SASS Wire Forum

Super Bowl

Stopped watching the NFL in 2017 when all the kneelers took over. Thought this might be the first Super Bowl I would watch since, but then they announced the “black national anthem” would be a featured part of the show. Don’t need another divisive selling point in addition to cr@ppy, unfunny woke commercials and a (usually) uninteresting game to take up a whole day. 
YMMV

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I thought that was the football game everyone was going on and on about last Sunday??

I don't watch sports, so I don't keep up with the Super Bowl, but I thought it took place in January. On a Sunday. 3 days ago was the last Sunday in January.

Have I stepped through a Time Warp?

I will probably watch some of it.  I’ll watch the first fifteen seconds of the National Anthem and then turn it off if the singer starts caterwauling and chewing vowels.  Then I’ll pick it up just at the kickoff or right after and watch ‘til the first commercial, (Schoolmarm loves the Clydesdales and Dalmatians on the Bud commercials.) and mute most all of them.  I may even mute the commentary.

I will continue watching if it’s a good game, but if there’s some good auto racing on or a movie that I want to see, I’ll just change the channel or I’ll go do some reloading.

58 minutes ago, July Smith said:

I am out of the loop and not really into football, what is the reason to not watch the super bowl this year? 

When the NFL decided to allow the kneelers and started playing an alternative national anthem,  they lost whatever limited interest I had in them.  

• Like 1

I'll watch, I love a good football game, hope this is one.

• Like 3

I'll watch it.  Not sure who to root for, other than defense.  About 3 years ago I started sort of liking the Niners, sort of new home team - this after being a Raiders fan since '67, and a Chargers fan since I can remember (being from San Diego County and all).  
But as much as I don't like KC, being a Raiders and Chargers fan, I do have a grudging respect for them, and, after all they are AFC, which gave us the passing game, remember "Air Coryell?"

I don't know who is doing the half time show, don't really care, probably won't watch it.  Use that time to make more snacks or something.  And I hope that they don't, as they did with the AFC Championship game, make it as much about that singer who is boffing one of the Chiefs payers as about the game.  She doesn't need more publicity.  

15 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

And I hope that they don't, as they did with the AFC Championship game, make it as much about that singer who is boffing one of the Chiefs payers as about the game. 

I watched the AFC championship highlights on nfl dot com Monday.  There were more "highlights" of her hopping around in the box than football.

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

If you miss the Super Bowl..... you'll miss Taylor Swift.

..........Widder

One of the reasons to NOT watch it IMO. Personally, I sick of hearing anything about her, Kelce and both all three of the Mahomes. I hope it's a horrible, one sided game with the KC Swifties getting blown out 54 - 3.

Edited by Cypress Sun
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I'll watch it.  Not sure who to root for, other than defense.  About 3 years ago I started sort of liking the Niners, sort of new home team - this after being a Raiders fan since '67, and a Chargers fan since I can remember (being from San Diego County and all).  
But as much as I don't like KC, being a Raiders and Chargers fan, I do have a grudging respect for them, and, after all they are AFC, which gave us the passing game, remember "Air Coryell?"

I don't know who is doing the half time show, don't really care, probably won't watch it.  Use that time to make more snacks or something.  And I hope that they don't, as they did with the AFC Championship game, make it as much about that singer who is boffing one of the Chiefs payers as about the game.  She doesn't need more publicity.  

Usher is one of the singers, not crazy about his music but he is a singer, songwriter and piano player. He’s not a rapper!

I have to go with KC because Travis Kelce is from here in Cleveland (actually Cleveland Hts) I also think Mahomes is one heckuva quarterback! So go Chiefs!

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/super-bowl-58-halftime-show-history-2024-las-vegas-usher/36045c8302ef48af4adf24ce

P.S. my son Frank was a co-writer on a song for Ushers album in 2013. The song was There goes my baby. He made some really good money on that song!

Edited by Rye Miles #13621
  • Thanks 1

Super Bowl is Sunday, February 11 a good day for: 

A cowboy action shooting match (weather permitting) :D

Doing some reloading :)

Cleaning your guns :)

Chasing your cowgirl around the house :wub:

• Like 4

Is that an oversized toilet bowl or one of those wonderful drinks they serve in Chinese restaurants that come with 4 straws ?

