SASS Wire Forum

Russian Ammo Banned?

It appears so. And this article has their supposed reason for doing so. 

https://thereload.com/biden-bans-russian-ammo-amid-continuing-shortage/

I call Bull S***! But, I am just an American citizen of no concern or account to the FCO.

Ain't he just wunnerful...   <_<

I'm wondering if this might not be what George Stepin'alloverus used to call a "trial balloon."  If he gets to do this, what's next?  :angry:

Maybe they figure that he's taking so much heat for his foreign policy failures (I actually miss Barry's 'shake the magic 8 ball' foreign policy decision making process) that he can slide some gun control actions in under the radar.

Yah, That will hurt the Russians.  Can't sell to us so they will have more to give to Taliban and others      GW

3 hours ago, G W Wade said:

Yah, That will hurt the Russians.  Can't sell to us so they will have more to give to Taliban and others      GW

Russians give something to the Afghans? :huh:

Doubt it.  Russians know now to hold a grudge.

4 hours ago, G W Wade said:

Why they got all we left...And then some...That part is what makes me most POed...Things we leave anywhere..Should not have happened...

Texas Lizard

Here is the link to the actual statement:  https://www.state.gov/fact-sheet-united-states-imposes-additional-costs-on-russia-for-the-poisoning-of-aleksey-navalny/

I read it as mostly an attempt to hurt Russia's economy instead of a direct attack on gun owners.  That it hurts American gun owners happens to be icing on the cake.

And none of the above should be considered a defense of the incompetent in chief

Some of the ammo brands we think of as "Russian" are actually from Ukraine.  Maybe this is just Slow Joe giving them a competitive edge to pay back some Ukrainian IOU's.

17 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Ain't he just wunnerful...   <_<

I'm wondering if this might not be what George Stepin'alloverus used to call a "trial balloon."  If he gets to do this, what's next?  :angry:

George Stepin'alloverus    I love it.

8 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Russians give something to the Afghans? :huh:

Doubt it.  Russians know now to hold a grudge.

With the stuff we gave the Afgan military they don't need no stinkin ammo from no Ruski.  The only weapons they need is ground to air missile batteries.  Their problem is they will also need crews from the country of origin.

1 hour ago, Trigger Mike said:

Some of these Russian companies have American headquarters.   Will they be able to get around the import ban?

NO!

I do not buy Russian ammo. I did years ago when I had a couple of SKS’s, but that was over 20 years ago. 
Years ago I met a guy that used to sell lubricants to the Russian Navy for their propeller shafts. The lube had abrasives in it. He was supposedly working on behalf of our government. 
I have often wondered if Russian ammo doesn’t have some surprises in it. :lol:

Anyway, that really doesn’t matter. This is just Buck Fiden doing what buckers like him do. 

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Most of it I've had was junk crap! I haven't bought it for years!

Apparently the Russians really stepped up their game. In talking with the guys at my LGS and at the range the only complaint about lots of that Russian ammo is the steel casings or non-reloadable brass. Someone mentioned steel bullets with a copper wash, but I think he was thinking of some older stuff. 

Doesn’t matter. I won’t buy it anyway, but apparently it’s not the crap it once was. 

28 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Apparently the Russians really stepped up their game. In talking with the guys at my LGS and at the range the only complaint about lots of that Russian ammo is the steel casings or non-reloadable brass. Someone mentioned steel bullets with a copper wash, but I think he was thinking of some older stuff. 

Doesn’t matter. I won’t buy it anyway, but apparently it’s not the crap it once was. 

That's one of the big reasons I don't buy it. steel cases, steel core bullets, I've heard that's kinda rough on your innards especially the AR 15. The stuff I shot was not very accurate either.;)

So a year after this “poisoning” and 8 months after taking office Buck Fiden decides to act on something that can only be construed as “politically motivated” against his own countrymen to support an agenda that has nothing to do with the reason that he is “punishing” Russia. 

Well, we all know he’s mentally feeble, but he somehow got elected anyway…SCRATCH THAT!

Elected under questionable means. 

Is he also going to ban the import of Russian oil that has been imported to prop up the National Reserve?

Is he going to ban the import of LNG (Liquid natural gas) from Russia?

Russians are anything but stupid.

They saw a market niche -- the sudden clamoring demand for ammunition, the willingness to pay inflated prices to get it -- suddenly Russian shotshells, buckshot, slugs, rimfires, centerfire pistol and rifle, are available.

Make money hand over glove, comrade!

I doubt me not they'll figure some way around this ban!

They like money as much as the next retailer!

On 8/21/2021 at 6:12 PM, J.D. Daily said:

With the stuff we gave the Afgan military they don't need no stinkin ammo from no Ruski.  The only weapons they need is ground to air missile batteries.  Their problem is they will also need crews from the country of origin.

Besides, why should they buy that cheap steel cased Russian crap when we've left pallets of ammo behind.

Ever wonder how many pallets of LC and FC headstamped 5.56 and 7.62 was left behind?

Heard lots of predictions that bumblin'-biden is about one micron away from having the 25th amendment imposed on him, from none other than his vice-president. It seems a lot more folks were upset, about our turning tail and running, in Afghanistan, and leaving U.S. citizens behind, than they thought. No one is buying their lame excuses. Not even CNN (Clinton News Network).   

This ammo thing seems to be initiated by his bumblin' staff.

All that, plus folks on the border are royally ticked over no action being taken by the feds. 

Down here, our state troopers are being forced to assist the border patrol, and our governor is really upset...as are the rest of us.

No one, with two brain cells in synch, should be surprised at any of this. The Russian ammo is just the beginning...unless we start voting for folks that support our rights.  

My Chinese AK 47 eats steel-cased Russian ammo and likes it. I like my cheap Wolf ammo (black box for general practice, green box for competition). The green box has non-magnetic bullets, the black box has a slightly magnetic bullet ( thus fails the magnet test even though it is not steel-core).

Hope I don't have to start buying Chinese ammo.

2 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Modern russian ammo still has hard primers that don't work well in a competition rifle.  They work well in the AK variants they were designed for.

Hey! I do compete with my AK... and yeah... I do get some funny looks at 3 Gun competitions.

This new government-imposed shortage not doing this voter any favors.

3 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

Hey! I do compete with my AK... and yeah... I do get some funny looks at 3 Gun competitions.

This new government-imposed shortage not doing this voter any favors.

Good point, should have specified benchrest competition.

Archived