SASS Wire Forum

Banned again

Utah Bob #35998

On Facebook. For 24 hours. I mentioned something violent. On a Vietnam Veterans page. Huh? :lol: :blink:

My possible FarceBook account would be closed permanently after my first post!!

I thought the Vlad Putin target I posted would have done it. Like  SDJ says, their community standards are confusing and nebulous at best and slippery as a vaselined catfish.

2 minutes ago, Slapshot said:

Don't use them. Thats a better solution. 

I keep in touch with family and friends. I won’t cut off my nose to spite my face.

Do they ban discussions of violence? I.e., one's war experiences, etc.? (I have no idea since I've never been on FB.) Or is it other things. A target of Putin or some other figure might do it, I suppose.

I know my outdoor pistol and rifle range, as an example, has long outlawed targets of persons, living or dead. I believe the idea probably is to avoid discord where discord serves no possible good purpose.

What are some examples of what FB bans? Usually here one hears complaints about being banned there, but no specifics about what the person was banned for.

38 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I keep in touch with family and friends. I won’t cut off my nose to spite my face.

Yes I get that. My family and I use snapchat. I try not to use Fakebook and empower a far left organization that thrives on censorship of all those not on the left. So I don't see it as cutting of the nose in spite of the face. I see it as not supporting a far left organization of corruption. But that was my choice, everyone has to make their own decisions.

9 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Do they ban discussions of violence? I.e., one's war experiences, etc.? (I have no idea since I've never been on FB.) Or is it other things. A target of Putin or some other figure might do it, I suppose.

I know my outdoor pistol and rifle range, as an example, has long outlawed targets of persons, living or dead. I believe the idea probably is to avoid discord where discord serves no possible good purpose.

What are some examples of what FB bans? Usually here one hears complaints about being banned there, but no specifics about what the person was banned for.

Example:: A friend posted he had bats in his garage. People were telling him how to get rid of them. I suggested a BB gun. I said in jest “Do you want to borrow my Red Ryder lol

I got a 24 hour ban for that!

I’ve been banned 4 Times already and also have been re-instated twice with an apology after I disagreed with their ban. 

9 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

I posted a picture of Kyle Rittenhouse with his AR slung over his shoulder shortly before he used it in self defense and was permanently banned because the picture that I posted was a gross violation of FB community standards. Kyle was an innocent man.

1 minute ago, Yul Lose said:

I posted a picture of Kyle Rittenhouse with his AR slung over his shoulder shortly before he used it in self defense and was permanently banned because the picture that I posted was a gross violation of FB community standards. Kyle was an innocent man.

I got banned for 48 hours because I commented (no picture) about Kyle Rittinhouse being a hero!

7 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Same thing happened to me over Rittenhouse. I keep signing up for new accounts just so I can share things I know they don’t like . I try to keep their “fact checkers” employed 

I'm no expert on this but I've been told FB goes by certain words that cause them fits. Sometimes when you protest and don't agree they actually apologize and let you back. Like I said before it's happened to me twice! Blew my mind that they actually apologized!:lol:

13 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I'm no expert on this but I've been told FB goes by certain words that cause them fits. Sometimes when you protest and don't agree they actually apologize and let you back. Like I said before it's happened to me twice! Blew my mind that they actually apologized!:lol:

I had them do the same thing initially with more than 1 account, but once you get a certain amount of black marks , your guilty no matter what. I’ve also noticed the more violations you get the further back they will look . I was getting smacked for things I posted years ago. 

36 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Snip-it_1647869264262.thumb.jpg.168adea015c4c81130dee4e1edcf6cc3.jpg

I have a Daughter and Son-in-law who had to have me placed on their security clearance.  For their sake (and their future) I'm now neutered on what I post on Al Bore's Internet.

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Yeah, that happened once to me also

And they are someone who accesses your Facebook page; supposedly a "Friend"

1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Free speech, hah.

There is no free speech on Facebook. Its a private club, you agree to be the product in exchange for access to their infrastructure. 

Rule of thumb: if you get access to something that cost a bunch of money for free YOU or your info IS the PRODUCT.

They run experiments on you. They filter your ads to drive your money where they want. They bend your newsreel to get you to believe what they want.

Funny thing is this has all been proven and folks just go 'what are you gonna do? Where else am I going to stay in touch with family?' 

3 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

I got a 30 day ban for a similar picture/meme. Kyle kneeling in the street with his AR and the words "Self defense is a personal responsibility" at the bottom.

Ironic thing is it was a repost of a friends meme who did NOT get a ban.

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Facebook is  an organization managed by easily offended, small minded, out of touch, inherently scared, stay in the middle of the mainstream current, snowflakes. If you're willing to accept that, at least have fun at it........

I left FB shortly after getting married, so 4 years now. I haven't missed it a bit. Instagram was fun for a while but I abandoned that early last year.

Gab and Telegram are much more useful for me at this point. I'd still like to find a non-Zuckerberg owned alternative for Instagram, though,

Archived