SASS Wire Forum

special run rugers.

evil dogooder

OAL can be easily fixed by using 38 Short Colt or 38 Long Colt brass.

Or a variety of different bullet designs in a .38 special case. I have loaded for a pair so I have done some experimenting with the that. When I briefly loaded for it I had customized a insert in a Dillon bullet seating die so all I had to do was flip the insert and was loading the desired overall length, kept it simple for me.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or a variety of different bullet designs in a .38 special case. I have loaded for a pair so I have done some experimenting with the that. When I briefly loaded for it I had customized a insert in a Dillon bullet seating die so all I had to do was flip the insert and was loading the desired overall length, kept it simple for me.

Yep, 100g RNFP is a short bullet, or as you mentioned, just seat the bullet deeper down. Give the bullet seat die a turn or two down (remember # of turns) to desired OAL.

1. A 45 ACP cylinder (stainless and blued) for the new Vaquero (to go with the Cody 45 ACP 1873 rifle).

2. A 9mm cylinder (stainless and blued) for the new Vaquero (assuming someone develops the previously discussed 1873 in 9mm).

3. New Vaquero in 44-40, stainless, 7 1/2 inches (provided Ruger gets the cylinder throat dimensions right).

4. A Wild Bunch Traditional legal 1911.

B Slim

I'm game for a factory short stroked .32,.38, or .44 WCF with conversion cylinder or just make it a .38/.357 or .45 LC all with 4⅝ inch or 3¾ inch barrel. 5½ if you must.

The conversion cylinders will be key ensuring non CAS sales, but I think the WCF stuff would fly off the shelves without them so lets keep costs down.

I vote for nmv in 44-40 with 44 special cylinder stainless or real cch and sold as a set like sass vaquero's I'd order a set in a heartbeat. 😃

Ya know, I have some pistols that have conversion cylinders. The conversions have never been in the frame because then, the POA & POI would be different that the other cylinder, thus, why go through the process of readjusting the sights (if they are even adjustable)?

I once had a Blackhawk in 45 colt with the 45 acp cylinder. They both fired point of aim at 15 yards. Only variation happened at about 25 yards. Still, I fired maybe two cylinders worth of acp. There didn't really seem to be a point of the other cylinder to me, which is why I won't spend the extra money on one again.

So some very good friends just came back from shot show with an interesting offer. They get to choose a special run of rugers but they have to garentee a certian number sold. Conditions were it had to be chambered in a currently loaded ammo and be based off of current platforms.

So if you had this offer what would you choose?

I don't think the ROAs are "based on current platforms". Blastmaster, why .45 Auto Rim?

I don't think the ROAs are "based on current platforms". Blastmaster, why .45 Auto Rim?

Revolver specifically chamber for 45 Auto Rim (AR) would serve the same purpose as the 45 Cowboy Special cartridge that everyone has difficulty getting brass for + you could shoot 45 ACP with the clips (would have to remove cylinder to put clipped 45ACP into :( ).

Hmmm, since a Ruger SA has an ejector rod, could you not insert 45acp cartridge w/o clip into each chamber and it would function w/o falling on through? Providing the chamber is milled for the shorter cases? Seems like you could with the S&W M25 (chambered for 45 Auto Rim /ACP) but had to poke the ACP cases out manually because the extractor couldn't grasp them w/o the clip.

Edit again, Redwood Kid above said Ruger Blackhawks had a conversion 45acp cylinder that worked. So that answered my question above. Ruger has been there and done that as far as my request.

Hawkeye in .43 Egyptian.

You have a sense of humor, no doubt, though I'd prefer one in 10.4 x 38mm Swiss rimfire. Ballard rifling for cast bullets of course.

Let's see, they did the 5 shot Blackhawks in 454 and 480........

I'd like to see another run of bolt actions in 6.5x55 Swedish and 358 Winchester again.

Revolvers- 32 H&R with 32-20 cylinders, 10MM with 38-40 cylinders

44 mag with 44-40 cylinders (I know, I know the debate of bore diameters. I am fine if its .429)

1) 41 mag vaqueros (never been done)

2) 44 special vaqueros (more of them)

3) 480 ruger in a 9644 lever action type rifle

There's my ruger wish list

7 1/2" SASS New Vaquero in 44-40 !!!!!

I'd Buy 2 Pair !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or more if I had the Money :ph34r:

Scratch

A pair of factory Short Stroked SASS vaqueros, hopefully, keep the price under $2000 / pair.

Frenchy

A pair of factory Short Stroked SASS vaqueros, hopefully, keep the price under $2000 / pair.

Frenchy

There are several well known custom gun smiths around that will sell you a brand new pair of Ruger Vaqueros that have all the bells and whistles installed. I don;t know the final price but would guess at or under your $2000 figure.

Ruger side×side shotgun in 12 gauge fashioned in the quality of their Red Label series of shotguns.

Barrel lengths to vary from 20 inch to 24 inch with chokes!!

Im in +1 :-)

Archived