SASS Wire Forum

Quandary - which badge to wear?

Matthew Duncan

Quandary - which badge to wear?

20 plus years ago it was Cutter’s Raiders (particularly Midnite Desporado and Thorny Rose) that got the Son and I involved with Cowboy Action shooting.  Been wearing a Cutter’s Raiders badge (number 13) on my gun belt ever since.

Since Cutter’s Raiders was dissolved a few years back, past time for me to update?  Should I replace the Cutter’s Raiders badge with the my current clubs badge, Wolff’s Rowdy Rangers or the SASS Life badge that the mail is delivering Saturday?

And no I will not wear mutable badges.

IMG_0250.thumb.jpg.792bc5a0f11bdc031228e9e0b37903b7.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

Life.thumb.jpg.faa126bfae1490a4343163cad27c6235.jpg

Maybe one on your hat and one in your preferred place?

decisions , decisions , decisions , haight ashburry or viet nam , now its not quite so difficult , we have a lifetime of experience to base them on but it never gets easier to decide what badges to wear , go with what makes you happy any given day , the days are runnin low 

Eliminate the confusion.  Go with the "SASS Life" badge.  Or the Badge that started you on your journey.  Or the club you now shoot with.  There, isn't that simple!!

Wear the one you're most proud of... but don't tell anyone that's why you wear it... some folks are easily offended!

I switch off, wearing the badge for the club I am shooting at. If not a member then just my SASS badge.

Just the plain ole SASS life badge, that you originally were issued. 

That says it all.

Any embellishments beyond that, YOU add....such as: integrity, honor, genuine, friendly, helpful, kind, patient, humble, understanding, selfless, soft spoken...a servant-leader.  

3 hours ago, Irish-Pat said:

How did you get the RO pins to stay on your badge?

From the front of the badge stick the pin though an badge opening.  From the back of the badge slide  the pin retainer dohickey on tight.

55 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

From the front of the badge stick the pin though an badge opening.  From the back of the badge slide  the pin retainer dohickey on tight.

33 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Hahaha!!!

You said "dohickey"!

He probably meant the "thingamabob"!  The other's spelt, doohickey! another whatmacallit entirely!  And no, not the candy! ;)

I would wear the SASS life badge on my left suspender and any other badge I wanted to display on my belt.

1 hour ago, Frontier Lone Rider said:

I would wear the SASS life badge on my left suspender and any other badge I wanted to display on my belt.

I carry on Derringer on my suspender. 

14 minutes ago, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

"Badge's Badge's We don't need no stinkin Badges"

Having actually looked at the rules, we don't as far as I could find.

But we do need SASS membership to have "entry to SASS sanctioned shooting events."

And to post items for sale in the classifieds.

But we don't actually need badges as far as what I could find in the rules... Which is odd, since my Mernickle Starter Rig came with a badge holder, so I would think it is required... But I could not find it in the rules.

So do we need the stinkin' badge? I broke the clasp on mine trying to get it into the badge holder. So I need membership, but do I need the badge?

But for the OP, I do like the first one. The second one looks too modern.

Use the two extras badges as cuff links. OR Have Johnny Rebel make you a couple extra badge holders and you can swap them out between stages.

Man that's one sharp lookin' club badge though! :D

26 minutes ago, Ya Big Tree said:

Use the two extras badges as cuff links. OR Have Johnny Rebel make you a couple extra badge holders and you can swap them out between stages.

Man that's one sharp lookin' club badge though! :D

I could pierce my ears and hang them from my lobes.........NOT!

19 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Maybe one on your hat and one in your preferred place?

Hat has "CSA" badge.  That is NOT going to change.  :)

16 hours ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Actually, it's called a frog.

SASS, RO, Founders  Ranch, TG, local club badges, etc., etc. just get some badge holders from SASS and put them on your belt.  :o

2 hours ago, Charles B. Gatewood SASS #48517 said:

So when do the Anniversary pins start? Or do they start at 20 years?

CBG

SASS started their membership pin program last year or the year before.

5 hours ago, Charles B. Gatewood SASS #48517 said:

So when do the Anniversary pins start? Or do they start at 20 years?

CBG

The membership anniversary pins are sent out as you hit your 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 ....etc years anniversary. They are not retroactive back to past anniversary dates, I asked :)

I presume they will mail you an anniversary pin, when you hit a five year milestone?

If they started the anniversary pin in the last year or so, I may get one on my 25th year, that being in 2023. 

Interesting. 

We shall see...or not. 

The only sure things are death and taxes. 

Archived