SASS Wire Forum

FBI aware of Colorado shooter and many more for all the good it did.

Raylan

The FBI knew in advance the Pulse Nightclub shooter (Omar Mateen) and were tipped off by the local sheriff.  The FBI knew in advance the San Bernardino Terrorists (Tashfeen Malik). The FBI knew in advance the Boston Marathon Bombers (the Tsarnaev brothers) tipped off by Russians.  The FBI knew in advance the Garland, Texas, shooters (Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi).  The FBI knew in advance of the Parkland High School shooter (Nikolas Cruz). The FBI knew in advance of the Fort Hood shooter (Nidal Hasan); and now the FBI knew in advance of Ahmad al-Aliwi Alissa.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/03/so_the_fbi_knew_all_about_the_colorado_shooter_.html

I have nothing good to say here. Moving on so I don’t ruffle feathers or say something that might make someone get grumpy or offended. 

4 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have nothing good to say here. Moving on so I don’t ruffle feathers or say something that might make someone get grumpy or offended. 

Wouldn't offend or rumple me.

Stating an observation that should be obvious to a "premier" law enforcement agency is merely voicing a fact.

Like a football coach once said years ago (when I still watched football) If you don't want me to run up the score do something about it and get better at what you do.

Sadly

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Okay...

The elephant in the room.

We suspect it may be there, but we avoid looking at it, and pretend it isn't there. Sort of like putting a piece of tape over the "check engine" light on our vehicles. It's there, but we don't want to look at it. 

So...I have zero proof...I am not saying this is true. But...it makes me wonder if someone(s), somewhere, could be involved in these incidents, as a really horrendous way of more control over the population, by, for one thing, disarming us. There...I said it.

I know that human beings can be cruel, and worse, to get their agenda accomplished. The holocaust was/is dramatic proof of that. 

But I have to wonder since many times the authorities seem to be "aware" beforehand of some individuals/groups, and seem to fail to intercede, before things like this happen.

I know...I know....another conspiracy theory....another "grassy knoll".

At my age, I don't really believe in too many coincidences in life. Seems like a lot of things are accomplished, not by coincidence, but by commission, or omission, brought on by thought, and planning.

I have been in the military, and I have seen, first hand, how those in government work. I don't trust them as far as I could throw a bull by the tail...and I would not put anything past those that have an agenda to control us.

Never underestimate those that want to control you. Never say "never"...and never say "that is impossible". When it comes to greed, and power, and control, there are no such things as constraints, or things that are taboo. Nothing is "sacred"...figuratively, or literally. 

As they used to say on the old t.v. series, "The X Files"...."the truth is out there".

We may not know the whole truth of all this, in this life. More's the pity.

The FBI was busy prosecuting dangerous characters like Donald Trump, Mike Flynn and the Domestic Terrorists at MAGA.  They don't have time for every innocent psychotic, islamofascist, Syrian refugee seeking a new life in America.

I've worked with some FBI members. Unremarkable, bumbling idiots. All I got to say.

You know the ... "yeah ... we knew about this" ... coverage is coming after every incident.

It is one of those "wait for it" phenomenas that is never funny because the incidents are so serious.

There are almost always processes in place to deal with any of these things but somehow unknown to those that should use them or intentionally subverted.

All of this "The FBI KNEW ABOUT" (fill in the blank) is STUPID.  Until and individual does something patently ILLEGAL, law enforcement cannot do anything.  I'd like to hear you all scream and yell if the FBI started arresting people just might do something bad.  Or, arresting you just because you happen to have possession of a firearm.

YOU CANNOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS

Get Off Da Lawn

6 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

All of this "The FBI KNEW ABOUT" (fill in the blank) is STUPID.  Until and individual does something patently ILLEGAL, law enforcement cannot do anything.  I'd like to hear you all scream and yell if the FBI started arresting people just might do something bad.  Or, arresting you just because you happen to have possession of a firearm.

That's kind of the whole point - they want to proactively criminalize the ownership of firearms and magazines for everyone in the name of safety because of what they might do, thus violating their basic rights.  Yet they respect the rights of individuals who are suspected of being high risk for acting out and possibly taking the lives of others. Not advocating that the FBI go beyond the limits of the law - but the irony is egregious in the extreme whereas the FBI can't do anything for fear of violating an individual suspects rights but the governments okay advocating for violating everyone's rights. 

