SASS Wire Forum

Covid: "Humor" or Not?

ABBOTT AND COSTELLO’S ‘WHO’S BEEN VACCINATED?
Bud: ‘You can’t come in here!’
Lou: ‘Why not?’
Bud: ‘Well because you’re unvaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But I’m not sick.’
Bud: ‘It doesn’t matter.’
Lou: ‘Well, why does that guy get to go in?’
Bud: ‘Because he’s vaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But he’s sick!’
Bud: ‘It’s alright. Everyone in here is vaccinated.’
Lou: ‘Wait a minute. Are you saying everyone in there is vaccinated?’
Bud: ‘Yes.’
Lou: ‘So then why can’t I go in there if everyone is vaccinated?’
Bud: ‘Because you’ll make them sick.’
Lou: ‘How will I make them sick if I’m NOT sick and they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Because you’re unvaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘But they can still get sick.’
Lou: ‘So what the heck does the vaccine do?’
Bud: ‘It vaccinates.’
Lou: ‘So vaccinated people can’t spread covid?’
Bud: ‘Oh no. They can spread covid just as easily as an unvaccinated person.’
Lou: ‘I don’t even know what I’m saying anymore. Look. I’m not sick.
Bud: ‘Ok.’
Lou: ‘And the guy you let in IS sick.’
Bud: ‘That’s right.’
Lou: ‘And everybody in there can still get sick even though they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Certainly.’
Lou: ‘So why can’t I go in again?’
Lou: ‘I’m not asking who’s vaccinated or not!’
Bud: ‘I’m just telling you how it is.’
Lou: ‘Nevermind. I’ll just put on my mask.’
Bud: ‘That’s fine.’
Lou: ‘Now I can go in?’
Bud: ‘Absolutely not?’
Lou: ‘But I have a mask!’
Bud: ‘Doesn’t matter.’
Lou: ‘I was able to come in here yesterday with a mask.’
Bud: ‘I know.’
Lou: So why can’t I come in here today with a mask? ….If you say ‘because I’m unvaccinated’ again, I’ll break your arm.’
Bud: ‘Take it easy buddy.’
Lou: ‘So the mask is no good anymore.’
Bud: ‘No, it’s still good.’
Lou: ‘But I can’t come in?’
Bud: ‘Correct.’
Lou: ‘But the mask prevents the germs from getting out.’
Bud: ‘Yes, but people can still catch your germs.’
Lou: ‘But they’re all vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Yes,

Just now, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:
ABBOTT AND COSTELLO’S ‘WHO’S BEEN VACCINATED?
Bud: ‘You can’t come in here!’
Bud: ‘Well because you’re unvaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But I’m not sick.’
Bud: ‘It doesn’t matter.’
Lou: ‘Well, why does that guy get to go in?’
Bud: ‘Because he’s vaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But he’s sick!’
Bud: ‘It’s alright. Everyone in here is vaccinated.’
Lou: ‘Wait a minute. Are you saying everyone in there is vaccinated?’
Bud: ‘Yes.’
Lou: ‘So then why can’t I go in there if everyone is vaccinated?’
Bud: ‘Because you’ll make them sick.’
Lou: ‘How will I make them sick if I’m NOT sick and they’re vaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘But they can still get sick.’
Lou: ‘So what the heck does the vaccine do?’
Bud: ‘It vaccinates.’
Lou: ‘So vaccinated people can’t spread covid?’
Bud: ‘Oh no. They can spread covid just as easily as an unvaccinated person.’
Lou: ‘I don’t even know what I’m saying anymore. Look. I’m not sick.
Bud: ‘Ok.’
Lou: ‘And the guy you let in IS sick.’
Bud: ‘That’s right.’
Lou: ‘And everybody in there can still get sick even though they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Certainly.’
Lou: ‘So why can’t I go in again?’
Lou: ‘I’m not asking who’s vaccinated or not!’
Bud: ‘I’m just telling you how it is.’
Lou: ‘Nevermind. I’ll just put on my mask.’
Bud: ‘That’s fine.’
Lou: ‘Now I can go in?’
Bud: ‘Absolutely not?’
Lou: ‘But I have a mask!’
Bud: ‘Doesn’t matter.’
Lou: ‘I was able to come in here yesterday with a mask.’
Bud: ‘I know.’
Lou: So why can’t I come in here today with a mask? ….If you say ‘because I’m unvaccinated’ again, I’ll break your arm.’
Bud: ‘Take it easy buddy.’
Lou: ‘So the mask is no good anymore.’
Bud: ‘No, it’s still good.’
Lou: ‘But I can’t come in?’
Bud: ‘Correct.’
Lou: ‘But the mask prevents the germs from getting out.’
Bud: ‘Yes, but people can still catch your germs.’
Lou: ‘But they’re all vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Yes,

Funny or not...I see truth in it.

