SASS Wire Forum

Who is Buying What ?

In anticipation of a potential coronation, who is buying what?

I'm headed out this morning looking for some powders that I don't normally stock, primarily for 5.56, and some primers.

Not hoarding; just preparing for a drought of loaded ammo.

LL

Maybe some extra .22 ammo.

Maybe another .22 pistol, either Buckmark or Ruger Mark IV.

I'm trading my .17 HMR for a .17 Hornet this morning and will probably order up some appropriate powder, bullets and dies for reloading the .17 Hornet.

AND... probably some new sunglasses because the future looks so bright, I might not be able to stand it without some dark colored glasses..... :ph34r:

..........Widder

Few bricks of .22LR

Got plenty of powder, primers, lead and brass to cover a 4 year travesty in the OO.

Second term will cause shortage trouble with my supply. :blink:

I'm paying bills and buying groceries and barely able to do that.

Ever since the current administration moved in, our personal fortunes went downhill, fast.

I'm so poor I can't hardly afford to pay attention, let alone doo-dads and foo-far-raws!

I bought my "supplies" this past summer. I don't like waiting until a crisis is close and competing with the Horders and raising prices,

I stocked up on Trail Boss when it was available this past summer.

Like to keep my Powder-Primer ratio even, so I just got an order of LP Primers, shotshell Primers and Wads from Powder Valley today.

OMG!! THE SKY IS FALLING!! THE SKY IS FALLING!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!

Hahaha... :D

The sky always seems to be falling these days...

I have not seen or heard of "panic" buying as was exhibited for both of the previous presidential elections.

Actually I intend to buy another rifle for CAS but the upcoming depression, for one side or the other, really has no bearing on that.

Debating on a Winchester 92 type toy in .45 Colt or a Marlin 94.

Sadly, on one note, financially recovering from the move out of Illinois to Texas. Won't be spending any $$ on toys for a while.

But glad to be out of IL. Except for auto insurance. TX is double IL.

I just replenished my supply of most things I was starting to run low on. Lead shot in a few sizes, my wads for game loads, SG primers, and SR primers. The only thing I need to procure a bit more of to be comfortable is 45 LC brass. A few hundred 38 special brass wouldn't hurt either, but I have plenty of 357 so that is a bit lower on the want list. Just sent in my bar codes for Hornady's "Get Loaded" program, so soon I should see 550 bullets at my door, depending on how backed up they are. Also another box of my target bullets for 9 mm wouldn't hurt, but that 550 is Hornady's 9 mm XTP so I won't be hurting for a while when it comes to bullets :D Powders I'm mostly set, I do need a to get a couple pounds of Red Dot as that's my go to trap load powder.

It's more of a I need to get out to my shed and start loading. I spent 4 days last week fully processing all my 223 brass. Next time won't take as long since they are all now the same length and sorted by manufacturer. This weekend I plan on getting the same process started on my 9 mm brass. That will take a bit longer since I've got at least twice as much brass. One of my work friends kept getting 9 mm brass in trade from a reloading group on Facebook. He doesn't own one so I got it all for free once he found out I load 9 mm. He must have given me 2000 brass at least.

Like most, I'm just trying to fill a few holes in the supplies.

Cabela's did OK yesterday. I'm just starting to reload .223, and needed small rifle primers - check. FMJs of various calibers running low - check (and some even on sale). Varget powder - check. A few other knick-knacks, but one came up short - .22s. Nothing except a bunch of fancy, foreign stuff at prices I was not prepared to pay for plinking ammo.

Guy behind me in line was buying a ton of loaded ammo, and paying dearly for it; I am so glad that SASS introduced me to reloading.

LL

OMG!! THE SKY IS FALLING!! THE SKY IS FALLING!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!

Actually, I'm not seeing anyone running around like a chicken with their head cut off.....

It's more like Aesop's ants, working quietly and steadily to be prepared for any eventuality. Prudence is not panic.