A conspiracy nut I knew here in Canada once made this comment: "The Legal Industry needs crime. Without it, a lot of people are out of work."

I used to think he was a bit off the rails.

I just found out that Twitter has stated: "Twitter says calling Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa a 'white Christian terrorist' doesn't violate its misinformation policies...even though he is from Syria, and has been identified as a muslim".

So Twitter seems to be able to put out incorrect information, but doesn't consider what they say as misinformation. They exempt themselves from the policy/rules they require everyone else to use.  

Looks like honesty, and fairness, and consistency, is not their policy either. 

I am glad I am not affiliated with that kind of entity, never have been, and for sure, won't ever be.

For those that trust Twitter, and others, to be accurate, and honest, I have some Gulf of Mexico beachfront property, in Iowa, to sell you.

It was obvious a raciest crime against white folks, but it will never go that way. 

My opinion of the FBI is that they are a big black hole.  Information goes in but never comes out.  Most of their agents don't have as much experience as a rookie detective in a larger agency.  The only thing they would take over and handle is an "armed" bank robbery.  If the person didn't show a gun, the FBI would make the local agency handle it.  I don't recall ever (17 years in CID) getting information from the FBI that resulted in an arrest.  DEA, Secret Service, ATF were usually pretty good to work with.  FBI was a waste of time.

54 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

My opinion of the FBI is that they are a big black hole.  Information goes in but never comes out.  Most of their agents don't have as much experience as a rookie detective in a larger agency.  The only thing they would take over and handle is an "armed" bank robbery.  If the person didn't show a gun, the FBI would make the local agency handle it.  I don't recall ever (17 years in CID) getting information from the FBI that resulted in an arrest.  DEA, Secret Service, ATF were usually pretty good to work with.  FBI was a waste of time.

Aren't most FBI agents either lawyers or accountants? :blink:

So... We have a Muslim refugee from Syria who is branded as a Christian White-Supremacist Racist because he used an AR-15 platform to kill white people less than a month after Biden sent bombers to Syria? Using his stimulus check to purchase the rifle? With a background check? And it came with Colorado compliant magazines?

So no way this could possibly be terrorism...

8 hours ago, Smoken D said:

I've worked with some FBI members. Unremarkable, bumbling idiots. All I got to say.

When I was still in a position to interact with the FBI we said FBI stood for Fumbling bumbling idiots.  My wife's uncle was an FBI agent and didn't take kindly to that.  He didn't speak to me for a decade.  Broke my heart. :rolleyes:

Colorado passed a "Red Flag" law allowing anyone who feels someone is a threat (domestic disputes primarily the objective) to report the individual, and the police can then confiscate the reportee's firearms, at least until a court specifies they aren't a threat.  (Great way for an estranged spouse to screw over their ex!)  Of course this purp's family never tried to invoke the Red Flag...if they even knew he was buying a gun.  Not to worry, however, the Colorado Supreme Court declared the law unconstitutional...because the legislature used a computer to read the bill, or somesuch!  :wacko:

8 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:
14 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

So...I have zero proof...I am not saying this is true

That's where I stopped reading.

C'mon, guys; cut a man some slack.  He's just expressing a concern/issue without presenting it as God's Own Truth.  Isn't that kinda what we do here in The Saloon?

13 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Colorado passed a "Red Flag" law allowing anyone who feels someone is a threat (domestic disputes primarily the objective) to report the individual, and the police can then confiscate the reportee's firearms, at least until a court specifies they aren't a threat.  (Great way for an estranged spouse to screw over their ex!)  Of course this purp's family never tried to invoke the Red Flag...if they even knew he was buying a gun.  Not to worry, however, the Colorado Supreme Court declared the law unconstitutional...because the legislature used a computer to read the bill, or somesuch!  :wacko:

As far as I know, the Red Flag law remains in effect. Despite numerous county sheriffs saying they would not enforce it.

https://gazette.com/news/colorado-judge-dismisses-legislative-challenge-to-red-flag-law/article_ce26946c-e54f-5884-a233-0b2b2c63e13d.html

On 3/24/2021 at 10:39 AM, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Wouldn't offend or rumple me.

Stating an observation that should be obvious to a "premier" law enforcement agency is merely voicing a fact.

Like a football coach once said years ago (when I still watched football) If you don't want me to run up the score do something about it and get better at what you do.

