SASS Wire Forum

Ending a sentence with "just saying..."

Three Foot Johnson

My son-in-law is from Philadelphia and says, "know what I'm saying?"  Kind of the same thing.

Tony Soprano's nephew Christopher once coached Tony on how to grill.  He said "You need to remove that sausage.  It keeps cooking.  The juices.  Just Sayin'."

Three seasons later, Tony murdered him.  Just sayin'.

I worked with a guy that said “just saying” after nearly every sentence and when I made a comment he agreed with he would say “Right?”.

It really got on my nerves...just sayin’ :P

Ya know what I’m sayin? Can’t stand that one either.

I worked for my dad once. We worked together for somebody else at one time and he worked for me once as well.  All during that time, we had this one guy that would bring us stuff to work on. Most of his projects were junky old farm equipment that should have been ditched years ago. “I can’t afford to pay for another one, don’tcha see?” he’d say.  He had enough money that he could burn it and roast a buffalo standing belly deep in the Mississippi River!

One day, he was dumping some of his junk off to be repaired and offered up his favorite tag line.

My old man answered, “No I don’t see! And I don’t see us fixing this crap anymore!! You need to shake the moths outta’ that musty old billfold of yours and buy us some newer junk to work on, don’tcha see!”

The guy dropped his jaw, nearly to the ground, but he did go buy some newer equipment.

For years after that, when either of us was confronted with old junk, we’d look at each other and say something disparaging about it followed by, “Don’tcha  see?” and then laugh about it uproariously!!

Any verbal “tic” can get really annoying after a while when it’s way overused. 

Dontcha know

Ya know

Right?

Just sayin’

Yo

I used to know this couple. The lady was pretty and seemed intelligent but she was from New Jersey and had this annoying accent but what really drove me nuts is she finished EVERY sentence with “...ya know.” Sometimes it was a question sometimes just noise pollution but it drove me nuts. I finally started saying “no, I don’t know?”. This would baffle her. She actually asked me why I keep saying “I don’t know”. She had no idea that she said “ya know” after everything she’d say. Weird.

Actually, you don't hear that word anymore at the end of a sentence.  It died out back in the early 80's.  I don't think I have heard it in the last 30 years.

2 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

This is all Jim Varney's fault....

Know what I mean, Vern?

My thought exactly!!!

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

What annoys me is Canadians ending each sentence with the word Eh.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

Actually, you don't hear that word anymore at the end of a sentence.  It died out back in the early 80's.  I don't think I have heard it in the last 30 years.

Yeah, what was that all aboot?

The one that really annoys me are the young people who when surprised by a comment will like to say "shut UP!". Apparently they haven't gotten the hint just how rude that sounds.

Anyway, at my workplace we've come up with a new way to communicate thoughts and ideas without making them sound offensive, especially when communicating with the upper managers. We simply replace the existing thought or expression with a newer, more politically correct phrase:

Old comment:

"Go to Hell."

New revised comment:

"Sorry?"

Old comment:

"Eat s** and die."

New revised comment:

"Excuse me?"

Old comment:

"Eat s*** and die, mo********er."

New revised comment:

"Excuse me, Sir?"

I've got a friend who ends a lot of sentences with, "and stuff like that" or "and all that kind of stuff".

"We need to stop for gas and stuff like that"

"I need to load some 12 gauge and all that kind of stuff"

"We're up on Red Mountain getting firewood and all that kind of stuff"

"I'm almost out of Unique and stuff like that"

5 hours ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

I think that was when south park started making fun of them. 

4 hours ago, Finagler 6853 Life said:

My 92 year old dad, when told something new will reply, "Is that so?"  I give him a pass because of his age. 

Next time someone uses, just sayin', reply with, bless your heart.

I say "Really?"  It annoys my wife.  She told me one time that she thought I was questioning the veracity of her statement.  I told her I had just moved on from "Hmm" because I was made fun of for it.  Now maybe I'll switch to "Is that so?" or "You don't say".  It's more words than I like to speak at one time, but I like how they roll off the tongue so I'll give em a shot. 

Alas!  I have fallen into the habit of doing what my grandfather used to do.  He would say "ja ja, fer sure" (formal) informal "ja, ja."  He might add the word "perkele" if what was said irritated him (a nasty form of Satan - not nice to say).

STL Suomi

The one that really annoys me is when something doesn’t go like the other person wants and they frown and make some comment, followed by “It’s all good.”

“No!! HELL NO!!  It ain’t all good and you saying it is is the STUPIDEST thing I’ve ever heard!!!”

Howdy,

I like the Deal or No Deal show.

But.

When the one million dollar gets eliminated and they say

That's All Right.  I just shake my head.

It sure wouldn't be All Right with me.

Best

CR

And then there is the fellow who made a "questionable" statement and the others response was " and my a$$ is a Chinese Typewriter"

Imis still chuckling

Archived