SASS Wire Forum

what is your favorite gun?

evil dogooder

Everybody has that one gun that just feels best to them. It may not be your fastest, most accurate, or the one everybody drools over. It's the one that just fits you.

So what is it?

Mine would have to be my left hand nmv. It just fits my hand right. I bought a pair of elk grips this summer and it went from being ok to just an extension of my hand. My right hand nmv is close but not quite there.

A close second would be my '94. Made in 1902 26" oct barrel.

(sorry long night of car shopping, need some sanity)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 1911A1, preferably Colt Series 70. (Sorry, but you asked.) Hits just by pointing for me, know the controls intuitively, can completely disassemble and reassemble without referring to manuals.

Second - the '73 rifle. Hits just by pointing, too. Simple enough to troubleshoot that a few spare parts keeps a gun running.

Guess that's why I like shooting Wild Bunch, as well as Cowboy.

Good luck, GJ

You need some sanity so you came here?????? :wacko::wacko::wacko: Critter, you seriously need professional help.....

I'd have to say my Lightnings, don't really have a preference of one over the other, but they fit my hands better than my Model P Jrs.

What ever gun or guns I have in my hands.

My favorite would have to be my Walker (only because I don't own a Paterson). Second place would be a 4 way tie between my 1860s and my Remingtons. (Yes, I do have guns that use suppositories but I'm partial to cap & ball.)

Tough question.

Probably the Colt Diamondback .22 that my wife gave me for my 50th birthday, although the Ruger #1 in .270 Winchester that I will be taking into a tree stand tomorrow before daybreak is a close second.

Lunger, you have good taste!! :D

Browning Meadalist 22. Got it free as a young lad from Metz beer, collecting Metz beer can prize tabs, bottle tabs, six pack tabs and case tabs at dad's business for two years. Later got third place in US Olympic trials shooting it.

Right now I guess it would be my Ruger 1911.

But that could be because I have only had it a few weeks.

But I do love to shoot that 1911 style .22 also. This thing is a pure tack driver.

And I also love my 73 rifle.

Heck. I don't know. I love them all.

My most beloved is an old Colt 1911A1. It was with me when I was working as a contractor in Africa, Eastern Europe, and southeast Asia. Always did what it was supposed to do. But my real Favorite has to be my Custom Meacham 1885 Hiwall Silhouette rifle in 45-70.

It's a tough question indeed.

I have to split it up three ways. First, all my cowboy guns, especially my Schofields are at the top. Second for a modern varmint rifle my Cooper in .22 K Hornet is my favorite. Third, a Marlin 39A Mountie that my dad bought for me at the old Weatherby's gun store in South Gate, California in 1961 will always be up there.

Betcha can't pick just one favorite.

My 1916 Colt 1911, and my S&W 4" 66 are a close tie, depending on what day it is.

Wow, that be a toughy.... but I think it would have to be my Thompson Center Renegade. Got it for Christmas in 1984. 16 years old. Shot a lot of deer with that gun. My favorite was when I was lookin over my boys shoulder when he shot his first deer with it. I gave him the option of a brand new one or that one. Dang it all, had to buy ME a new gun.....

Wow, that be a toughy.... but I think it would have to be my Thompson Center Renegade. Got it for Christmas in 1984. 16 years old. Shot a lot of deer with that gun. My favorite was when I was lookin over my boys shoulder when he shot his first deer with it. I gave him the option of a brand new one or that one. Dang it all, had to buy ME a new gun.....

You both made the perfect choice.

You by offering, your son by accepting the offer.

BRAVO to both of you.

My favorite gun is the German drilling my Grampa left me.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

For sure my BL 22 grade ll It was the first rifle I ever bought. (I was 12) that was a long time ago. and many guns have been bought from that

point but it has special memories. Could not guess how many cases of shell have been shot.

Thank you. But I sure was disapointed when I tried to buy another. No longer made..... Got a Lyman Great Plains. Nice rifle but sure not a Thompson.

Mine was a gift as well, a T.C. Hawken 50 caliber. My son borrowed the money to buy it for me for Christmas many years ago.

Ah, a Renegade with shine! Mine was the most accurate rifle I owned until my Ruger M77 MkII in .270. Played hell on ground squirrels!

Howdy Evil.

My favorite is my CZ hammered double shotgun named "Company". I got the name from a western I was reading. The good guy sneaks up on the bad guy and pulls back both hammers. The bad guys says "who's out there". The good guy says "James Coots and company and right now Company is pointed at your head".

The gun has always felt good to me. I had Drifter engrave the stock.

100_0546.jpg

Mine would have to be the Remington Rand 1911A-1, that started it all many years ago.

Still shoots better than it should !

The '73 I picked up a while back, "Old Rusty", is a good one too

Mine would have to be the Remington Rand 1911A-1, that started it all many years ago.

Still shoots better than it should !

The '73 I picked up a while back, "Old Rusty", is a good one too

Festus

My Grand Dads Remington Rand 1911A1 45acp. :)

Ithaca 200E 20 ga choked IC and Modified. Taken everything legal in the state of Missouri except a deer and a goose of any sort.

Archived