• Haha 1

Tex Wilson's got a good plan.  They had pretty much lost me when a 60 minute game started taking 3-1/2 hours.  I have other things to do.  They really lost me when they started squatting and craping on our flag and trying to divide us.  There has never been a time in my life that America needed to be brought together as much as it does today.  Sports was supposed to help with that, but the leadership of the NFL is more interested in their own political agenda.  If I can find a match, I'll go shoot, if not I'll go to the range and practice.  I'm not going to help the NFL make money by destroying this country.  The "football" just gets people there to listen to their "message" it's not about the game anymore.  

4 hours ago, Tex Wilson said:

Super Bowl is Sunday, February 11 a good day for: 

A cowboy action shooting match (weather permitting) :D

Doing some reloading :)

Cleaning your guns :)

Chasing your cowgirl around the house :wub:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Chiefs are our hometown team. We’ll watch the game and pass on the halftime show. Those are always dreadful. 

Good luck to you and the Chiefs. I have no dog in the fight, so I'll probably just follow the score on the laptop, while I watch a movie.

• Like 1

ive not watched in years , there was a time here when there was a party - sponsored by local radio station , that my wife and friends wanted to go to - i went for the food and the folks i liked that i often didnt get to see , but thats a good number of years ago - i wont watch even for the adds or the halftime show anymore ...not since brittany spears was the teature and even then i wasnt really watchin , - she was cute then and a new face , otherwise i didnt care at all , 

22 hours ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Stopped watching the NFL in 2017 when all the kneelers took over. Thought this might be the first Super Bowl I would watch since, but then they announced the “black national anthem” would be a featured part of the show. Don’t need another divisive selling point in addition to cr@ppy, unfunny woke commercials and a (usually) uninteresting game to take up a whole day. 
YMMV

Regards

Gateway Kid

GK,

With the SB now ensconced firmly in Feb dates (Black History Month) that black national caterwauling is never going away.

All of you  proclaiming, "I ain't watched NFL since (fill in the blank)!" Have you written to the NFL and all the sponsors to tell them why you aren't using their product?  I'm not talking about the people who, for whatever reason, don't like watching team sports.  

And, for those who don't watch NFL but do watch college football - you do realize that many of the universities you like, maybe even attended, are hotbeds of the anti-Americanism
"
squatting and craping on our flag and trying to divide us"  you object to in the NFL.  At least the NFL can say that it is doing all its DEI (I still get a chuckle of the far left using the genitive singular of Deus as their rallying cry now) and racial equality propaganda for legitimate business reasons - to keep fan base, to prevent riots at events, and to keep federal regulators off their backs.  The universities are doing it for indoctrination and social engineering.  

• Like 3

Actually, yes I have written the NFL directly. Got a nice email form letter thanking me for my interest in professional football and my concerns. The email went on to tell me that pro sports figures were people too and allowed to express themselves as they saw fit and the NFL was merely recognizing their constitutional rights. Same letter to my hometown Broncos and virtually the same (practically word for word) response. I had been a Broncos fan since ‘72 but as we all know fans don’t really count except as a revenue stream. As far as college football goes it has never really been high on my radar so not watching it wasn’t much of a change anyway. 
YMMV

Regards

Gateway Kid

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

All of you  proclaiming, "I ain't watched NFL since (fill in the blank)!" Have you written to the NFL and all the sponsors to tell them why you aren't using their product?  I'm not talking about the people who, for whatever reason, don't like watching team sports.  

And, for those who don't watch NFL but do watch college football - you do realize that many of the universities you like, maybe even attended, are hotbeds of the anti-Americanism
"
squatting and craping on our flag and trying to divide us"  you object to in the NFL.  At least the NFL can say that it is doing all its DEI (I still get a chuckle of the far left using the genitive singular of Deus as their rallying cry now) and racial equality propaganda for legitimate business reasons - to keep fan base, to prevent riots at events, and to keep federal regulators off their backs.  The universities are doing it for indoctrination and social engineering.  

Ya know, when I first read a news story with the use of the initials DEI a few years ago...I thought, 'What in the hell has Dale Earnhardt Incorporated (now defunct) have to do with this story about racism?'

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Ya know, when I first read a news story with the use of the initials DEI a few years ago...I thought, 'What in the hell has Dale Earnhardt Incorporated (now defunct) have to do with this story about racism?'

"DEI"?  I have no idea what that is.  Does anyone care to fill me in?

Angus

4 minutes ago, Black Angus McPherson said:

"DEI"?  I have no idea what that is.  Does anyone care to fill me in?

Angus

Diversity Equity Inclusion