SASS Wire Forum

Vladimir Putin signs a decree honoring US actor – and Russian citizen – Steven Seagal

Buckshot Bear

That's what getting hit in the head for 40+ years will do to you.

I'm with you there, used to watch his stuff, never again.  Won't make a spits worth of difference but it will matter to me.  Man is a traitor to his country.

2 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

He had a brain?

Apparently. Even with all his blunders he still has a net worth of $20 million today. 

He 'thinks' he's a diplomat.

I really liked him in a couple of movies (U.S.S Enterprise can't remember the name of the movie) but after Googling him a bit today.....he's lost his marbles (or maybe the only marble he had).

https://www.outlookindia.com/art-entertainment/steven-seagal-calls-himself-diplomat-after-visiting-russian-jail-news-216232

PFFFFFT!!!

At least Segal didn't label half the US as deplorables... and that from a real US diplomat.

:blink:

On 2/27/2023 at 3:46 PM, Trailrider #896 said:

Be interesting to see what would happen if he tried that on some Russian women! :rolleyes:

He tried it with Judo Gene Lebelle & that didn’t work out so well for him!,,

Never had any use for him. Never have seen any of his movies. I decided not to after he chose to insult a journalist who wrote an article about him when he started to become famous. Seagal threw out the insults questioning his manhood and everything else on the Arsenio Hall show. After, it turned out that while Seagal was "finding himself" in Japan or wherever, the author was in Vietnam as a Captain leading a rifle company and earning a Bronze Star. That made up my mind real fast about him.

On 2/27/2023 at 1:38 PM, Sedalia Dave said:

Has been actor.

After reading that article I'll never watch anything of his again.

He's has always been a has-been actor. I meet him and Kelly lebrock back in the early 90s when they were still married. Kelly is not as beautiful without her makeup but still beautiful and a very nice person. Ol numnuts was very arrogant  and had an I am better then you attitude, so I pass on every one of his movies

On 2/27/2023 at 6:50 PM, Buckshot Bear said:

He's a big fella

r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg.c5fb0d7aa4b92046902d0b01a2350128.jpg

Putin is 5’ 7”

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bear said:

That answers some questions, so was Napolean. 

So am I. And I never invaded anybody.

Well, Cambodia. But that wasn’t my idea.  :D

this is kinda old news short of them using it as propaganda that has absolutely no influence in my thinking on russia , much like hanoi jane - i think both should be excommunicated from  the country [a little catholic upbringing humor there ] ill never look at either of their films the same - no ill never watch their films again , ,traitors in my book , along with the those that ingratiate themselves to any of our other enemies as well  , 

i thought jane would always hold her place solo - i guess not - but she is still top of my list 

The word hypocrite ultimately came into English from the Greek word hypokrites, which means “an actor” or “a stage player.” 

It took a surprisingly long time for hypocrite to gain its more general meaning that we use today: “a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings.” Our first citations for this use are from the early 1700s, nearly 500 years after hypocrite first stepped onto English’s stage.

Enough said.

I really enjoyed his earlier movies. Now any of his action scenes are filmed in a way that it could be anyone with occasional closeups of Seagal.

If you want to see some funny action sequences check out the Queen Latifah scenes in the Equalizer tv show. They are hilarious.

Actually, the running style is very consistent,  watch any of the better Samurai movies, Kurosawa in particular.  Segal is a genuine advanced martial artist who trained in Japan for quite a long time and that would have taught him some habits.  His current associations, citizenship and opinions do him no credit.

Archived