SASS Wire Forum

hamas wants a cease fire

Irish Pat

Hamas wants a cease fire.  REALLY??  Hamas started this fight with an unprovoked attack on Israeli civilian population.  They expected Israel to just "roll over" and take it??  I think not.  While I do think the Collateral damage is extreme, the Palestinians asked for it.  If you poke someone in the eye, they just might tear your head off.

Way too much tactical information to go well into it here but Hamas has it coming.  Suck it up Buttercup, you started it.

I guess they don’t like the balloon payment that’s due for the can of whoopass they’ve bought with their actions!!

Yep.  The "protesters" and some Muslim affiliated politicians want to scream how there should be outrage at the Israeli response to the Hamas/Palestinian on Israeli civilians.  They all choose to ignore the FACT, Hamas started it.   

1 hour ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

While I do think the Collateral damage is extreme, the Palestinians asked for it.  I

I don't think that it is. While the Palestinian "civilians" might not have taken part in the attack, they have shown again and again that they agree with it. Over there, in Europe, and even in this country. Unless they specifically speak out against it, they are showing that they're for it, and if they don't survive Israel's response, I've got no problem with that.

A few days ago a U.S. politician said that those people calling for a cease fire between Israel and Hamas do not understand Hamas. It would be a huge gift to Hamas. Hamas would use whatever length of time that was agreed upon to rebuild there armaments and to build better positions to fight Israel. This made a lot of people upset. Surprisingly it was Hillary.

Hamas is doing a great job of turning this into a political movement making stupid stupid people feel sorry for the Palestinians while they use them as cover! Did everyone forget that 1400 Jews were killed on Oct 7?? What the heck is wrong with these people that are protesting against Israel? We’re in a bizzaro world! 

1 hour ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

NO . wipe em all out 

CB 

While my gut reaction would be to agree with you, doing that would result in those idiots who accuse Israel of perpetrating genocide being justified WHICH THEY ARE NOT!  

I have a close and long-time friend with whom I have talked several times since October 7th. He is a retired veteran combat officer, who served with distinction in Viet Nam and elsewhere, and who has a PhD in military history and international politics. He is critical of Israel using massive air strikes, resulting in large numbers of "civilian" casualties while targeting Hamas leadership. His contention is that Israel should go into the tunnels and destroy them with ground personnel.  That would be very costly in IDF casualties, although they are doing it to a great extent, I believe.

I am NOT a combat veteran, so perhaps I don't have the background to diaagree with him. I understand that Hamas is using many Gazans as human shields, and that makes it virtually impossible not to create collateral casualties.  It is being reported that a number of wounded Hamas terrorists attempted to escape through the Rafah gate with Egypt by riding in ambulances! OTOH, Israel is also reported to have opened a gate in Northern Gaza for a short period to allow some Palestinians (presumably NOT Hamas) to leave the North rather than trying to go south...past the guns of Hamas! While some have said that the Palestinians who don't support Hamas could have thrown them out, I believe that is naieve.  Why can't the oligarchs in Russia throw out Putin? (We are also being told that the reorganized Wagner group may be getting involved in anti-Israeli or other Middle Eastern areas! The plot sickens!)

No, Israel must do whatever they think they need to do to survive.  I wonder what these idiots demonstrating in this country, on college campuses and major cities would want if 38,000 Americans were slaughtered brutally by enemy agents (which could happen given the number of undocumented border-crossers perpetrate a catastraphy here)? 

Frankly...and I know it wouldn't happen...if Iran, which is behind all of this, want a nuke, I'd favor giving them three! Air burst of three 325KT right over downtown Tehran! (I think I'll change my alias...to I.R. Pi$$ed!) 

6 hours ago, Irish Pat said:

it is amazing how many Germans say they were not Hitler supporters 

Yep, but secretly kept a bust of hitler in their basement.  I know as my landlord in Germany was in the German army during ww2 and kept a bust of hitler and sometimes spoke of how Hitler improved the roads and gave everyone a radio.  His wife didn’t like Americans because she remembered our bombers bombing her town.  They liked American rent money though.  

8 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Hamas wants a cease fire.  REALLY??  Hamas started this fight with an unprovoked attack on Israeli civilian population.  They expected Israel to just "roll over" and take it??  I think not.  While I do think the Collateral damage is extreme, the Palestinians asked for it.  If you poke someone in the eye, they just might tear your head off.