Saddens me.

If you unvaccinated folks don't understand by now why all who can be vaccinated should get vaccinated; I really can't think of anything further to say which you haven't heard and know already.

13 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

If you unvaccinated folks don't understand by now why all who can be vaccinated should get vaccinated; I really can't think of anything further to say which you haven't heard and know already.

Some folks have sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from taking it.  You're right though, there really isn't anything new to be said, folks make informed decisions for their own reasons, not for the faceless "common good".

I took the vaccinations.  Not because I have ANY faith in them. I have very little faith in the vaccines, having seen several people, some of them close to me, come down with the Chinese Bat Flu virus after being vaccinated. Some of those people were just recently administered the shots. Some of them very healthy, vital individuals.  

NO! I have serious doubts as to the safety and the effectiveness of the vaccines!

I took the shots because many of the venues where I might have the opportunity to perform require me to have the shots or have a recent, (read that within 48 hours) negative test result!!

I won’t say that they don’t work, but I am NOT convinced that they do work!!  And I think the masks are entirely ineffective!! They are WAAAY too porous to stop this tiny threat!

But then there was the guy who was fully vaccinated, but was DOA at the hospital. :(  Police are still looking for the hit-and-run driver! :o  Three things are important in living a long life... 1) genetrics; 2) lifestyle; 3) pure damned luck! First two don't matter if you get hit by a bus!  Of course your chances of survival are higher if you look before stepping out in the street! Same thing with the vaccines! 

Stay well and safe!  Live long and prosper! \\//(

My Grandmother would have said; "God only gave you so many days here on earth. There is nothing you can to to add additional days to your allotted time. However the choices you make can definitely reduce them. Choose wisely" 

One of her favorite parables.   

God Will Save Me

A terrible storm came into a town and local officials sent out an emergency warning that the riverbanks would soon overflow and flood the nearby homes. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.

A faithful Christian man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, “I will trust God and if I am in danger, then God will send a divine miracle to save me.”

The neighbors came by his house and said to him, “We’re leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us!” But the man declined. “I have faith that God will save me.”

As the man stood on his porch watching the water rise up the steps, a man in a canoe paddled by and called to him, “Hurry and come into my canoe, the waters are rising quickly!” But the man again said, “No thanks, God will save me.”

The floodwaters rose higher pouring water into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. “We will come up and rescue you!” they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, “Use your time to save someone else! I have faith that God will save me!”

The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.

A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. A rescue officer came down the ladder and pleaded with the man, "Grab my hand and I will pull you up!" But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. “No thank you! God will save me!”

Shortly after, the house broke up and the floodwaters swept the man away and he drowned.

When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, “I put all of my faith in You. Why didn’t You come and save me?”

And God said, “Son, I sent you a warning. a car. a canoe. a motorboat. and a helicopter. What more did you expect?

On 8/24/2021 at 6:38 PM, Blackwater 53393 said:

I won’t say that they don’t work, but I am NOT convinced that they do work!!  And I think the masks are entirely ineffective!! They are WAAAY to porous to stop this tiny threat

I tell people that if they wear glasses and they fog when wearing the mask it shows that there is no seal and therefore useless. I tell them that I worked nuclear and if my masks were like that I would be contaminated. No seal = No good..

On 8/24/2021 at 6:09 PM, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

‘Nuff said. And No I haven’t been

This stuff has rapidly turned into the new global warming/climate change discussion between both sides...

Any bets on what the next great dividing social discussion will be for the country?

I remember when this Covid stuff started hitting the news media.

The 'OFFICIAL' medical info shared with us 'little people' is that the virus would

not be sustainable when summer temps hit 80 degrees.

Well, here it is during the 2nd summer with 94 degrees here in E.TN,  and ..... "ITS BACK"!

In a nutshell, I don't think they have a clue.

I've had both shots (Moderna)  and today, I will probably go take the swab test because I got some

symptoms.   I hope its just grass allergies that I suffer with often.

..........Widder

1 minute ago, Assassin said:

So, those that had Covid and have natural antibodies are not as protected as those vaccinated? Isn't it the same thing? 

Of course they're as protected, everything I've read suggests they're more protected.

On 8/24/2021 at 6:38 PM, Blackwater 53393 said:

I took the vaccinations.  Not because I have ANY faith in them. I have very little faith in the vaccines, having seen several people, some of them close to me, come down with the Chinese Bat Flu virus after being vaccinated. Some of those people were just recently administered the shots. Some of them very healthy, vital individuals.  

