SASS Wire Forum

Nose rings

We used to put them in the nose of bulls and pigs because you could snap a lead rope to them and drag even a mean nasty animal around, wonder if the new generation of city kids knew what we used them for before they were “bling”

• Like 2

I picked up a prescription today at my pharmacy and the prettiest girl waited on me. Very nice but my lord the nose ring was awful! I wanted to ask her why do you want to ruin such a pretty face with that bull ring in your nose? I bit my tongue :lol:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Especially the dark colored ones. They look like fish hooks. 

I can’t remember a time where I’ve ever thought, “Gee, I’d like to stick a fish hook in my face.”

Better there than a lot lower...Seen ear rings and bar bells on lower area....

Texas Lizard

• Haha 3

I saw a guy the other day with those ear lobe stretched out circles in his ears. Maybe 1 1/2" diameter.  He was a normal looking guy otherwise. Those look even worse when they don't have the thing inserted in there with the ear lobe just hanging down.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Last week, my brother, who lives on the east coast of Florida, called me to say that my niece was involved in a minor auto crash in St. Pete (20 miles away mol) and asked me to go down to comfort her as this was her first crash and was uninjured but crying and distraught. Of course, I went to support her.

I'd been a while since I've seen her. She's a cute little 21 year old blond with, you guessed it, a nose ring. I didn't say anything but I thought it looked terrible. I didn't say anything. Her car was still drivable as she had changed lanes and hooked a fender well of a pickup with her bumper and tore her bumper most of the way off.

I took it the rest of the way off, threw it in the back of her car and followed her back to her apartment. Met her boyfriend, after seeing him...it kind of explained the nose ring...what a putz.

I won't say anything to her about her choice of men or the nose ring. I was young once too, I'm sure that I looked dumb too and my choice of women sometimes was questionable.

• Like 3

ya , ive never understood them , a distraction when speaking to the person your attention is drawn to it and your mind is repulsed , completely negates a good interaction , 

• Like 2

I absolutely detest the whole body modification business. Now I'll bet that many of you guys have tattoos. And I suppose that's fine. But when I see an otherwise attractive person, woman OR man that is covered with tattoos and piercings, I simply find it displeasing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Been years now.   I was on a trip to the Performance and Racing Industry Show with my brother and a couple of our racing colleagues.

We were getting breakfast at a chain breakfast restaurant on the second morning of the show.  My brother and I are both above average height and build and are of the same attitude.  Our comrades were both more on the slight side and less likely to engage in a confrontation.

Three or four of what I assume were local youngsters of that certain age where they believe they are invincible. They took seats at the next table and began to talk loudly and less than politely about us and some of the other people in the restaurant. At one point, the most abusive one stepped over the line of propriety and spoke in a vaguely threatening manner to the oldest of our companions.

I paused for a moment and then took a good look at our antagonist. He had a nose ring and several rings in his ear and a chain from one of the ear rings to the one in his schnozz!

After a good long minute, I got up as if to go to the bathroom and as I walked by, I reached down and grabbed that chain.  I walked that young man out of the establishment by the chain and after a short conversation, I advised him to take his business elsewhere and to take his companions with him.

He motioned through the window for them to join him and after a few more words, they departed.

When I came back in, I received a few “thank yous” and the waitress brought me an the guys at our table all a slice of pie!

My words of wisdom to that gentleman were to the effect that if he was going to start some trouble, he shouldn’t give somebody a handle to grab onto!!

I have had pierced ear rings off and on for years. First thing I always did when I recognized that there was to be trouble was to stick my ear ring in my pocket !  

Never understood the nose ring thing. <_< :lol:

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Must be a chick magnet.

IMG_1060.png

• Haha 3
  • Sad 3

The first time that my mom saw my tattoo all she said was "Why?"

That's what I want to ask a lot of kids when I see their "jewelry".

BS

• Like 1

It’s gotta be hard to pick your nose with a ring in it! :P

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Been years now.   I was on a trip to the Performance and Racing Industry Show with my brother and a couple of our racing colleagues.

We were getting breakfast at a chain breakfast restaurant on the second morning of the show.  My brother and I are both above average height and build and are of the same attitude.  Our comrades were both more on the slight side and less likely to engage in a confrontation.

