Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Boomstick Bruce

Total time sucks

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

What's the best microwave popcorn? 

Pop secret buttered

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

What's the best microwave popcorn? 

 

This thread deserves only the best home grown pop corn popped over the same rock we cooked our eggs on for breakfast. B) 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

What's the best microwave popcorn? 

 

Orville Redenbacher Movie Theatre Butter

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

Do u cook your popcorn by total time? 

Isn’t the Popcorn button on the microwave Rank Time?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Isn’t the Popcorn button on the microwave Rank Time?

If you let it cook too long - it’ll be pretty rank (in time)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was hot enough here to cook popcorn in the car. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, McCandless said:

 

You need to practice them one shot reloads!  Several folks carry an extra mag with one round just for that.

and when you're shooting Cowboy, a pistol reload used to be fairly common... it's been a thing of the past for quite a few years, but it seems to be making a comeback.  Besides, you want to preserve that clean match dontcha?

 

My Remingtons are 5 shot Kirsts conversions, no reloads... Really, I'm trying to shoot a clean match in every state within driving distance, so far it's just MD and WV...When I drive to DE, NC, OH, etc for a shoot, I don't care if it takes me 10 minutes per stage, I'm coming home clean, it's too far to drive more than once... Lol

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time is fleeting, madness takes it toll. 

 

Not to worry there is not really such a thing as time as time is an emergent phenomenon that is a side effect of quantum entanglement

 

Anyway, as a pard of mine says in summary: 'Sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield.' 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was very kind of you BSB to post this Winter question for us Aussies, as we role into our Winter and you hit Summer:rolleyes:

 

I was thinking maybe we can develop a Standard Deviation or Bell Curve system so that every child wins a prize:blink:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Catlow4697 said:

 Think of how much fun this game would be if there were no timers and no scores recorded.

 

We tried to have a "fun match" on a day other than our regular monthly.   The plan was no timers, no scores recorded, mix categories (shoot one stage Wild Bunch,  next something else and so on),  shoot stages as many times as time allowed.  BUT NO!  We had a good turnout but the majority couldn't get with the program.  HAD to keep scores.  So had to time and record. Had to send out results.  Had to shoot stage only one time. In short, just another match.  Most just shot the category style they always shot.  I shot every stage a different way.  I shot one stage Josey Wales and Wild Bunch.  I stoked my 97 and shot 1911 on handgun targets and then pistols gunfighter on rifle targets.  After a bit, they started loosening up and started borrowing 1911s and trying things outside the box.  Lots of laughing.  Boy! That was fun!  Well, yeah.  Now you getting it. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

 

My Remingtons are 5 shot Kirsts conversions, no reloads... Really, I'm trying to shoot a clean match in every state within driving distance, so far it's just MD and WV...When I drive to DE, NC, OH, etc for a shoot, I don't care if it takes me 10 minutes per stage, I'm coming home clean, it's too far to drive more than once... Lol

 

Solution:

https://www.taylorsfirearms.com/1858-remington-conversion.html?___SID=U

 

only need one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd quit if we didn't keep score...…..what would be the point? You don't have to worry about your score if you don't want to......it's optional. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

I'd quit if we didn't keep score...…..what would be the point? You don't have to worry about your score if you don't want to......it's optional. 

I agree, with no scoring or no competition I might as well go to the range by myself and plink!:o

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never shot during the old scoring system but in my mind total time works good you have to be able to consistently perform well to win. If you have a issue with you equipment or gear or a mental fault. You still have other stages to make up some time but at the end of the day the person that shot consistently and holds the best time wins how can you take away that he performed best and deserves to be placed where he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know what to do....let's move our late 1800's sport into the world of today. We shoot, no scoring, no winners, no losers, and everyone gets a participation trophy.......problem solved.   :) 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

How do you know it's a dad horse? I thought it was a mare, but I wasn't about to search through the rotten flesh to find out

I just love autocorrect  dead horse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think our scoring system should be based on a 'Handicap' scoring system and each stage should carry a 

variable difficulty rank.

 

Your individual 'Handicap' would be based on your age and boot color.

The stage 'Variable Rank' would be based on how many misses, 'P's, etc..... is earned by each Posse 

on that particular stage.   The larger the posse, and the color of their boots, would also factor into

the Variable Rank.