NO! I have serious doubts as to the safety and the effectiveness of the vaccines!

I took the shots because many of the venues where I might have the opportunity to perform require me to have the shots or have a recent, (read that within 48 hours) negative test result!!

I won’t say that they don’t work, but I am NOT convinced that they do work!!  And I think the masks are entirely ineffective!! They are WAAAY to porous to stop this tiny threat!  

+1000 to Blackwater! My son knows a sound man in Nashville that lost two gigs because he refuses to get the vax! My son will be touring pretty soon with Rob Thomas and one of the members of his band lost the gig because Rob wants all his band members vaxed. Good move Blackwater!!;)

1 hour ago, Assassin said:

So, those that had Covid and have natural antibodies are not as protected as those vaccinated? Isn't it the same thing? 

Yes.

Well, sort of.

Maybe.

Don't know.

Not at all.

Say half the doctors asked.

:D

4 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

Yes.

Well, sort of.

Maybe.

Don't know.

Not at all.

Just what I thought?

5 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

Yes.

Well, sort of.

Maybe.

Don't know.

Not at all.

Greedy chipmunk called Van Gogh stuffs its mouth with nuts before running  off to hide them | Daily Mail Online   image.png.b5c3c70d41ce675b2c458f4ad8e93f36.png

3 hours ago, Assassin said:

Possibly more protected against the particular originally contracted strain, but not as well protected against other variants.

Possibly NOT less likely to contract and also spread an infection if vaccinated, but definitely less likely to end up in the hospital or die if infected.

And also less likely to die from the vaccine even whether or not you include those later infected as compared to dieing from CoViD if infected and not vaccinated.

Unless you have shellfish allergies or have already been told by your doc to carry an epi pen. In that case, you are probably better off taking your chances with CoViD.

Anyway, that is my read on actual findings versus pure or outdated conjecture.

The results of another study on efficacy of vaccines vs. natural immunity was in the news late last week.  Like the one from the Cleveland Clinic natural immunity is 7+ times more effective.  This makes sense since your immune system is exposed to the whole virus from an infection & the mRNA vaccines, Moderna & Pfizer, expose the immune system to the spike protein.  The CDC must feel that the increased risk of serious reaction in people with natural immunity to a vaccine isn't significant.   Of course they don't want to know; so, they haven't investigated.

20 hours ago, Chicken Rustler, SASS #26680 said:

Covid might be killing a bunch of people, maybe mass shootings or climate disasters or whatever else comes up might kill a bunch more, but the biggest danger we're causing for ourselves is this weird need to disagree with the people you don't like no matter what they say.

I'm notorious for disagreeing with people that I like!!  I think I'm pretty well known for agreeing with people I dislike too, when they're right!!   

Just had my parents from the Midwest visit this weekend.  When Trump was still president I remember her saying no way would she take the vaccine as it was rushed, then the election and the switch flipped and the vaccine was the greatest thing ever.  They are and have been super heavy smokers and are older but she believes the tar coating on their lungs provides added protection.

Also on visit was my extreme left brother and his wife, who think they are disabled from Covid and have long term effects like chronic fatigue where his wife has to take naps throughout the day.  They never tested positive, just believe they had it and blame a lot on it.

Last my family and I have had Covid a couple months back with symptoms so light only loss of taste and smell tipped it off.  We feel very differently than they do, and parents said they weren’t going to visit us since we are not vaccinated but since we had Covid already they felt safe to come.  I let her know the recent study showed we should have 6-7 times the antibodies from having it than the Pfizer vaccine.

Anyways we largely succeeded to all get along, until the end of their visit when my mother kept grilling my wife about why we are not vaccinated.  I had warned everyone no Covid or politics talk at all since it’s first visit to see their grandkids in a long time.  Moral of the story is we almost still all got along :)  Oh and the parents who were almost to afraid to come…guess where they are stopping for several days on the way home?  Las Vegas…..where did the fear go?

I have to put up with the same crap from my mom and my sister!

I’ve been extra good for a number of years and have resisted smacking the crap outta’ anybody for a looooong time, but they are really trying my patience at times!!

I seldom speak, or even communicate at all with my sister anymore. It’s not worth the stress and elevated blood pressure.  She can’t keep the politics out of it and I’m not prone to backing down!!

New toys coming from China for the Christmas market.

I wonder how they'll sell?

tumblr_65d979ce066ee9be1939eb2d7417e8c3_ab03ffb7_1280.jpg

Archived