SASS Wire Forum

What is the most ENJOYABLE gun to shoot?

Two Spurs

Most of us have had plenty of things to shoot over the years. What is the one that you truly enjoy shooting the most? (past or present)

For me the most pleasing/enjoyable one is the '73 we have in 45 Colt. Slow or fast, it's just plain 'ol fun! :D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one i dont have to pay for the ammo to shoot ;)

In general 22s . There cheap to shoot. No recoil accurate and just a hoot to shoot.

Full auto especially Tommy's are fun.

But i do get a kick out of shooting my cowboy guns

The little 4" Cold Diamondback .22 I bought when they could be had new for $259. The little fella is starting to finally get a bit loose though. I've no idea how many tens of thousands of rounds have been through it. For the first few years I was known to shoot a brick of ammo a weekend.

Ma Deuce !!!!!!!!! Hands Down!! B) B) B)

I've shot various gun that are full auto and all were a blast. I suppose the most fun was an AR-15, but the coolest (that happens to be water cooled) was a Browning 1919 just based upon the fact that the gun has been around for so long. I've shot a 50 cal single shot, but a Ma Deuce...I don't know if my heart could stand the adrenaline. I'd love to find out. :)

I really enjoyed being an F.O. There was something about calling for fire and seeing the target blow up. Almost God like.

MP5 if I had the bucks but my Smith & Wesson M-76 is a blast to shoot and will make you smile.

Love to have a Thompson but dont have a spare $50K lying around. been watching for a Reising M50 on Gunbroker just because my Dad used one and cussed it during WW2.

Most of us have had plenty of things to shoot over the years. What is the one that you truly enjoy shooting the most? (past or present)

For me the most pleasing/enjoyable one is the '73 we have in 45 Colt. Slow or fast, it's just plain 'ol fun! :D

In order they are : my 7.5" Munden tuned Ruger NV's in .45, followed by my Colt SAA in .45, followed by my Colt Peacemaker .22's . . . .

In non-CAS my C&S tuned Hi Power and my Kahr K9, followed by my Colt 1911!

Shadow Catcher

1. Stoked up 97 pump shotgun - fun, fun, fun

2. Browning Citori 12 guage skeet gun

3. Remington 30.06 deer rifle

4. Marlin 38 rifle

Given you did not specify it had to be a gun I owned - Hands down the most fun is the Browning M-2 from a tripod with a T&E.

Also right up there are the 90MM recoiless rifle and the German Panzer Faust.

Of the guns I own, shooting sub MOA groups with my 40X remington 7.62 is fun as well

This is followed by all my guns as they really are all fun to shoot.

Having said that it would not hurt my feelings if SASS eliminated the shotgun, Just about every match I cut open my signaling finger on my shooting hand.

I love to shoot my 76 in 45-75. I have used it in a number of Cody/Dixon style matches and wish I could use it as a main match gun all the time. It just puts a smile on my face.

But heck, they are all fun to shoot.

I've had the opportunity to shoot many a gun over the years (a lot of which would now make you a criminal in California) like pen guns, revolving shotguns, and while in Nevada I rented a Tommy gun and a MP5 both full auto. But I'd have to say my most enjoyable gun to fire is one of my recent projects a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in 44 magnum. I did some light action work including reduced Wolff springs, got the gun Mag-Na-Ported, put on some Crimson Trace laser grips with ivory panels, and topped it with a HiViz front and Bowen Rough Country rear sight. The last thing was having Jim Downing http://www.thegunengraver.com/ do full coverage engraving on the piece with my signature inside the cylinder frame so you'd see it only when the cylinder is opened. Of all the guns I've monkeyed with, this one came out the absolute best. Smithy.

My dad's Winchester Model 62 22LR, it was fun to shoot growing up and is still fun to plink with. Next would be the HS Victor 22LR, Colt Gold Cup 45ACP and my opentops in 44 topped off with BP!

I think we'll just have to have a fun Father's Day weekend with some of these!

1-Full auto AR 15 with Gemtech Suppressor and M203 grenade launcher under barrel :)

2- ALL of my 1911 Colts

3-ALL of my Colt SAA's

4-SIG 1911-22 with Gemtech Suppressor (Best plinker ever!)

03 Springfield 6 power scope 1961-1973

Guest diablo slim shootist

45/70 Gattling gun

Thompson sub machine gun

My 1911

Which ever cowboy gun I have in my hand at the moment! :P;)

It used to be the .45/70 Gatling Gun I shot at EOT once but that has been superseded by the 7.62mm mini gun I cranked off 500 rounds through. Talk about an adrenaline rush!!!!

Archived