Way too much tactical information to go well into it here but Hamas has it coming.  Suck it up Buttercup, you started it.

Don't give them one until you've ensured that they are not, and will never be again, capable of starting another retaliation.

I have little sympathy with the plight of the ADULTS living in Gaza.

They know who the members of Hamas are and did nothing to warn about the attack. That warning was just a cell phone call away.

My sympathy is with the children, who are now caught up in and suffering for what the adults have done and now falling into the trap of again hating Israel and the Jews.

On another front, I almost puked while watching a "Newscast" here in Canada, with the heading "Canadians Living in Gaza Unable to Escape the Violence" 

I'll let you think about that for a bit.

OK?

Now, "Canadians Living In Gaza"?

Headline: "Canadian Government and the Military sending flights to rescue Canadians Caught in the War"

According to some friends of mine that fled the area decades ago, these are not Canadians, per se. They are Canadians for convenience.

Think health benefits and pensions etc. According to them, our country is just a fall back.

So many people are outraged that Israel is striking targets that result in innocent deaths, I think it would be much more helpful if everybody was saying they're outraged that Hamas is causing innocent deaths by using them as human shields. I also wonder if a cease fire would give Hamas a chance to regroup and reorganize and result in even more innocent deaths in the future. 

But I'm still disappointed there's so many people posting that every Muslim needs to die. How is that any different than any other bad guy that tried to justify genocide throughout history? 

29 minutes ago, Chicken Rustler, SASS #26680 said:

But I'm still disappointed there's so many people posting that every Muslim needs to die. How is that any different than any other bad guy that tried to justify genocide throughout history? 

The difference is that one of the basic tenants of the Muslim religion is that all Jews need to die. How can you even negotiate with someone whose whole reason for living is that you must die? 

Now I understand that some Muslims don't think this way, and that's a Good Thing. But how do you deal with the rest of them? I know, sign a Peace Treaty! That's what was done. And on Oct.7, some Muslims decided that they'd had enough peace, and attacked Israel. Again. Just like every other time a Peace Treaty has been signed between the two. And just like every other time, except for a very few, Muslims everywhere rejoiced, and none of them said "We shouldn't have done that". 

Jews around the world just want to be left in peace. Muslims around the world want all Jews dead. What do you suggest? 

I find it funny that all these progressive lefty college kids are protesting Israel when Hamas would kill them if they support gay & trans rights! What a bunch of dummies!:o

On 11/4/2023 at 3:54 PM, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

....... it seems that many of the "protesters" have chosen to ignore this little factoid ......  <_<

Saw a cartoon I liked ...

... a Hamas standing beside a protestor.

The thought balloon floating up from the shemagh said, "Useful Idiot."

Yep.

22 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

The difference is that one of the basic tenants of the Muslim religion is that all Jews need to die. How can you even negotiate with someone whose whole reason for living is that you must die? 

Now I understand that some Muslims don't think this way, and that's a Good Thing. But how do you deal with the rest of them? I know, sign a Peace Treaty! That's what was done. And on Oct.7, some Muslims decided that they'd had enough peace, and attacked Israel. Again. Just like every other time a Peace Treaty has been signed between the two. And just like every other time, except for a very few, Muslims everywhere rejoiced, and none of them said "We shouldn't have done that". 

Jews around the world just want to be left in peace. Muslims around the world want all Jews dead. What do you suggest? 

You say you understand that some Muslims don't think this way, but you sure don't sound like you believe it. What do I suggest? That's pretty easy, I suggest we only kill the ones that need to be killed. 

Just now, Chicken Rustler, SASS #26680 said:

You say you understand that some Muslims don't think this way, but you sure don't sound like you believe it. What do I suggest? That's pretty easy, I suggest we only kill the ones that need to be killed. 

I will go along with that. The ones that don't need to be killed would be the ones that declare that they don't have a problem with letting the Jews live in peace.

There have been lots of times in history where entire countries were wiped out.  Why should Gaza be any different?  They refuse to take Israel’s generosity and help and use it for good of themselves.  They instead used Israel’s help to create rockets and kill Israelis.  

2 hours ago, Chicken Rustler, SASS #26680 said:

How do you sort them out?

Archived