Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Facebook Jail for “shoot em up” comment


Recommended Posts

So some friends posted a pic of themselves at the GA State Championship and I commented “Shoot em up” I got 3 days in Facebook jail for violent comment. Apparently they don’t know it’s a shooting competition. Ughhh.

  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 11
Link to post
Share on other sites

I regularly wind up there

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

So some friends posted a pic of themselves at the GA State Championship and I commented “Shoot em up” I got 3 days in Facebook jail for violent comment. Apparently they don’t know it’s a shooting competition. Ughhh.

Exactly why I have no more FB

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been in FB jail umpteen times for violating "community standards". They don't have a sense of humerus. BLM, ANTIFA and the Squad can say anything they want but normal people are held to a higher standard. Oh well, I get some good laughs, memes, cartoons and pictures there. 

 

PF

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

never did facebook 

I used to drive by FB headquarter and see tour buses of people  having their pics taken giving the huge thumbs up sign a Thumbs up 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I got put in jail a couple times, a couple other times I protested and they lifted my suspension!

I like Facebook for keeping in touch with relatives and friends. There’s also all kinds of shooting groups and other interesting groups to join, it’s not all bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Timely post, sir.  I had opened up FB when I got home from work and found a notice of one photo I had posted being covered.  Here is my response on my FB page:
 

 
Quote

 

I had posted a photo in April of 2018. TODAY, 14 May, 2021, I got this notice from FB:
Quote

 

"We covered your post because it may show graphic content
This post doesn't go against our Community Standards, but it may be sensitive to some people."

 

 

THREE YEARS! Three, long, effin' YEARS!!! And now they cover it even though it doesn't violate their standards. If it doesn't violate their standards they have no business covering it.
What was this horrendous photo, you ask?
Col. Anthony Joseph Drexel Biddle, hand-to-hand combat expert, 1943. Known for ordering trainee Marines to attempt to kill him with bayonets, and disarming them all. [640x470]
I have never seen any outfit so afraid of history as the FB administrators.

 

 
May be an image of 3 people
 
 
 
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don’t you tell FACEBOOK that the number of people that find your picture acceptable far outweigh those that find it unacceptable?

 

Another thing you can do is just start randomly checking others’ photographs and tell FACEBOOK that you take offense to them.  Ask Facebook to please remove those or cover them.(It doesn’t matter what these photos actually are of.)  Personally?  I don’t use Facebook.

 

Cat Brules

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Timely post, sir.  I had opened up FB when I got home from work and found a notice of one photo I had posted being covered.  Here is my response on my FB page:
 

 
 
May be an image of 3 people
 
 
 

You've gotta remember, Joe, that their 'moderators' are probably 4 or 5 generations removed from anybody that was taught history in general and American history in particular.

 

Besides, when has historical context been considered relevant to those with certain beliefs?  It's less confusing to their low information supporters if they just attempt to view everything they find offensive that happened in the past through the lens of their current beliefs.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

OP,
Facebook jail is cumulative.

My next infraction would have been months, or maybe a permanent ban.
When FB censored Trump, that was it for me.

I closed both my business and personal FB accounts and walked away.
I just don't need that kind of aggravation.

[ edit ]

Always challenge the jail sentence.
Always.

It is handed out by AI nannies, not real humans.
I have had jail sentences reversed by challenging them.
Make 'em work for the conviction.. don't just accept the mindless nanny.

Edited by bgavin
added edit
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, bgavin said:

OP,
Facebook jail is cumulative.

My next infraction would have been months, or maybe a permanent ban.
When FB censored Trump, that was it for me.

I closed both my business and personal FB accounts and walked away.
I just don't need that kind of aggravation.

[ edit ]

Always challenge the jail sentence.
Always.

It is handed out by AI nannies, not real humans.
I have had jail sentences reversed by challenging them.
Make 'em work for the conviction.. don't just accept the mindless nanny.

I did challenge it, there was no comment section where I could say that it was a shooting competition. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, there is no place to enter a comment.
The best you can hope for, is a human reads your comment in the context it was posted, and reverses the jail sentence.


