* 2023 Shooter's Handbook clarifications:
Rifle/Revolver ammunition may not be carried in a shotgun/shotshell loop.
SHB p.4 (Ammunition Belts and Loops)
- Leaving empty or live round(s) in a magazine, action, or carrier of the long gun in which it was loaded.
- Leaving an empty in the chamber of a long gun.
SHB p.22 (Minor Safety Violation (MSV) infractions)
- The length or style of stock may be altered or replaced (e.g., a carbine style stock may be interchanged for a rifle stock and vice-versa).
- Long gun stocks with a “pistol grip” configuration (e.g., “Mares Leg” rifle or “Terminator” shotgun) are not allowed.
SHB p.34 (Stocks and Grips)
Must be in a cartridge commonly available in revolvers. Examples include, but are not limited to, .32-20, .32 Magnum, .357 Magnum, .38 Special, .44 Magnum, .44-40, and .45 Colt. (Includes some semi-auto pistol cartridges, e.g., 9mm, 10mm, and .45 ACP).
SHB p.37 (REVOLVER CALIBERS)
- Uberti 1873 percussion revolver (not legal in Frontiersman Category or Plainsman side matches)
SHB p.39 (OTHER APPROVED FIREARMS)
Progressive Penalty – Procedural for the first infraction, Stage Disqualification for the second infraction, Match Disqualification for the third infraction. Example: failure to adhere to category requirements. Multiple infractions on the same stage are not cumulative.
SHB p.44 (GLOSSARY OF TERMS)