 

Its that simple..... :lol:

 

..........Widder

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

I have to admit, I was one of the advocates for TT. I didn't know any better at the time. After quite a few matches and seeing the results of the switch to TT and hearing from the veterans of this sport, I have finally come to the realization I was wrong. Total time sucks. If you blow one stage, you can blow the whole match. One rifle jam, one dud pistol round, one dropped shotgun shell one procedural and you can drop from 1st to 5th... I say we go back to the old rank system...

Sir you have citied for abusing dead equine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

White popcorn kernals air popped, drizzled with melted butter and a little salt is the only way to go!

 

Can't tell you the last time I had microwave popcorn, gross!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's see...folks have discussed the RP vs TT issue for YEARS, and finally it was conceded that TT is a better system.

 

Then someone has a bad match and would have finished higher had the system been RP...

 

And folks are actually taking the thought seriously???? (yes, some...thank god, are not.)

 

Once again, the population of the Wire performs at its expected level.

 

Phantom

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Let's see...folks have discussed the RP vs TT issue for YEARS, and finally it was conceded that TT is a better system.

 

Then someone has a bad match and would have finished higher had the system been RP...

 

And folks are actually taking the thought seriously???? (yes, some...thank god, are not.)

 

Once again, the population of the Wire performs at its expected level.

 

Phantom

I have seen no evidence that TT is a better system. Nor that RP is.  What I did see is that the more vocal people on the SASS wire were in favor of TT. So after several years of discussion it was decided to change. And that's fine. The more vocal people here were passionate about that change and so it happened. Not a good or a bad thing, just seemed to be what the majority favored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

I have seen no evidence that TT is a better system. Nor that RP is.  What I did see is that the more vocal people on the SASS wire were in favor of TT. So after several years of discussion it was decided to change. And that's fine. The more vocal people here were passionate about that change and so it happened. Not a good or a bad thing, just seemed to be what the majority favored.

You're kidding yourself Goody if you think that it was the noise on the Wire that caused the change.

 

Debate and discussion at length happened off the Wire.

 

Yes there IS evidence...and I for one is done with regurgitating it every time someone says that there is not.

 

This aside, I hope yer doing well.

 

Phantom

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I';m in with popcorn and as drink to see how this thread now takes a header. 

Heck, do away with time. The winner is the last guy to be able to walk away from the campfire after the match.

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Quick Draw Granpaw #48525 said:

Well, I really think it's just fine the way it is, it's just a game.

+1 to this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

You're kidding yourself Goody if you think that it was the noise on the Wire that caused the change.

 

Debate and discussion at length happened off the Wire.

 

Yes there IS evidence...and I for one is done with regurgitating it every time someone says that there is not.

 

This aside, I hope yer doing well.

 

Phantom

Ok. Yes, I am well and hope you are the same. Did you retire or go back into business in Colorado?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

Ok. Yes, I am well and hope you are the same. Did you retire or go back into business in Colorado?

 

Semi-retired...opening up a modified version of what we had in Texas.

 

Stay well my friend!!!!

 

Phantom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RP or TT is not what we should be concerned with at all. A couple changes in DC and we could all be going back to watching shooting on TV.

Unless, of course, that is outlawed as well. Then again, libs make money off totin guns on the screen so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if, instead of total time, we awarded buckles at the end of every stage?  That seems much more fair.  That way, if you only blew one stage, you'd still take home 9 buckles--not a bad haul.  I bet we could even get bulk pricing at Montana Silversmiths!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smoky Pistols said:

What if, instead of total time, we awarded buckles at the end of every stage?  That seems much more fair.  That way, if you only blew one stage, you'd still take home 9 buckles--not a bad haul.  I bet we could even get bulk pricing at Montana Silversmiths!

You would get one plastic badge in the shooter package  then you would get gold stars , silver stars and smiley face stick on's

after each stage

after the match then free popcorn and soft drink

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ooooooooooooooooo..   I WANT SMILEY FACES!:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More popcorn please, with butter.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

More popcorn please, with butter.:D

Comin’ right up!

02B03B91-5FB9-4519-89BC-2CEF122ABCF6.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.