I've had a few reversed, but mostly the sentence sticks.
My response is hoisting the middle finger to Facebook, and taking my business account elsewhere.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

I did challenge it, there was no comment section where I could say that it was a shooting competition. 

 

I’m just going to call you “The Outlaw John Barleycorn” purveyor of bad things and a FB inmate.  

 

image.jpeg.5d59805674c8ff0096ea6d5a78c384de.jpegimage.jpeg.a8219d8852e2d0b0f8e29f814d81709b.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Redleg Reilly, SASS #46372 said:

One of several reasons.

+1

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am betting today Nancy Reagan would say, "Just say no to Facebook."

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It works well for keeping in touch with friends and family. I'm convinced that any comments made that fall into certain categories are monitored and kept on record. So far just about every person charged with events at the capital have had their comments used to help track them down and convict them.

Edited by Snakebite
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

> snip <

So far just about every person charged with events at the capital have had their comments used to help track them down and convict them.

> snip <

Which capitol rioters have been convicted?? Must have missed that somewhere??!?!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

NOWHERE in the Constitution does it say that you have the right to not be offended!!

 

If you don’t want to be offended, stop being STUPID or stay home and lock your door!! Don’t watch TV, read anything, or communicate with anyone!!

 

Whatever happened to “I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it!” ???

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Patagonia Pete said:

Which capitol rioters have been convicted?? Must have missed that somewhere??!?!

 

You are correct... no convictions yet... just charges and arrest (almost 500). My point was/is that anything you say on social media that falls within certain areas, is, IN MY OPINION, used to put you on a "Watch List". Many of those arrested were tracked down because of their Social media post.

Edited by Snakebite
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

You are correct... no convictions yet... just charges. My point was/is that anything you say on social media that falls within certain areas, is, IN MY OPINION, used to put you on a "Watch List". 


I think I’ll create my own “Watch List”!!  A list of those “offended” people who can “WATCH” the mistletoe dangling from my shirttail!!  :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

Why don’t you tell FACEBOOK that the number of people that find your picture acceptable far outweigh those that find it unacceptable?

 

As usual there is no way to comment on the decision.  Not even the "I accept the decision"  "I think the decision is wrong" "I don't think it went against community standards" or "I think the community standards are wrong" check boxes.

 

14 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

Another thing you can do is just start randomly checking others’ photographs and tell FACEBOOK that you take offense to them.  Ask Facebook to please remove those or cover them.(It doesn’t matter what these photos actually are of.)  Personally?  I don’t use Facebook.

 

I've done that once or twice when someone I didn't know started in on me for something I had posted on my timeline.  Also reported them for harassment and death threats.  Of course, FB said that the death threats "do not violate community standards."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Those of you who know Velvet Glove, know she likes peacocks and has made many peacock-inspired costumes.

 

Well, I saw the following peacock and posted it on her timeline and wrote that it made me think of her.

 

FB police had to cover it with a warning. Seriously, that belongs in the "get a life category!"

 

 

 

 

 

Pink Peacock.JPG

Pink Peacock FB Warning.JPG

  • Sad 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Allie Mo.... that is just insane. I guess it just went right over my head. Mark Suckerburg is just a nut case. 

 

Snakebite

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

PS Did I post any "false information?" I think not.

I suspect most of these things are done by FB bots rather than breathing humans. You wouldn’t think anyone could be that stupid. 
But you might be wrong.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Automated keyword search.
Every post is filtered through a list of words and phrases.

Memes and graphics avoid the automated nannies.
If you get slammed for one of these, it is because a live user has registered a complaint.

[ edit ]

I have a nice graphic that I did in Photoshop that merged that photo of Hillary tripping up the stairs and being helped.
I morphed it into a tasty image of a gallows, and called it "Change of Plans".
That got somebodies knickers in a knot, and it cost me 2 weeks in FB jail.

Edited by bgavin
added more info
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Whatever happened to “I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it!” ???

 

 

  ................ maybe someone got offended and complained ......   :huh:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.