klux as an OK response I believe I might tell them to FO<_<

But Pat, that is such harsh terms.  Take them for a hot coco and give them a big hug. Or then maybe not. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

But Pat, that is such harsh terms.  Take them for a hot coco and give them a big hug. Or then maybe not. 

Flip Over = Harsh term? :P:D

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Will Kane said:

Right up there with “no problem” instead of “you’re welcome” and “boss” instead of “sir”. 

I've had plenty of bosses that didn't deserve "Sir". (Civilian, not military).

Edited by Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you ever get to see, the 2 man play, Greater Tuna, go.

It features the town of Greater Tuna, Texas and it's Radio Station OKKK, where Patsy Cline never dies.

Great, and I say again, Great play.

You're welcome

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I normally respond to a text with 'C' for copy, to show the sender I've rec'd the comm.

When I what to stir things abit. I'll reply with KMA and let the sender figer out how to interpret it. :lol:

OLG 

Edited by The Original Lumpy Gritz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, OK then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.