SASS Wire Forum

You are a CAS IF:

Gungadin

You shoot a modern, action handgun match with a revolver.  You load six rounds but reload after firing five.  (Yes, I've done it.)

You load one, skip one, then load four in your SAA carry gun, stick it in the IWB holster and head into town without thinking twice about it.

Nope, personally don't carry that but just seems like I gotta carry a revolver instead of a plastic fantastic and thumb the hammer when practicing. 

You can remember the stories with the appropriate lines.

Maybe not a long-term salty SASS member yet, but after first responding, then thinking about this thread.... went downstairs, tore my SP101 apart and bobbed the hammer.  No more thumb cocking the cch for me anymore!

As a "pretty much new" CAS shooter, you know you are a CAS shooter when your wife creates a new financial spreadsheet for the CAS related "stuff" that keeps showing up on the credit card statements.  

0.jpg

Your doodles on paper all become new stage sets and you dream of different target sequences!   ( quilty ) :blush:

12 hours ago, watab kid said:

can we ever remember the line ? i dont and its usually posted right there in front of me , adlib generally works tho , better if its funny 

When I TO if someone asks me what's the line, I make up something funny or silly. I change it for every person even on the same stage.

It's now becoming a game and people deliberately ask me "what's the line" just to see how silly I can get.

When you place your order at Chick Fil A and they ask your name and you tell them “HOSS”

When half the people you know call you by your alias but your shooting/traveling companions are the ones who call you by your real name ‘cause they are used to being in public with you all the time!!

When your practicing on your range at home and you accidentally drop a loaded pistol and just about have a heart attack cause you know it’s a match DQ, then realize YOUR AT HOME!

5 hours ago, Major Crimes said:

When I TO if someone asks me what's the line, I make up something funny or silly. I change it for every person even on the same stage.

It's now becoming a game and people deliberately ask me "what's the line" just to see how silly I can get.

i like that , it makes it fun and builds a rapport within the group as everyone gets to enjoy it with you ,  

When all your friends and family call you buy your alias . ( Rooster )

And your Wife starts decorating the house with Rooster 

wall hangings , hand towels &  knick knacks.

On 9/1/2023 at 7:23 AM, Pb Mark said:

As a "pretty much new" CAS shooter, you know you are a CAS shooter when your wife creates a new financial spreadsheet for the CAS related "stuff" that keeps showing up on the credit card statements.  

Thats why we all carry cash!

2 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Thats why we all carry cash!

Your wife lets you have cash!?!!

just a second, let me give her my wife’s number so she can explain how that is ok!

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:
Gateway Kid

3 hours ago, Hashknife Cowboy said:

You find a cowboy gun at the LGS and ask if they have two......

Years ago, when they were still in production, I wanted a USFA 7 1/2 inch Pre War SAA. I ordered one from my LGS. When it arrived it had a companion with the next SN! So now I have two USFA 7 1/2 inch Pre War SAA's. :rolleyes:

image.png.588166d58f4d1cd734074ca29d2d7aee.png

1 hour ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Your wife lets you have cash!?!!

just a second, let me give her my wife’s number so she can explain how that is ok!

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:
Gateway Kid

My wife gets mad at me if I go to the gunshow and DON'T buy anything. I joined sass so she joined too. Her or my daughter either one have shot a match. They're Tennessee Whiskey and Rowdy Riley. Wife figures since I'm a life member SASS will go broke if they don't renew. Sure she has her faults like making me buy guns, cooking spaghetti, chopping firewood, and cutting the grass, but I love her anyway.

On 9/4/2023 at 12:17 PM, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Years ago, when they were still in production, I wanted a USFA 7 1/2 inch Pre War SAA. I ordered one from my LGS. When it arrived it had a companion with the next SN! So now I have two USFA 7 1/2 inch Pre War SAA's. :rolleyes:

image.png.588166d58f4d1cd734074ca29d2d7aee.png

i like those , very nice , is one really longer and the other shorter version ? no criticism i have a pair of mismatched barrel lengths and a par of matched so i can say - i like both and really mean it , 

53 minutes ago, watab kid said:

i like those , very nice , is one really longer and the other shorter version ? no criticism i have a pair of mismatched barrel lengths and a par of matched so i can say - i like both and really mean it , 

This is an ad from USFA depicting two different barrel lengths. In the bottom LH corner the ad lists 7-1/2, 5-1/2 and 4-3/4 barrels.

Mine are both 7-1/2 inch.

ahh that explains it , i had thought that was what i was reading into your post , i did expect them to have been available in all three , and i rather like all three , i do have a 71/2 as well as the 51/2 and 43/4 in my assortment/accumulations ive just never shot my 71/2 for CAS .....just fondled for what thats worth , very nice revolvers 

You watch the cowboy in the movie take his rifle off his shoulder to lever it and tell everyone in the room that he’s doing it wrong and you wonder aloud why why they all lever out the live round that they already had in the chamber every time they see the bad guy!

Archived