Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matthew Duncan

20 year membership pin

Recommended Posts

Wow! What a response....

Yes, this is new.... and (we thought) awesome!?

Beginning with the January 2019 renewal dates for annual members, those who have hit a 5-10-15-20-25-30 year landmark will be receiving the landmark pin. 

We thought it was a great way to recognize our annual members and give them a little something to know we appreciate them.

Sending out the pins to every member all at once would be extremely cost prohibitive- so we will be doing so each month as those memberships come up for renewal.

 

I will post an annnouncement with all the details tomorrow as to when everyone can expect their pin... right now I’m enjoying my Sunday afternoon with my new grandson. 

 

Misty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

It seems to me that this wasn't fully thought out. OR, every annual member over 10 years will receive an appropriate pin after their next renewal.

 

I'm not sure whether it could ever include Life Members, as they seem to be thought of (based on previous posts on various threads) as a drain on funds, despite the loyalty shown by purchase of a Life Membership.

+100000 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be at the 20 year mark next April. My kids will get a 10 year pin,  I think. I signed them up when they were about 3 or 4!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Misty Moonshine said:

Wow! What a response....

Yes, this is new.... and (we thought) awesome!?

Beginning with the January 2019 renewal dates for annual members, those who have hit a 5-10-15-20-25-30 year landmark will be receiving the landmark pin. 

We thought it was a great way to recognize our annual members and give them a little something to know we appreciate them.

Sending out the pins to every member all at once would be extremely cost prohibitive- so we will be doing so each month as those memberships come up for renewal.

 

I will post an annnouncement with all the details tomorrow as to when everyone can expect their pin... right now I’m enjoying my Sunday afternoon with my new grandson. 

 

Misty

My pin was a pleasant surprise and greatly appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Organizations that offer Life Memberships MUST execise excellent, prudent fiscal responsibility. The funds MUST be set aside as a trust fund and ONLY the annual income spent. Otherwise, they will become an onerous liability.

 

Still, we should also receive our pins.he problem is our clothes will have so many holes and we will list to port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

It seems to me that this wasn't fully thought out. OR, every annual member over 10 years will receive an appropriate pin after their next renewal.

 

I'm not sure whether it could ever include Life Members, as they seem to be thought of (based on previous posts on various threads) as a drain on funds, despite the loyalty shown by purchase of a Life Membership.

 

Why do you think this wasn’t well thought out, Allie Mo? 

 

The loyalty of a life membership is not in question- nor has it ever been. SASS is greatly appreciative of ALL our members. We felt like it was high time to recognize landmark years of membership loyalty to SASS- for ALL our members; not just those wearing a gold badge. 

 

 

Misty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Misty Moonshine said:

 

Why do you think this wasn’t well thought out, Allie Mo? 

 

The loyalty of a life membership is not in question- nor has it ever been. SASS is greatly appreciative of ALL our members. We felt like it was high time to recognize landmark years of membership loyalty to SASS- for ALL our members; not just those wearing a gold badge. 

 

 

Misty

Please read my comment after the bold OR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No matter what you do, when you have this big a group of people, you are never going to make everyone happy. I'm guessing this will go several pages with the debate about annual vs. life membership and who supports SASS more. I'll leave it at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Misty Moonshine said:

 

Why do you think this wasn’t well thought out, Allie Mo? 

 

The loyalty of a life membership is not in question- nor has it ever been. SASS is greatly appreciative of ALL our members. We felt like it was high time to recognize landmark years of membership loyalty to SASS- for ALL our members; not just those wearing a gold badge. 

 

 

Misty

PS I was responding to the comments by life members that they didn't get recognized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Matthew Duncan said:

 

image.jpeg

I might be accused of riding for the brand but I think these pins are a great idea. Great job Misty.

 

CONGRATULATIONS on the grandson. Pass along my congratulations to your son also.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not think life membership will have anything to do with the pins. As I would see it the pins indicate how many years you have belonged to SASS. Maybe when a life members anniversary date comes up, since there is no renewal payment, they will receive a pin indicating how many years they have been with SASS and be honored that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

PS I was responding to the comments by life members that they didn't get recognized.

We got a big gold badge, why would we need a pin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recent (not sure when it started), Life members receive both a gold badge and a Life lapel pin.

...also available from the SASS Mercantile

 

SASS-Badge-Lapel-Pin-Gold-300.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a tweener. I have to wait four more year to get my 20 :(

 

I need two slices of pie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VICIOUS, SASS#8014 said:

HOWDY; Do not need any stinking pins. Load six and lets start the dance!

Better just load five!!! Load six and I believe it's a MDQ!!:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Better just load five!!! Load six and I believe it's a MDQ!!:P

You can load 6 with cap & ball, just cap 5 ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Misty Moonshine said:

Wow! What a response....

Yes, this is new.... and (we thought) awesome!?