Sadly

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

That quote was from Jimmy Johnson when he was at U of Miami. Something close to "  If you don' t want my kids dancing in your end zone, and celebrating, after scoring, work harder to keep them out of your end zone"

wow , dang near every thought ive had since this happened has just been posted here - my question always is , with all the gun laws we have , in spite of the constitution , just how is another law going to fix the crazies' among us ? 

On 3/24/2021 at 7:56 AM, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Okay...

The elephant in the room.

We suspect it may be there, but we avoid looking at it, and pretend it isn't there. Sort of like putting a piece of tape over the "check engine" light on our vehicles. It's there, but we don't want to look at it. 

So...I have zero proof...I am not saying this is true. But...it makes me wonder if someone(s), somewhere, could be involved in these incidents, as a really horrendous way of more control over the population, by, for one thing, disarming us. There...I said it.   

Not trying to show off my tinfoil hat here, but I've always marveled at the amazing sense of timing these mass shooting incidents have with regards to the threat of gun control legislation. There were virtually NONE last year, when the possibility of getting a gun law past the Senate or Trump's desk was absolutely zero. A lot of us were joking at the beginning of the year that with the Dems in control the mass shootings were about to resume. Sure enough, we've now had two within a week. I know there's nothing to indicate its not just a sad coincidence, but it seems the antis always have a fresh incident to wail and cry about just as they're getting ready to give us gun owners the shaft.

8 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Not trying to show off my tinfoil hat here, but I've always marveled at the amazing sense of timing these mass shooting incidents have with regards to the threat of gun control legislation. There were virtually NONE last year, when the possibility of getting a gun law past the Senate or Trump's desk was absolutely zero. A lot of us were joking at the beginning of the year that with the Dems in control the mass shootings were about to resume. Sure enough, we've now had two within a week. I know there's nothing to indicate its not just a sad coincidence, but it seems the antis always have a fresh incident to wail and cry about just as they're getting ready to give us gun owners the shaft.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_2020

Plenty of shootings, just not the same media coverage of them as when bills are actually up for consideration in Congress.

10 hours ago, watab kid said:

wow , dang near every thought ive had since this happened has just been posted here - my question always is , with all the gun laws we have , in spite of the constitution , just how is another law going to fix the crazies' among us ? 

Because it will lay the groundwork for just a little more restriction when the current infringement under consideration doesn’t work. 

At one time I had great respect for the FBI. Then I grew up...

Kidding aside, when was the last time you saw on the news the FBI’s Most Wanted list or a blurb about “Be on the lookout for (this man)”?

I recall seeing that a lot years ago, but to be fair I no longer watch television news at all. I do listen to the radio and read news on line. 
I recall after 911 there was some talk of what the FBI is doing and praise when they apprehended bad guys but it seems the past 12 or so years all one hears is how the FBI is politically driven news stories about the FBI Director and his minion’s antics in politics.  

FBI stands for Federal Bureau of Investigation, not Federal Bureau of Instigation. 

5 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_2020

Plenty of shootings, just not the same media coverage of them as when bills are actually up for consideration in Congress.

Read their summary where they inform you that in 2020 they are using criteria of 4 or more shot vs fbi criteria of 4 or more killed. 614 shootings with 446 deaths equals .72 deaths per shooting which doesn’t make the grade for a “mass” shooting. Further they don’t break out numbers by locations but I might hazard a guess (looking at the map) that most of their data is cherry picked from a limited number of cities. 
regards

Gateway Kid

1 hour ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Read their summary where they inform you that in 2020 they are using criteria of 4 or more shot vs fbi criteria of 4 or more killed. 614 shootings with 446 deaths equals .72 deaths per shooting which doesn’t make the grade for a “mass” shooting. Further they don’t break out numbers by locations but I might hazard a guess (looking at the map) that most of their data is cherry picked from a limited number of cities. 
regards

Gateway Kid

Exactly. Not trying to take mass shootings lightly, but we've all known for some time that the anti-gun people and leftist news media exaggerate the problem on purpose.

4 hours ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

... in 2020 they are using criteria of 4 or more shot vs fbi criteria of 4 or more killed. 614 shootings with 446 deaths equals .72 deaths per shooting which doesn’t make the grade for a “mass” shooting...

3 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Exactly. Not trying to take mass shootings lightly, but we've all known for some time that the anti-gun people and leftist news media exaggerate the problem on purpose.

While at the same time ignoring the mass of shootings and the rise in cities like Oakland.

But I think the media does not focus on the real mass of shootings.

Archived