Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Your Bedtime Gun


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Want to induce a cardiac event?  Put a recording of another gun being racked at the other end of the house and have a remote control for it.  Rake one wait about two seconds then push the button.

4TRod,

 

  I see you go for "all out" psych warfare. It's evil. And, I like it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

4TRod,

 

  I see you go for "all out" psych warfare. It's evil. And, I like it

So it's evil.  I never pretended to be any kind of saint.   Don't want to be one, either.  too much pressure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Even though I carried a Glock on duty for 17 years, I never wanted a gun with a light trigger Glock or 1911 for night. I wanted something with a longer trigger pull for when I would be woke up in the middle of the night.

 

Same here. My house gun is a S&W SD9VE in 9mm. It has a long 8# trigger that won't likely go off unless you mean it to. And once the party starts there are 17 rounds on tap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

easiest way to be clear on wether or not one is in the chamber is to follow Jeff Coopers simplest rule

 

all guns are always loaded

 

PS here’s the Steyr 

 

 

E17387AB-6AF7-41D6-849B-3CBD3FD95CA0.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Want to induce a cardiac event?  Put a recording of another gun being racked at the other end of the house and have a remote control for it.  Rake one wait about two seconds then push the button.

40, you have a brilliantly most diabolical mind!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

our doorbell is the sound of a lever gun cycling

 

(keeps the dogs from barking)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Springfield Armory Marine Corps Operator with a TLR-1 weapon light.  A self built Anderson 5.56 AR-15 pistol with a Vortex Strike Fire and a Inforce gen 2 weapon light, with a 9.5" barrel and a 30 round mag of 62 grain JSP ammo.  In the corner is a Benelli Nova tactical 12 gauge with 8 00 Buck.  

mcop.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Remington 1911 with 2 spare magazines all attached to the bed rail.  Mossberg Shockwave 12 ga loaded with buckshot in the dresser drawer, AR with mags attached together for a quick mag change in the closet.  I might be paranoid, I have been awoken by the icemaker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/18/2021 at 9:35 PM, Buckshot Bob said:

Avtomat Kalashnikova

with a surfire light and a aimpoint 

You have a girly gun?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For all of you that keep an expensive firearm that is your pride and joy beside the bed remember that the chances are much great that the booger will break in when you’re not home. That beautiful gun will then be his. A good old well used DA revolver will do the trick and if stolen won’t break your heart 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

For all of you that keep an expensive firearm that is your pride and joy beside the bed remember that the chances are much great that the booger will break in when you’re not home. That beautiful gun will then be his. A good old well used DA revolver will do the trick and if stolen won’t break your heart 


Good advice.  My bedside gun is secured when I’m not home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

For all of you that keep an expensive firearm that is your pride and joy beside the bed remember that the chances are much great that the booger will break in when you’re not home. That beautiful gun will then be his. A good old well used DA revolver will do the trick and if stolen won’t break your heart 

 

Actually, if someone broke into my house while I’m out, they’d find a locked safe!!  The bedside gun would be on my hip where it belongs when I am awake!!

 

That is, of course, if I owned any firearms!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I’d consider it a commie gun , but I suppose some girls shoot it 

Mikhail, the ex-tanker that designed the AK, was named Kalashnikov.

 

If he had a sister, or a daughter, her name would be Kalashnikova.

 

Russian male and female names have distinct endings. Since you said your gun was an Avtomat Kalashnikova, it's the female version of a Kalashnikov.

 

:P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I'm old school.  A 1950's Colt Cobra Airweight.

 

 

DSC_0003.jpeg

 

You may be 'old school', but I'd bet a buck to a doughnut that you're more proficient with that

cobra than 90+% of others with our super duper Godzilla magnums.

;)

 

..........Widder

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Mikhail, the ex-tanker that designed the AK, was named Kalashnikov.

 

If he had a sister, or a daughter, her name would be Kalashnikova.

 

Russian male and female names have distinct endings. Since you said your gun was an Avtomat Kalashnikova, it's the female version of a Kalashnikov.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalashnikov_rifle

officially known in Russian as "Avtomát Kaláshnikova" (Russian: Автома́т Кала́шникова, lit. 'Kalashnikov's Automatic Gun'), 

 

Quote
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very dangerous. Suppose it should suddenly start shooting by itself? I hear they do that all the time. Nope. No bedtime guns for me!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wanna see something unusual?  Have you ever heard of the S&W Air Crewman?  They were made for the Air Force and had aluminum frames and cylinders.  They soon started splitting cylinders so the Air Force came out with a .38 Special lite round.  Didn't work well so the AF scrapped most of them.  S&W did actually make a few civilian versions before giving up on the idea.  This is an early snubby as you can tell from the flat cylinder release button.  These are LIGHT and scarce.  I picked this one up years ago and have obviously never fired it.

2007543005_DSC_00022.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Wanna see something unusual?  Have you ever heard of the S&W Air Crewman?  They were made for the Air Force and had aluminum frames and cylinders.  They soon started splitting cylinders so the Air Force came out with a .38 Special lite round.  Didn't work well so the AF scrapped most of them.  S&W did actually make a few civilian versions before giving up on the idea.  This is an early snubby as you can tell from the flat cylinder release button.  These are LIGHT and scarce.  I picked this one up years ago and have obviously never fired it.

2007543005_DSC_00022.jpeg

Mine's lighter than yours!!    Made from heliranium.   So light it'll float.  Gotta tie a string to it.

SW-317-AIRLITE-1997_zpsibgwofuy.jpg?widt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I got two hunting terriers, they wont do any damage (they'd try though), but their ears and noses are damn fine - they'd tell me someone was snooping before they even broke in. Then its up to me to do the actual protecting. Its a quick peek on my phone to check the cameras and a short walk to my gun vault from bed so I can take my pick based on what I was facing.

 

If one snooper - the ole double barrel. If two or more - the black guns are coming out.

 

I actually stopped sleeping with my guns when I got my youngest Jack Russell. His nose is a machine. He often wakes me up at odd hours to let me know theres a racoon snooping around outside.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Snakejaw_Joe said:

Well I got two hunting terriers, they wont do any damage (they'd try though), but their ears and noses are damn fine - they'd tell me someone was snooping before they even broke in. Then its up to me to do the actual protecting. Its a quick peek on my phone to check the cameras and a short walk to my gun vault from bed so I can take my pick based on what I was facing.

 

If one snooper - the ole double barrel. If two or more - the black guns are coming out.

 

I actually stopped sleeping with my guns when I got my youngest Jack Russell. His nose is a machine. He often wakes me up at odd hours to let me know theres a racoon snooping around outside.

I guess you get much sleep?  ^_^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I guess you get much sleep?  ^_^

 

With both of the soldiers in the bed with me and the Mrs, it definitely makes for an eventful night's sleep :lol:

 

I've learned to sleep hard and recharge fast 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmm...I tend to go the opposite route here. I have a SCCY that I keep loaded and chambered under the pillow. I did the internals on it to ensure it goes bang every time (out of the box it did not). 
I like that it is double action only-pull trigger or do not pull trigger is all I have to think about.
Its dirt cheap-and you know in any self defense shooting, odds are you may never get the gun back.
I don't want to lose an expensive gun to an evidence box just for getting rid of some scumbag.
Plus, it holds enough rounds for me to get to the vault if a real SHTF situation comes up-then there will be no need to worry about trials, evidence , confiscation and such.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.