SASS Wire Forum

The shotshell belt is not a bra.

Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Besides if you want that then switch to a bandolier

This has been the rule for quite some time:

• Ammo belts must be worn so all ammo is positioned at or below the belly button.
  • Shotgun ammo loops must conform to the shooters contour (i.e., not tilt out from the belt).

SHB p.11

PENALTY for violation is that for "Use of illegally acquired ammunition" - PROCEDURAL + MISSES for every round used from unapproved equipment.

If you see it...CALL IT (preferable before the shooter gets to the line)

If the rule is not enforced, shooters will continue to violate it until they're nailed for it at a major match (or at another club)

"I've worn it this way at my home club for YEARS & nobody said anything" is NOT an acceptable excuse.

Folks try and wear them At or below the belly button...

Not 10 inches above the Gun belt...

Jabez Cowboy

Pale Wolf hit it on the head, if this is bothering you, more than likely it's because you see it at your local shoots and THAT is when you need to mention it to the guilty party where it might do some good, not here on the forum because NO ONE on the forum is guilty of the infraction!

I see this all the time at USPSA. Local matches want to be friendly and don't enforce certain rules. One that's been driving me nuts is a young woman using a 1911 in production. I brought it up with the director, she should be in single stack, but they want her to feel good and she's placing decent in production and would be slayed in SS. It's like ripping off a band aid, it's gotta happen eventually lets just get it over with.

Folks try and wear them At or below the belly button...

Not 10 inches above the Gun belt...

Jabez Cowboy

Supposing that my gun belt is 10 or more inches below my navel!! :wacko::o:lol:​ What about those who don't have a belly button?? :rolleyes:B):lol:

I like mine just above my pistol belt and never wanted it up high. I don't have the gamer belly modification though. :-)

WHO CARES! Another useless rule that should be eliminated. I've never lost a match to someone because of where they wear their shotshell belt. It's a rule so it should be enforced, but it would be better to get rid of it..."same with the conform to body rule".

Have your TG submit a proposal to eliminate the rules you don't care for...in the meantime, enforce them.

The rule is at the belly button. A lot of shooters wear their gun belt as low as possible on their hips as they find drawing and holstering there is easier. That can mean several inches between gun belt and shotgun belt especially for round bellied shooters.

I'm curious. Has anyone ever been called on this? Or called someone else out on it? I wonder what the process is in measuring. If it involves anyone lifting up their shirts to expose the location of their belly buttons, count me as one of those that would rather let it ride and ignore the rule. Especially if it's one of those shoots with a lunch break. I'd prefer to keep my lunch down.

I'm curious. Has anyone ever been called on this? Or called someone else out on it? I wonder what the process is in measuring. If it involves anyone lifting up their shirts to expose the location of their belly buttons, count me as one of those that would rather let it ride and ignore the rule. Especially if it's one of those shoots with a lunch break. I'd prefer to keep my lunch down.

I had to call a shooter on it once. Luckily, it was before we started and he fixed it so no penalties. He said he didn't know and it was never an issue again

I have had to have several shooters point to their belly buttons at the FL State Match.....all were ok if I remember correctly.

The BEST answer I ever received was "I don't have a belly button" ......that section of the shooters skin was lost in a surgery!

I think it looks absolutely ridiculous when worn high.....but it has to be REALLY high for ALL of the ammo to be above the belly button.

Stan

I have had to have several shooters point to their belly buttons at the FL State Match.....all were ok if I remember correctly.

The BEST answer I ever received was "I don't have a belly button" ......that section of the shooters skin was lost in a surgery!

I think it looks absolutely ridiculous when worn high.....but it has to be REALLY high for ALL of the ammo to be above the belly button.

Stan

Haha. At first I thought the no belly button story someone was going to claim to be Adam.

I agree that it looks ridiculous worn high, but I am not a fan of the looks of a shotgun belt in general. I can't recall ever seeing one on any western I've ever watched. I prefer a slide or a bandoleer myself, looks wise anyway. I also don't give it much thought what others wear or how they choose to play the game. I'm only critical on what I wear and how I play the game.

Yep, just recently. All I had to do was say, out loud, hey honey, that fellers wearing a bra. Ain't that cute. Immediately dropped it to his belly button. 'nuff said.

Yep, just recently. All I had to do was say, out loud, hey honey, that fellers wearing a bra. Ain't that cute. Immediately dropped it to his belly button. 'nuff said.

Haha, somehow I am not surprised. I can actually picture you saying that.

I with calvin n. hobbes who cares! if you were in the old west you would wear it where it did the most go for you !!!!!!!!!!

This is one of the SASS "anti-horse s**t" rules. There are several, and they were put in place to keep shooters from doing stuff that looks horse s**t. Shady Brady hats, crotch holsters, and two strong side holsters are others.

If I wore mine any higher, my boobs would interfere.

btw; "yes they're real, and they're spectacular!" ..... sorry, somebody got me thinking about Seinfeld.

This is one of the SASS "anti-horse s**t" rules. There are several, and they were put in place to keep shooters from doing stuff that looks horse s**t. Shady Brady hats, crotch holsters, and two strong side holsters are others.

Well don't look know, but I see a hell of a lot more stuff that looks more like sh**t then where the shot shell belt is worn! V.D.

My shotshell belt looks high. It aint. My holster belt is usually sliding down because I aint got no hips..... It's a 30 inch belt and I must need a 28...

IMHO .

If its just your local weeked match ? Who cares .

Most people are running short stroked pistols and rifles and slicked up shotguns .

So some guy with a big old beer belly whos belly button is around his knees , has some advantage over you guys with slick guns and shoot 4 times a week to be the fastest Pard in the game .

Maybe thats the only place his fat ass can reach his shotgun shells anyways and He is there with his stock guns just to shoot .

People get to whining and crying about the stupidest shit .

The hole purpes of this game is to play cowboys not to grow up and to shoot old kool guns and have fun . RIGHT ?

im with jon boy even tho i do not have that shape ...yet ... i got no A$$ to hold it all up anymore .......bet suspenders on a gunbelt are an issue in your world as well ?

I now wear a sheath knife on my gunbelt. I slide the sheath into my hip pocket which keeps the gun belt from going south to the amusement of all of my posse members.

Archived