SASS Wire Forum

I'm drinking tonight

Utah Bob #35998

Without the tv on.....at least for the next hour or so.

Tequila.

Just sayin.

I'd have to be really drunk to watch what you're avoiding!!

I don't follow the news so it was a surprise when most of the channels went to Special News Event.

I made it as far as the cameras turning to the announcement of the arrival of the president.

The immediate clinching of my teeth told me I needed to find a channel that was not showing the Special News Event.

Have a couple of local channels over the air that are not broadcasting the speech.

My teeth lightened up some but I had to leave the tv room.

I feel better now.

I don't drink but this could certainly get me to start.

Bourbon here.

Looking over my Louis L'Amour collection, re-organizing my all Western bookcase tonight and avoiding really bad comedy on TV...

Cheers!

My TV was on for a bit, but with the sound off whilst I surf the net.

No matter the administration, these have all been the same for years. Cameras gaze upon celebrity faces or those the media have anointed as "newsworthy". Amazing how so many people can stand up and applaud in unison every couple of minutes. Nothing substantial is ever said. Pure political theatre.

Mozart in the Jungle. My wife wanted to watch it. I was totally uninterested.

But.....I like it! Go figure.

Before, Ms Mo nukes this thread, I will point out that this is his last SOTUS.

Hopefully.

Edit: I will have that drink: a Cuba Libre - with the traditional toast: Death to Castro!

Without the tv on.....at least for the next hour or so.

Tequila.

Just sayin.

UB ....you've herd from me here and there (know me by now) .....I'm felling the whole"getting drunk thing", all the family I really ever loved is just about gone. I suffer from horrible injury to my body from prev accident at work (broke my back in several spots) I suffer all day every day and I still go out and pursue life and the money to respectable live it in every way possible (I do whats needed to provide to my loved ones and always will)....As I type this I feel love for all you SASS members, you are my extended family and make me feel as if there are no worries and I just need to drink more and end my night with telling you that......GULP! much love parners!

Refused to watch, I like my TV too much. Besides, the sound of his voice or the sight of his face makes me ill.

Know what you mean. Makes me want to give the TV both barrels from a 12 guage, and I don't wanna have to hook up another one, real PITA.

JHC

Ironic, was watching, "The Man in the High Castle" :lol:

ESPN had a couple good college basketball games on. UK won which is always welcome around the GS house (son is a student at UK).

Had some History 2 channel stuff on in the background while reading Monte Walsh and partaking in a small sniff of a single malt Irish beverage.

I finished Sniper 2.

Just dawned on me, after I finished the above book I went to the AMC channel and watched Sniper 2. (No relationship what so ever.)

I had "Night Passage" on the DVR; James Stewart, Audy Murphy and Dan Duryea, filmed on the Durango-Silverton RR. Never seen it before...pretty good, and much better than the alternatives.

My lovely bride was watching "Log Cabin Living" or some such on GAC when I came in out of my reloading room. We just left the TV on GAC until bedtime...

OK y'all...

Hateful 8 or the SOTU address from you-know-who? Which would you rather spend time doing?

:D :D :D

Reluctantly, the former. The latter is unacceptable under any circumstances!! :angry:

Had to go into town today. Replenished my supply of Pendleton Midnight. Musta evaporated. ;)

Archived