SASS Wire Forum

Greeenriver has passed on.

Greeenriver lost his battle with cancer this morning. please prayer for his wife Joanne and family. I will update with Memorial service info later. We lost a good one. He always was very encouraging to me and many others. He will be missed dearly. Larry had "old school" values and lived by a code of ethics that I admired very much,don't think I ever saw him not have fun on or off the range. We need more men like him around. I consider myself very fourtunate to have known him.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so sorry to hear this.

His posts about dealing with his treatments helped me so much when my girlfriend was going through cancer treatment. I had hoped he would be one of the lucky ones, like her.

(edited to fix some errors from not being able to see the screen so good)

Although I never met the man, from reading his posts he was a true class act.

I only hope that if I’m ever in that situation I can have as much class and dignity as he did, he will be missed

Prayers up from Texas for his family and all of his friends.never met him ,my loss.

Very, very sad news, My heart goes out to his family. He was a fine man.

I am extremely saddened to hear this news. He was one of the coolest pards around. He is the person I first met in Michigan that was in the SASS family. An inspirational man of character indeed. Prayers go out to his family and may the good Lord rest his soul.

GG

Although I never met Greeenriver, I thought of him as a pard and regarded him in the highest esteem. I enjoyed reading his thoughts that he posted here on the wire and saloon. He will be missed by myself and many others. This is indeed a very sad day.

Rest in Peace Greeenriver

Cypress Sun

prayers & condolences out to his friends & family from Dakota Skipper & Prairie Dawg

I got to meet and shoot with Greeenriver (3 EEE's) many times when he came down to Monmouth at the Shady Creek Shootist events..

Always in a good humor and always made jokes.. Never had a bad word to say about folks...

He will be missed..

Prayers up to Joanne and his family.. he's in Gods hands now and I know he'll be taken good care of...

Rance <_< N' Lacey

Sad news. He was a good man...always had a good attitude. Only got to shoot with him a few times but enjoyed the time.

His family is in our prayers...

KK

Like a lot of us wire pards, it is another case of I wanted to meet and shoot with the man. We will all miss him. I will say prayers for his family that they have strength in adjusting to his loss. He is at the Lords side

Sad news indeed. The fight with Cancer is a tough battle which must be fought. My prayers, thoughts and hope are with everyone that must face such a trying time. God Bless all of you.

Snakebite

With tears in my eyes I'm sending my Prayers and Condolences for Joanne and Family..When I first started FCD he's was there ,always had words of incuragement He told me ta laugh at my mistakes and learn from them..When I did a make-up on a shotgun he'd always say "Give 'um both barrles".. He always brought the fun with Him to the shoots..He will be Missed..

Good By old Pard

One of the best people I have ever met in SASS. I am honored to have spent time at Fandango & St Jude getting to know with him. He made us all smile and laugh.

Right now I'm leaving for our Iowa State shoot and will do so with a heavy heart. I will shoot in memory of him.

Prayers up to Joanne and his family.

Greeenriver & Chili Pepper Kid

Chili Pepper Kid

Gotta add my condolences to Joanne and his family. Greeenriver was a one of a kind. What you saw was what you got. Great memories will remain.

CR

Archived