SASS Wire Forum

Is This SASS Legal?

6 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

What gauge are the barrels?  Based on the language in the Shooter's Handbook the Shotgun is a side by side.   :lol:

By side by side by side!:P

Looks European, but not English.

Biggest chamber might be a 4 bore with the other four being a 12 bore.

The 4 bore is for the really, really difficult knockdowns

Makes the routine 10, 10, 4 plus shotgun something to look forward to. Especially if one doesn’t go down then, BOOM! It’s down now! :lol:

Looks like the perfect answer for elephant, cape buff, and big cats.  Wouldn't be too shabby on the big bears, either.  Probably heavy enough that recoil wouldn't bother anyone much, but fallen arches could be a concern.

I'd take one if I could get it for under $250.00

Ask around about a cowboy named Gunzilla sometime. His quadbarrel shotgun was disallowed from what I understand.

Cool gun in the original pic, I probably couldn't afford ammo for it.

Bet a burglar would shudder looking at that thing pointed at him.:ph34r:

Those who think the SHB verbiage somehow allows this must have taken "The Evelyn Woodhead Sped-ridden Course". :P

Gunzilla's quad-barrel was made using a pair of O/U shotguns (at least the one that I recall from a long ago EoT)

15 minutes ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

Those who think the SHB verbiage somehow allows this must have taken "The Evelyn Woodhead Sped-ridden Course". :P

Gunzilla's quad-barrel was made using a pair of O/U shotguns (at least the one that I recall from a long ago EoT)

Yes it was two O/U shotguns put together 

Actually, no advantage at all.  If memory serves (no, I didn't look it up), for CAS, we're only allowed to load TWO regardless of the type of gun.  No advantage.  I also suspect lugging it around would give one a real high squeaky voice. :rolleyes:

Met Gunzilla at 2004 EOT, the last EOT in CA.  I know there has to be pictures of him somewhere on the internet.

He was a "One and Only" and I don't think there will ever be anyone like him again. 

45 minutes ago, Lone Spur Jake SASS #7728 said:

Met Gunzilla at 2004 EOT, the last EOT in CA.  I know there has to be pictures of him somewhere on the internet.

He was a "One and Only" and I don't think there will ever be anyone like him again. 

There is pics of him in an old 2017 thread on the Wire. No pics of the shotgun though.

Ok a seach came up with a SASS thread that referenced this site.  Lots of photos of Gunzilla and his many costumes. Gunzilla (akagunzilla.com)

He is a one of a kind, and could really shoot well when not hamming it up.

2 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

There is pics of him in an old 2017 thread on the Wire. No pics of the shotgun though.

If that guy got out in the noonday sun he'd light up like the Vegas Strip.....sorta like Jittery Jim Jonah in his heyday.  (sorry, Jim, but I just couldn't stop myself.)

17 hours ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

It's legal, but you can only load 2 at a time.

That would be my reaction.   It's probably NOT legal, but I would not object to it.

And IF you happened to get one of these very rare, "shotguns may be stoked on the clock" stages, load it up and go to town!

Looks like every barrel is a different gauge.   What are they?   

Is it is safe for smokeless?

Is it for sale?

21 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Asking for a friend.

eqa0mr6zvvl91.jpg

Can you post more pictures?

Are any of the barrels rifled?

2 hours ago, Chantry said:

Can you post more pictures?

Are any of the barrels rifled?

Sorry, no. I just found it and thought it was pretty interesting.

Typically European, IMHO: hunter ready for anything that they happen upon. 

Archived