SASS Wire Forum

FAVORITE MOVIE LINES

Caliope Cupcake #13981

Had a the day off and decided to watch OPEN RANGE since there was nothing else on--one of the best westerns on my shelf:

Boss [Duvall] tells the three murderin' cowpokes at the campfire to take off their britches, and

"belly down, FLAT OUT! g'yur PECKERS IN THE DIRT!" :lol:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite scene is when Charley confronts Butler in the street.

Charley: You the one killed our friend?
Butler: That's right. I shot the boy, too. And I enjoyed it.
[Charley pulls out his gun and shoots Butler]
Right between the eyes.

"Ever'body gets dead---today was his day" Duke

"Ever'body gets dead---today was his day" Duke

Caliope,

If we're sticking to Hondo quotes:

"Everybody gets dead. It was his turn" - Hondo Lane

"Well he shoulda armed himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend" Unforgiven

"Say When", Tombstone

"Why Johnny Ringo you looked like someone just walked over yor grave" Tombstone

"If yer gut tells ya to load six then load six" The Shootist

I could probably fill pages with favorite movie lines and quotes. So many come to mind, it is hard to know where to begin.

However, keeping with the tenor of some of the early quotes, I'm reminded of the movie "Death Hunt," where after the posse shoots up the cabin Charles Bronson is in, one of the members goes charging up to get his scalp. When he knocks open the door, He sees Bronson with two shotguns pointed at him. Bronson says "Welcome." Before blasting him back out.

"When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around very long"

"I notice when you get to dislikin' someone, they ain't around very long neither"

The one I like to use occasionally, gets the eye roll from my wife is, "Half the people in the world are women. Why does it have to be you that stirs me?". Followed by pulling her close and kissing her, as she tries not to laugh. While I'm trying to imitate the Duke, of course. Smoking Gator

If you like classic movie lines - you should come visit us in Boulder City Nevada the first weekend in May for "The Best Shoot by a Dam Site".

Our theme this year is the greatest movie lines of ALL TIME... That didn't come from a western.

Lines from movies like Dirty Harry - The Terminator - Cool Hand Luke - The Wizard of Oz - Casablanca.

Sometimes the best lines aint from westerns - but they sure feel cowboy.

http://eldoradocowboys.com/

Not my favorite, but in these times I'm often reminded of a line George Hamilton spoke to Glenn Ford in a rather unremarkable cavalry film, "A Time for Killing".

"Major, this war will Never be over."

"That's the greatest shot I've ever seen!"

"The worst...I was aiming at the horse."

(Britt to Chico in The Magnificent Seven)

...keeping it as my signature line.

Bringing you along is like losing two good men.

Clevon Little in blazing Saddles.

Pa'don me whilst I whip this out!

Movie, Jeremiah Johnson.

Scene, Robert Redford and Will Geer bed down in snow for the night. In the middle of the night Robert Redford comes up beating the fire out of his pants. Will Geer say, "Yeha, Didn't put enough dirt down. Saw it right off.".

In "Big Jake" the scene in the train station where Maureen O'Hara shows John Wayne the "million dollars" in the trunk. When he looks up and asks if this is how she wants to handle it, she explains about what the kidnappers had done and how dangerous they were and says:

"I don't think we have any choice but to give them what they've asked for." he Duke replies "I agree."

Some of the best lines for setting the stage for later events ever.

Archived