SASS Wire Forum

Things that befuddle the oldsters

Blastmaster

I will turn 40 later this year. I don't really fall into either camp, but I'll admit identifying with the older crowd in your sister thread (i.e. I know how to count change, understand basic math, can change breaker points, can drive a stick, etc.).

Rap music...befuddles, irritates, get's on my last good nerve, waste of the sound spectrum.

Kajun

Why people want to pierce every inch of their bodies.

What is a Kardashian? Are they an alien from a new version of Star Trek?

That is all for now, but as the day goes on, I am sure I can think of more.

Spewing every moment of one's life on social media. The Internet has made it possible for everybody to think they're important and that their thoughts matter. I got news kids - 'tain't so. Nobody cares but your family and closest friends, and you can talk to them without bothering the rest of the world.

"You have the right to remain silent. I suggest you use it."

Piercings, ugly tattoos on pretty wimmen, apps on my IPhone, folks who wear pajamas everywhere, earlobes so disfigured you can stick a cucumber through them, drivers who have their music so loud it makes my car shake three cars away, vape smokers who think I want to smell their vapor, telemarketers, families that go into restaurants and don't talk they just sit there texting on their phones, immigrants who refuse to learn English, every new restaurant that opens up down here is a Mexican restaurant we've got enough Mexican restaurants already, enough, mashed cauliflower disguised as mashed potatoes, most network television shows, political candidates.

Piercings in eyebrows, lips and other unmentionable places and tattoos all over the body!!!

Recently, trying to figure out how to reset the digital clock on my car's dashboard for daylight savings time.

Selfies.... good LORD the selfies!!!!

I sat in the living room a few weeks ago watching a show on Discovery and watched my teenage daughter, sitting in the recliner, take 52 selfies in the span of one hour. I kid you not. I am not exaggerating. I counted them. fifty-two. I am sure they all made it into the instagram-o-meter.

Rap. Not music, not "art" - just noise.

Folks who can't seem to pull their britches up all the way. Not interested in see your underwear. pull your pants up.

low profile tires and giant rims on trucks and old cars.

The "entitled" generation(s). ugh...

Rap music...befuddles, irritates, get's on my last good nerve, waste of the sound spectrum.

Kajun

Even with types of music I don't care for I can still respect and appreciate the talent in it. But with Rap, modern pop, etc. maybe it is just me, but I don't see any talent to it. Some just appears to be a bunch of cussing.

Even with types of music I don't care for I can still respect and appreciate the talent in it. But with Rap, modern pop, etc. maybe it is just me, but I don't see any talent to it. Some just appears to be a bunch of cussing.

I've heard a couple of rappers who I thought displayed talent. Still as foul-mouthed as a drunken uncle, but I have to admit they had some musical skills.

What really grinds my gears about most rap is the repetitiveness. "**** da man!" is vulgar and disrespectful, but saying it 32 times in a row because you can't think of anything else to say makes me wonder if the group home knows you've wandered away again.

Why people want to pierce every inch of their bodies.

What is a Kardashian? Are they an alien from a new version of Star Trek?

That is all for now, but as the day goes on, I am sure I can think of more.

A Kardashian is a high priced hooker.....just so's you know.

People that seem to think I and everyone else is enthralled with whatever it is they have to say. It may be in a restaurant or in a waiting room at the hospital and they talk so loud I can't carry on a conversation or read. I truly don't want to know what you have to say either to the folks at your table or the person on the other end of the phone. Please keep you conversation down so others around you can enjoy their conversation or their book.

Men who don't know how to wear pants. Pull up your pants fool. The crotch of you pants meets the corresponding part of your anatomy, not your knees.

Women who wear yoga pants, stirrup pants, stretch pants that show every conceivable bump and ripple on their legs. I like the female form as much if not more than most but for some "ladies" it is not a pleasant visual. If in doubt, don't wear it in public.

Rap +100

Kardashians (who cares) +1

Selfies +1

Twitter +1

Telling everyone what you are doing every minute of the day. +1 Get over yourself.

According to my tech savvy daughter I should be forbidden from using anything with a electric current running through it, especially if there a computer chip involved.

Works for me!

I don't understand people that call my home phone, and when the answering machine starts, they hang up.

I sure can't call them back if they don't leave a message, and if they didn't want to leave a message, why did

they call in the first place. I refuse to be a slave to my telephone. Just because it rings, does not mean that I

have to jump up and answer. If you have bad news it will find me soon enough and if you have good news,

just leave your name and phone number. If you want to sell me something, or want a donation, go some

place where it is extremely warm ALL OF THE TIME.

How ALL the presidential candidates promise to raise/lower taxes, enact this thing or that, when that is the province of Congress! Problem is the schools don't teach basic Civics or American Government. If the majority of voters understood how our government is (supposed) to work, they'd laugh all 17+ candidates, regardless of party, right off the stage!

Abraham Lincoln is reported to have said, "You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all of the time!" OTOH, Bret Maverick's Ol' Pappy said, "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time...and those are mighty good odds!" :o:P:P

It's really bad poetry set to a beat!

It befuddles me why youngsters wear the ball caps backwards.

Hat+fail.jpg

I tell my wife when I see someone wearing there hats backwards, that for that person, there needs to be instructions inside the hat.

I watched two overweight, sloppy dressed young men that likely still live with their parents, as they put out produce at a grocery store. They were having a lively discussion about some online fantasy video game. I figure they now have jobs in the current administration.

Hat+fail.jpg

I tell my wife when I see someone wearing there hats backwards, that for that person, there needs to be instructions inside the hat.

I've been known to offer to turn their head around until their hat is on straight.

I've been known to offer to turn their head around until their hat is on straight.

I ask them where's they're catcher's mask :P

Hat+fail.jpg

I love pictures of backwards caps where the wearers are trying the shade their eyes from the sun. This one looks like it's at a sporting event, so maybe ole boy had some backwards cap superstition from one time when the sun was burning his neck and his team did real good. I often wear my hat cockeyed and it probably looks funny, but if you pay attention the bill is always moving to where the sun is. I don't even notice I'm doing it anymore. It's almost like the cap does it automagically.

I saw a girl with a ring piercing in the middle of her lower lip. What's up with that?

I know the tongue piercing is for the purpose of oral sex but why the lip?

Archived