Beginning with the January 2019 renewal dates for annual members, those who have hit a 5-10-15-20-25-30 year landmark will be receiving the landmark pin. 

We thought it was a great way to recognize our annual members and give them a little something to know we appreciate them.

Sending out the pins to every member all at once would be extremely cost prohibitive- so we will be doing so each month as those memberships come up for renewal.

 

I will post an annnouncement with all the details tomorrow as to when everyone can expect their pin... right now I’m enjoying my Sunday afternoon with my new grandson. 

 

Misty

 

VERY pleasant surprise. A pin won’t make me leave or stay but when I finally earn mine it’ll be a nice way to show my pride in being a member of such a wonderful organization. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 years for me and no pin.  Oh well. :(  Still a proud SASS member.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a great idea. Thanks Misty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that I will stay in SASS even if I don't get a pin!!!  I think that seven or eight pins might be a bit over the top!!! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, if I understand correctly this membership recognition pin program has just begun.  If this is true would explain why EVERYONE has not received on yet.  I would expect them to show up with your next membership RENEWAL.  Would not be practical to sit down establish everyon's years of membership then ship out a pin to everyone.  Maybe folks should jusy chill out a little and see what happens.  If this is a important complaint, then our association must be doing everything right.  Right?  I don't know about SASS's opinion about life members but I agree with Ali Mo that most organizations look at life members as a drain on finances.  They are happy to get the big Life Member payment though !  I am happy with my badges (stink'n ?) and my (purchased) SASS Life lapel badge pin and my clean match pins and my life membership pins in Viet Vets of America, NRA, Calif. R & P Association, Second Amendant Association and gawd knows what else.  In closing I would ask my fellow cowpokes and cow girls to show a little patience.  Merry Christmas to all - and to ALL a good night !  .. .. .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All you whiners took a nice gesture that was giving those at Headquarters a good feeling and turned it into something that would (if I had done this) make me feel like your all ungrateful louts. You couldn't wait for an explanation or notification.

 

Great Christmas spirit folks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ya Big Tree said:

All you whiners took a nice gesture that was giving those at Headquarters a good feeling and turned it into something that would (if I had done this) make me feel like your all ungrateful louts. You couldn't wait for an explanation or notification.

 

Great Christmas spirit folks. 

We were all just curious as to why someone got one and we didn't! We didn't turn it into anything bad, we were just asking about the program!:blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great gesture from SASS. I'm certain that issuing the pin is and will be no small task. As with anything patience will be required which certainly does not seem to be a strong point for a lot of folks. Thank you Misty for doing something extra for the membership along with all the other wonderful improvement that you have made the last few years. Please don't be discouraged as it is noticed by those of us who take the time to do so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ditto what Deuce stated perfectly.

 

A hearty thank you to Misty and the SASS office folks who put this together.

 

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I joined in 2012 so I guess I'm still a newbie. I'll wait for my pin. Thanks Misty for a great idea and.....OH......by the way......you're waaaaay too young to be a grandma.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the pins get fancier as the number goes up.  Can we get a picture of all of them?  Looking at the difference between 10 and 20, by the time you get to 50 it oughta have gemstones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ya Big Tree said:

All you whiners took a nice gesture that was giving those at Headquarters a good feeling and turned it into something that would (if I had done this) make me feel like your all ungrateful louts. You couldn't wait for an explanation or notification.

 

Great Christmas spirit folks. 

 

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

We were all just curious as to why someone got one and we didn't! We didn't turn it into anything bad, we were just asking about the program!:blink:

Hi Folks,

 

As I see it, Rye is correct.

 

Curiosity should not be construed as being ungrateful. I did not take any of the comments as negative. However, the lecturing did seem negative and assumed the worst from people. :( I know that was not my intent with my comments.  Remember "benefit of the doubt" should go to the poster. ;)

 

In fact, Hubby won't be wearing his 20 year pin. So, I will probably wear it proudly as it applies to me too.

 

Thank you, Misty for a nice idea. :)

 

Merry Christmas y'all!

 

Allie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, super cool Misty and crew! That's a great idea.

Keep up the great work!!!

 

Congrats on that new Grandbaby!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

We got a big gold badge, why would we need a pin?

Well I wouldn’t mind the pins to have to display how long I have been a member of this organization. Perhaps I missed the announcement where all of this was explained in the latest Chronicle or in a different post here on the wire. If so sorry I am not up to date. But if there wasn’t an announcement then I would suggest one so everyone understand the program. I won’t fall into the trap I have before commenting on what if’s but as a Life member, I just want to say hell yes I want the badges that tell other members how long I have been a member no matter being a life member. Others shouldn’t have a problem with that either!

i will also say thank you to Club management for coming up with the program as everyone loves to be recognized for participating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2018 at 1:50 PM, Ya Big Tree said:

 

Congratulations Matthew!

Thank you!

 

20 years of paying annual dues when I should have went Life and saved $$$$!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.