SASS Wire Forum

Hollywood Stinkers

I don’t recall watching that one. 

My wife and I tried to watch “The Office” series on Netflix. A few minutes into episode 4 season 1 is when I pulled the plug. I know a lot of people like this show. I am definitely not one of them. 

from the title I thought you might be referring to Hollywoods' elite and their sprouting/pontificating on how they would correct the worlds ills by advising the Government as to actions it should take.

:blink:

1 hour ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

from the title I thought you might be referring to Hollywoods' elite and their sprouting/pontificating on how they would correct the worlds ills by advising the Government as to actions it should take.

:blink:

Nah nothing so complex, we just don't listen to anything those Hollywood liberals say.

There Will Be Blood is the absolute worst movie that I've ever had the displeasure to watch. The POS even won an Academy Award, I guess that should have been a warning. If you run across this rag while digging through the garbage, leave it in the can and take it out before it stinks the house up.

I saw a good movie with James Arness made in 1956 before Gunsmoke, he was a bad guy who was left behind by his gang to die. He tracked them down.

https://www.amazon.com/Gun-Man-Down-James-Arness/dp/B00950UILM

10 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Spending a bit more time than usual watching TV like Amazon and Netflix. Tried watching 1987's "The Big Easy" with Dennis Quaid and Ellen Barkin. Had never seen it before. Made it thru 15-20 minutes of it before turning it off. Dang that was awful.

Just as a hint for your next nugget search............neither Dennis Quaid or Ellen Barkin can act. Simple fact.

10 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Spending a bit more time than usual watching TV like Amazon and Netflix. Tried watching 1987's "The Big Easy" with Dennis Quaid and Ellen Barkin. Had never seen it before. Made it thru 15-20 minutes of it before turning it off. Dang that was awful.

Not the Big Easy!  We love that movie! We have it on VHS but no longer have a player.  We've been searching for it on DVD.  If for nothing else,  the music.

Meanwhile,   Holly bellbottoms, hot pants and big hair!  The Doll Squad!  Made in 73 is a real time machine.  Trivia says it was the prototype for Charlie's Angels. 

This is the PG cut.  There was apparently an R edit with a different title.

Any and all movies starring John Wayne; especially those filmed before The Shootist.

Lighten up Francis, it's a joke.

6 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Lighten up Francis, it's a joke.

Most all his early B movies were bad except for some of the supplying cast - Stagecoach is a good example.  All the supporting cast was outstanding - JW was not that good.

Best?  Red River

Just now, Warden Callaway said:

Most all his early B movies were bad except for some of the supplying cast - Stagecoach is a good example.  All the supporting cast was outstanding - JW was not that good.

Best?  Red River

I agree, but did you detect the root of the joke? The Shootist was his last movie.

10 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I don’t recall watching that one. 

My wife and I tried to watch “The Office” series on Netflix. A few minutes into episode 4 season 1 is when I pulled the plug. I know a lot of people like this show. I am definitely not one of them. 

Mrs. Lose has that show on constantly and I just don’t get it.

On Amazon Prime I enjoyed the two series, DCI Banks and City Homicide. 

59 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Mrs. Lose has that show on constantly and I just don’t get it.

Apparently people either love it or they hate it. 

2 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I agree, but did you detect the root of the joke? The Shootist was his last movie.

Yes.........however, no one is laughing.  Here, anyway.

Cat Brules

6 hours ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

Just as a hint for your next nugget search............neither Dennis Quaid or Ellen Barkin can act. Simple fact.

Your opinion, I love Ellen Barkin!!:wub: Dennis Quaid is as good as anyone else in Hollyweird! He did a great job as Doc Holiday in Wyatt Earp!

19 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Your opinion, I love Ellen Barkin!!:wub:Dennis Quaid is as good as anyone else in Hollyweird! He did a great job as Doc Holiday in Wyatt Earp!

That isn't saying much, Rye.  My wife's salvation is Dr. Pol, and mine is Fishing with Bill Dance. I know, but these

are the times that try men's minds. Sorry about that Mr. Paine. 

11 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

That isn't saying much, Rye.  My wife's salvation is Dr. Pol, and mine is Fishing with Bill Dance. I know, but these

are the times that try men's minds. Sorry about that Mr. Paine. 

True enough but to make a blanket statement about an actor, singer, musician or artist of any kind is ridiculous! It's all subject to your likes and tastes! That's what I was referring to!;) That said I still think Dennis Quaid did a great job as Doc Holiday.

5 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

That said I still think Dennis Quaid did a great job as Doc Holiday.

I agree entirely. Anyone who thinks otherwise can kiss my rebel......grits.:D

On 4/4/2020 at 10:14 PM, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I find Netflix full of stuff I tried and baled on...too much gratuitous scripting of every form of validation for amorality, vile language, homosexual subplots, and multiculturalism. It's satanic. I agree that watching old westerns is kind of a safe harbor. My favorite is Ancient Aliens. I own every season. It can be a little weird, plowing some of the same ground over again, but is free of all that Hollywood propaganda.

16 minutes ago, Roscoe Regulator said:

I find Netflix full of stuff I tried and baled on...too much gratuitous scripting of every form of validation for amorality, vile language, homosexual subplots, and multiculturalism. It's satanic. I agree that watching old westerns is kind of a safe harbor. My favorite is Ancient Aliens. I own every season. It can be a little weird, plowing some of the same ground over again, but is free of all that Hollywood propaganda.

We fell in love with Netflix years ago and dumped the Dish.  We streamed and got a lot of DVDs through the mail. We were happy for years. Then they made a turn for a different market and lost us in the curve. 

We've evolved into watching movies and such on YouTube.   Still only enjoying their free service but it looks like they are pushing to go to paid services. 

We have a library of hundreds of DVDs. Mostly acquired form Wally-World discount bins.  

Lately we have filled in some holes in our collection from eBay. 

Most movies are stinkers. I intersperse a western or two between streaming TV shows and movies. My pet peeve with even good westerns is when the good guy at the end tosses his gun like he's seen the light and become a modern Lefty. Heck, even if he wanted to hang them up, that's money he's throwing away.

Hollywood stinkers?

Movies or most of the people who star in movies these days?

To the first question... plenty.

To the second... vast majority.

58 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Third case scenario, those that don't watch it. 

I wish I wouldn’t have. 

1 hour ago, Dantankerous said:

Hollywood stinkers?

Movies or most of the people who star in movies these days?

To the first question... plenty.

To the second... vast majority.

That covers the subject very well...

Texas Lizard

On 4/5/2020 at 8:00 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Apparently people either love it or they hate it. 

Watched the pilot when it first came on,    made it until the first commercial and change the channel .

I am enjoying non stop Westerns!!!!!!:D

Archived