SASS Wire Forum

Tesla Pick Up

I’m seeing more and more of these things around and I doubt I’d buy one if they held a gun to my head. Saw one driving down the road in front of my house this morning.

IMG_5126.webp

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Had one drive through our neighborhood 3 weekends ago. Stopped at a neighbor's house that the Tesla owner knew. I was expecting storm troopers to jump out of a hatch. 

FUGLY doesn't begin to describe it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

I’m seeing more and more of these things around and I doubt I’d buy one if they held a gun to my head. Saw one driving down the road in front of my house this morning.

IMG_5126.webp

Was there a human in it?

• Haha 1

Somebody around here will buy one eventually, but all the real pickup owners will make fun of him!  This of course, doesn’t include the Ridgeline or Avalance owners or the new Maverick guys.  Those are SUVs with birth defects!!

Come to think about it, those guys will probably make fun of it too!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Was there a human in it?

Don’t know, the windows were to dark to see anything inside.

• Thanks 1

Looks like it’s not finished!:P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Doc's gonna drive one in "Back to the Future 15"

• Like 1

Never seen one, although around these parts Tesla automobiles are as common as VW Beetles were back in the 'seventies.

But I HAVE seen a few Rivians!  Interesting approach ~ much more appealing than the "Cybertruck."  :rolleyes:

Rivian

2024 Rivian R1T Prices, Reviews, and Pictures | Edmunds

2022-rivian-r1s-128-1657043554.jpg?crop=0.643xw:0.719xh;0.213xw,0.281xh&resize=768:*

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Yeah, we have friends/neighbors a few doors down that have the Rivian SUV. Took him 2 years to finally get it. Cost was around $130k. We also have one of the ugly Tesla trucks in the neighborhood. I see it a couple of times a week driving around.

TM 

Edited by Texas Maverick

Nope.
No batteries for me, ever.

I'm told that 95% of EVs are still on the road... the other 5% made it home safely.

One of my lodge brothers is an insurance fraud investigator.
He tells detailed horror stories about EVs in accidents.
The toxic fire fumes, the need to contact a pay service to find where safe to cut with Jaws of Life.
And the requirement of storing a potential fire hazard EV in a separate concrete bunker for X days for safety.

My daughter has a Prius.. the batteries died, twice now.
She buys refurb battery packs for $900 which last about a year.
In other words, she rents batteries at $80 per month for her Prius.

Screw that crap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Butt ugly for sure! If this is what vehicles are going to look like in the future, I am glad I am not buying any more of them as I am getting too damn old.  What I have now will have to do.

2013 F350 Lariat 4x4 002.JPG

Ranchero 1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steel-eye Steve SASS #40674 said:

Must be time for the quarterly "let's bash EV" thread.........

In this case, it’s just the ugly ones!! :lol:

• Haha 2

This was or is another Tesla Cyber Truck concept. I like this one much better than the “designed by 5 year olds with a bunch of boxes” concept. 
image.thumb.jpeg.30b19bc3d6f679ccf627cabc6c70ac74.jpeg

The original cyber truck had a two seater cab and a decent sized bed. What I see online that is available is another family hauling garden & wine tasting touring mobile. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Never seen one, although around these parts Tesla automobiles are as common as VW Beetles were back in the 'seventies.

But I HAVE seen a few Rivians!  Interesting approach ~ much more appealing than the "Cybertruck."  :rolleyes:

Rivian

2024 Rivian R1T Prices, Reviews, and Pictures | Edmunds

2022-rivian-r1s-128-1657043554.jpg?crop=0.643xw:0.719xh;0.213xw,0.281xh&resize=768:*

I see a fair number of those pickups around here.  Talked with one guy at a charging station.  His was all mud spattered and had a bunch of fishing and camping gear in the bed.  He and three friends had just gone....wait for it....a camping an fishing trip.  His was the medium range - ~325 miles.  He'd put 290 on it, was recharged in about 30 minutes.  Did his post-trip grocery shopping while it charged.  About $25 for his recharge.  So, no extra time since he would have been parked for close to that half hour for shopping.  

• Like 2

If they at least put a grill on the front of EVs, they might at least be tolerable to look at. No hope for that so called box/truck.

12 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Or amphibious? Musk seems to think so.

Hmm...large banks of litium batteries floating in salt water...what could possibly go wrong?:huh:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Only the door skins, if shot once per area.  If shot twice in the same spot, the occupant is shot.  Unless the occupant opened the window so it was behind the door skin to catch the second bullet.  The fender and bedside do not stop a single 9mm from penetrating.

5 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Only the door skins, if shot once per area.  If shot twice in the same spot, the occupant is shot.  Unless the occupant opened the window so it was behind the door skin to catch the second bullet.  The fender and bedside do not stop a single 9mm from penetrating.

I guess this would be beneficial in some areas where people are known to say “I’m gonna pop a cap in your a**!” :D

• Haha 2

On 5/15/2024 at 6:50 PM, Yul Lose said:

IMG_5126.webp

Hi-Point gun owners need a truck too :P

21 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Butt ugly for sure! If this is what vehicles are going to look like in the future, I am glad I am not buying any more of them as I am getting too damn old.  What I have now will have to do.

2013 F350 Lariat 4x4 002.JPG

Ranchero 1.jpg

57 Ranchero -- nice.

Had a 59, wish I had it back.

• Like 2

Buck Roger's truck?

Nope.

• Like 1