SASS Wire Forum

Greeenriver has passed on.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greeenriver was another of those "friends I've never met face to face". I've had the pleasure of writing stories with him on the Wire and elsewhere, and of corresponding with him when I started moving over to the smoky side of SASS. He was a gentleman through and through and he will be sorely missed by all who knew him by whatever means...

My prayers go up for Miss JoAnne and all his family and friends...

Our prayers go out to his family and friends. A great pard! Our hearts now have a hole caused by absence.

Reeest in Peeeace, 3 Es!

GJ and Amber Ale

For those that never had the chance to meet EEE in person, you have missed much. He was a great friend to many and can never be replaced. What you saw was what you got. There was no hidden agenda to this Man among Men.

Prayers, Up!

I responded to the news in the Saloon as well. But I just heard that James Arness also passed away today. I figger them angels are gonna be a bit nervous when they see Greeenriver and Marshal Dillon come through the gates...

Adios old friend!

Cassidy

Never met him...my loss.

Seemed like a good person...

My thoughts are with his family.

:FlagAm:

+1

I never had the pleasure to meet Greenriver, but could tell by his posts on the wire that he is a fine man and incredible person.

Strange that I never met him, but know of his battle with Cancer and the news of his passing brings tears to my eyes.

God Bless Greenriver and peace be with his family

Sad to hear this although I never met Greenriver. I remember reading his posts when he first learned of his illness. I was deeply moved by his courage and also by the outpouring of support and concern by the members of this board. In the movie Broken Trail, Robert Duvall said to his nephew (played by Thomas Hayden Church) "Never use money to measure wealth, son." I think this man was weathly with friends and loved ones...may he rest in peace.

Some where in Kansas Joanne reached us this morning to let us know about Greeenriver's passing. I almost had to pull over for awhile. Heee is one of the few real friends I will ever admit to. Heee would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it, and a great partner to ride the river with.

He will be sorely missed.

Our thoughts and prayers will be with Joanne and his family.

Footloose & FancyFree

I'm awful sorry to hear that.

Sad news. My thoughts and prayers to the family.

Irish Tom.

....only had the pleasure of shooting with Greenriver a couple times, but remember his positive dedication to CAS.

My heart goes out to his family and friends....may he rest in peace

hOOt

I am so sorry to hear of this. I had only met him once at St Judes last year and we chatted a couple times privately online some time ago when he found out he had cancer.

My condolences to his wife Joanne and to the family and friends who meant so much to him.

Greeenriver was kind enough to share some of his stories (which I hold to be true ^_^ ) with me a few times at St. Jude's. He was as y'all say, nothing hidden and straight forward. He was a kind man and I will always remember the day he told me some of his tales and then shook hands with Mama Taft in such a gentlemanly way. His family stories and her family stories are not all that different. :lol:

I'm saddened to see him go. He offered once to pour me a shot of Crown and drink with him.......I didn't as I was working at that shoot.......I wish I had now. :(

Greeenriver, Rest in Peace Pard.

~EE Taft~

Great guy...Gods blessing and comfort to his family in this time of bereavement. :FlagAm:

Larry was a great friend and our relationship was very special to me.He was a unique individual that I had great respect for.

I will miss him sorely.

RIP, Ol Pard...

Jody Lucas (Greeenriver's daughter) posted this on Facebook today in honor of her Daddy.

Her mother and her have been reading these posts and said to tell you thanks for all the love shown.............

Sad news indeed! I never met the man face to face, but he went out of his way a couple years back to send me a magazine article on a subject I asked about on the wire, since then we had a number of conversations both on and off the wire and I feel like we were friends indeed. My sincere condolences to his family and close friends, we're all going to miss him. Man I hate the "C" word! Go with God Cowboy, you set a fine example here.

Archived