Three or four of what I assume were local youngsters of that certain age where they believe they are invincible. They took seats at the next table and began to talk loudly and less than politely about us and some of the other people in the restaurant. At one point, the most abusive one stepped over the line of propriety and spoke in a vaguely threatening manner to the oldest of our companions.

I paused for a moment and then took a good look at our antagonist. He had a nose ring and several rings in his ear and a chain from one of the ear rings to the one in his schnozz!

After a good long minute, I got up as if to go to the bathroom and as I walked by, I reached down and grabbed that chain.  I walked that young man out of the establishment by the chain and after a short conversation, I advised him to take his business elsewhere and to take his companions with him.

He motioned through the window for them to join him and after a few more words, they departed.

When I came back in, I received a few “thank yous” and the waitress brought me an the guys at our table all a slice of pie!

My words of wisdom to that gentleman were to the effect that if he was going to start some trouble, he shouldn’t give somebody a handle to grab onto!!

I have had pierced ear rings off and on for years. First thing I always did when I recognized that there was to be trouble was to stick my ear ring in my pocket !  

Never understood the nose ring thing. <_< :lol:

Saw an old sailor do something similar in  mall in California almost fifteen years go.  Three kids were being obnoxious and loud and the old man asked them to tone it down.  One kid shoved him and the old man caught the ring and led him to an escalator where he suggested the youngster leave.  The boy's friends followed them and when they saw a half dozen of us crusty old farts following them they were pretty mild and left.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

This is something that is way past stupid. I don't know how he can even eat and keep his food in his mouth.

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'I present to u...the new generation. Good luck !'

TM

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

13 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I picked up a prescription today at my pharmacy and the prettiest girl waited on me. Very nice but my lord the nose ring was awful! I wanted to ask her why do you want to ruin such a pretty face with that bull ring in your nose? I bit my tongue :lol:

Good thing you didn't have a tongue ring! :o:P

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Texas Maverick said:

This is something that is way past stupid. I don't know how he can even eat and keep his food in his mouth.

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'I present to u...the new generation. Good luck !'

TM

He puts a sink stopper in it when he eats!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Grass Range said:

I have never seen a bull quiet enough I could put a ring in his nose

Need a head gate.

Of course, if his disposition warrants that you ring him, then getting him down the chute and into the gate is gonna be fun.

11 minutes ago, Stump Water said:

Need a head gate.

Of course, if his disposition warrants that you ring him, then getting him down the chute and into the gate is gonna be fun.

Then I want to watch as you try to put a lead rope on that nose ring. LOL 

TM

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Must be a chick magnet.

IMG_1060.png

I bet she's wearing sunglasses because she's blind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

I bet she's wearing sunglasses because she's blind.

Looks like he has a gas cap in his ear!

22 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Must be a chick magnet.

IMG_1060.png

What’s with the lumps on his head?Are they supposed to be horns??

I have a perforated septum from long-term exposure to heavy metal fume at a plant I worked at from '78-'01. I've had a little fun with it. One of my daughters has "facial jewelry", so I was at the mall with her one day, bought a pair of cheap hoop earrings, and slipped one through my nose... she didn't think much of ol' dad trying to bond with her. :lol:

QtipInNose 005.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

19 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Yep, they’re supposed to be horns. Saw a guy the other day that had bolts like Herman Munster coming out of his neck, but I had left my phone in the truck and couldn’t get a picture.

Edited by Yul Lose
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

16 hours ago, Texas Maverick said:

TM

im going to date myself a bit and give a little insight into how i feel about all the DEI crap or whatever you call it ............this photo reminds me of the old national geographic photo spreads i remember as a kid , except this looks dumber than those , none of this ever made sense to me and ill never have any respect for someone that does it , an earing ? OK , if you feel thge need , a tatto fine if it makes you happy , i have no need for any of it - i dont wear jewalry or a watch either , 

the photos above - there is something seriously wrong in those heads that looks beyond fixing , 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I guess he thinks he is the devil. Looks more like a billy goat to me that got his face stuck in a can of thumb tacks.

TM

Edited by Texas Maverick
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1