LL

I started preparing for the election way back in October, 2015 when I brought a AR-15 stripped lower even though I did not own a AR and had no interest in building one. With the Banic just ending I figured I would take advantage of the buyers market figuring I can always flip the lower later.

Then somewhere after that the wheels fell off of the cart. I added a single action revolver for CAS, three semi-auto handguns of various sizes and calibers, a lot of high capacity magazines, gunpowder, ammunition when it was on sale and a few accessories. At the April Gunshow this year I brought a couple more stripped AR lowers for $40.00 each figuring they will never be any lower in price.

As I said I have no interest in owning a AR-15. Then this summer a co-worker convinced me that I should build a AR since I had all of these stripped lowers. So I started buying parts every month and finished the gun last weekend. Since a gun isn't any good without magazines and ammunition I brought a bunch of mags and ammunition also.

Personally I am very glad the election is almost over. If Trump wins I can breath easy knowing it is unlikely any anti-gun laws will be passed. If HRH wins the resulting Hanic will empty the store and Internet shelves so I won't be able to buy anything.

p.s. Despite all of the money I have spent I still need another 8 pounds of rifle powder to reload all of my .223. (Did I forget to mention that I have a 5 gallon bucket of brass and a bunch of bullets)?

sigh..it is a curse.

I'll worry and panic buy IF we lose the House in the election. We keep the House, then I don't expect any new anti-gun laws.

Prudence is not panic.

Exactly.

To not prepare is simply foolish.

Slim:

Much to my surprise, Mrs. LaRue has no problems with me dropping chunks of change on reloading equipment or supplies. She understands the economics, she grasps the fears of limited supplies and potential restrictions, and ever since the door-to-door search for the Boston Marathon bombers, she fully agrees with the need to be armed and trained. And she appreciates the quiet time she enjoys while I'm reloading in the basement,

LL

I'm good for a while. Not panic buying. Just a small bit of aprehension when my bride gets the CC statement.........

My bride knows what I spent before I even get home :(

I bought a 5m box each of small and large pistol primers a couple of months back to replace what we'd used this summer. I stopped in at Grafs retail yesterday and the primer shelves were pretty bare. Their website store shows them out of most popular brands. I picked up another 1000 Winchester shotgun primers that should last me a couple of years.

Well, not that anybody cares, but I am looking to purchase a 8/9 wt Airflo fly line for steelhead fishing.

as far as shooting supplies, I guess I am good to go for a while. I may order some more polycoated bullets

for old slabsides, from my supplier, but that is about it.

ED: First letters in a sentence are to be capitalized, Charlie.

Well, not that anybody cares, but I am looking to purchase a 8/9 wt Airflo fly line for steelhead fishing.

as far as shooting supplies, I guess I am good to go for a while. I may order some more polycoated bullets

for old slabsides, from my supplier, but that is about it.

ED: First letters in a sentence are to be capitalized, Charlie.

We care, BMC...is that Airflo a shooting line? :P:P

LL

I'll be honest, I have been getting, primers, some powders and 22lr stocked in. Not in great quantities, but just a cushion.

I never have had a problem getting black powder, but might consider stocking up.

Believe I am set on lead

Picked this up today. Was not supposed to be here till the end of December, but got the call yesterday that it was in. Rock River Arms LAR-8 Varmint (.308 cal)

[/url]">http://http://s383.photobucket.com/user/dradbrown/media/005_zpshvaowafg.jpg.html'>005_zpshvaowafg.jpg

I just picked up 5000 small pistol primers and 1000 shotgun,I'll order some more lead in a couple of calibers and maybe pick up some powder just to have as it comes available.I also found a couple bulk packs of 525 rds. of Federal .22LR for $22.99 each.

I'm going to add to my list that I posted earlier. I got a gift card from work for my 5 years of service award, along with a small glass plaque. I'm planning on using that money to get started in casting. That's something I've wanted to do for quite a while and I figure this is as good of time as any.

Archived