SASS Wire Forum

What is the most ENJOYABLE gun to shoot?

Two Spurs

Currently, I'd have to say my Rossi '92 in .357. Makes me holler "I LIKE IT!" every time. :D

Favorite I've ever shot....81mm mortar. Dropped a HE round INTO the open top of a target tracked vehicle 450+ yards out. Company Commander and Platoon Commander absolutely screamed when I did it.:lol:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've shot various gun that are full auto and all were a blast. I suppose the most fun was an AR-15, but the coolest (that happens to be water cooled) was a Browning 1919 just based upon the fact that the gun has been around for so long. I've shot a 50 cal single shot, but a Ma Deuce...I don't know if my heart could stand the adrenaline. I'd love to find out. :)

Try dual 50's If I can get photobucket to load I'll post a photo.

I've shot various gun that are full auto and all were a blast. I suppose the most fun was an AR-15, but the coolest (that happens to be water cooled) was a Browning 1919 just based upon the fact that the gun has been around for so long. I've shot a 50 cal single shot, but a Ma Deuce...I don't know if my heart could stand the adrenaline. I'd love to find out. :)

Oh Yea!!! Here's the Real Deal!!

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd133/LoneRiderLeather/PBRMKII.gif

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd133/LoneRiderLeather/PBR_Mark_II_forward_twin_MG.jpg

Howdy

I shoot a lot of Trap. Usually twice a week, practice on Sunday and league Tuesday night. I was shooting a modern O/U for a bunch of years. Then I started thinking I would like something more classic. I thought I'd look for a Remington Model 870 pump. But then I thought if I'm going to move to a pump, why not go for the real classic? So I found a nice old Winchester Model 12, 30" full choke barrel, made in 1923. It only cost $350 at Kittery, so I ran to the check out counter with it as fast as I could. I love shooting my old Model 12, and the bonus is that I shoot it so much now that my average has gone up.

As far as Cowboy is concerned, I have a few really cool guns.

First off, there is my mismatched pair of 2nd Gen Colts.

Colts

Then there is my S&W New Model Three that gets taken out every once in a while to a match. And a few clubs will even allow me to shoot my 44 Double Action, just because it is so cool.

Smiths

And a few months ago I bought a Bisley Colt that gets to a match every once in a while too.

Bisley Colt

Rifle: Barrett model 85

Subgun: Suppressed select fire MP5 - I am hoping to get to shoot a Kriss, from what I hear that may replace the MP5 on the list

Pistol: Toss up between my 1911 and My Ruger MK IV

Shotgun: Winchester 23XTR, it felt like and extension of my body, it just fit me right

Crew Served:8 pound Cannon

One of the most interested threads in a long time. I really like to read what other guys enjoy shooting, and see how we are all alike, and how we are different. I have really enjoyed this one. This kind of personal sharing is probably what this forum is all about.

My favorite .... the one that feels right .... the one that leaves me satisfied .... is a Colt or Colt replica, any barrel length, in .45 caliber, loaded to match the power of the late eighteen hundreds. I use smokeless, but if I were not so lazy I would probably enjoy black even more. I love to watch other people shoot with it. I just have this fear that I wont get my guns clean enough, and they will be ruined.

Vaqueros are wonderful guns, and I like my old model. But they just don't rock in my hand like a Colt or even a good replica that has a grip shaped just like the Colt.

My second choice would be the same gun loaded up to modern velocities. It just feels good!

Wow... its really tough to choose just one. But, I am a rifle guy, more so than a hang gun guy, so, its my .308 caliber Ruger M77 with Mannlicher stock I purchased when they first came out. Its been on many field trips.

Aftr that, it would be a Remington 1100 I use for trap.

Then, my cowboy guns.

Full auto AK! Naw, thats second. Gotta' be a quad fifty!! :FlagAm::lol::wub:B)

I enjoy shooting my most accurate Anschutz .22 cal that will put 10 shots in a dime. http://images.gunsinternational.com/listings/100241359-1-L.JPG

I also enjoy shooting my Grandfathers Winchester model 1903 .22 Win Automatic. http://74.208.11.125/images/9f1b145fdf01fe2f3e6c40c4ad95c40a.jpg

My favorite and most enjoyable handgun is my Smith&Wesson K 22 Combat Masterpiece http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn195/Allen-Frame/K%2022%20Combat%20Masterpiece%20glamour/K22CombatMasterpieceglamourpictures001.jpg

My favorite and most enjoyable rifle is my Remington rolling block made in 1875. Cal is 40-50 Sharps bottleneck. http://picturearchive.gunauction.com/2531092341/7574900/4f5944fd657133de5150145a47b03356.jpg

Jake

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

7.62 mm M-134, but at 4000RPM, it costs a lot to FEED.

Mustang Gregg

For sheer giggles and outright laughter, it goes back to EOT '86 and thhe long range rifle side match, That pic is from '87; in '86 we shot off the "rockin' horse", and nothing can describe the fun of pouring 100 grains of 2F, droppin' a ball, cappin' and trying to hit that steel buffalo @ 200 yards (mighta only been 150), while your "mount" rocks back & forth! I tried for speed and shot naked balls (no patch) in my .53 Hawken. Hit 7 of 10 and an "Honorable Mention"!

I've already posted, but I got to thinking about a gun I saw on Pawn Stars. It was OLD maybe loaded with black powder and was a 5 or 6 barreled, 37mm Gatling Gun. One round would tear the dickens out of what was being shot at, but that and being able to crank the handle as fast as you wanted and the gun would go, What fun would that be! Smithy.

In the past:

I had the opportunity to turn a M167 (trailer mounted 20mm M61 Vulcan) loose in a live fire exercise serving with 25th ID in Hawaii in the 80's. That was impressive to say the least. Second to that were would be the M72, M47, M220 anti tank weapons fired in the same time frame....not really the same but still pretty unforgettable experiences. Thanks for bringin' those memories back to the top of my mind!!!

These days I really dig firing the Win 97....at least that is the first to come to mind since there are many that I enjoy. ;)

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

I recently had a chance to shoot a Browning 1919 air cooled and it were great even though it was set up as semi-auto only

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

Hi Folks,,

I haven't shot anything other than SASS guns and the 1911.

I enjoy stoking 6 in the '97 or shooting a 1911 at close targets. :blush:

Regards,

Allie Mo

Sign up for the Profesionals side match at the CVSO and you may get a real treat.

I have had the oportunity to shoot some pretty cool stuff. Full auto M-16, Thompson with suppressor, H&K MP5, German Schmizer (sp?). They were fun but filling magazines gets old quick.

The one gun that I could shoot all day long is my Winchester low wall .22lr. It isn't terribly accurate. I have some rifles that are hyper accurate but I just love that little low wall.

KQ

Archived