SASS Wire Forum

Rule "change" - Open & Empty

Misty Moonshine

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sic em Cali!!!

I only pick on people that I like, hope tha's the same for y'all.....

luv yu tuu man!! :P:P

well duh, Saint Paul, real name, has been around for a few years too... :D:D

UPDATE: 2100 PST - 19 JUN 2014

Most recent edits to the SHB & RO1 declared "approved" by the combined WB/ROC.

Notification sent to web admin for updates to online rules docs.

Pending ETA ASAP.

Care to explain what are the differences?

As soon as the online versions of the SHB & RO1 have been updated for reference, a synopsis of the changes should be posted.

.............. a synopsis of the changes should be posted.

Must be good when you can talk about it religiously..... :lol:

Thanks again PWB for all you do and what you have to deal with in helping us out all the time.

..........Widder

As soon as the online versions of the SHB & RO1 have been updated for reference, a synopsis of the changes should be posted.

Howdy PaleWolf,

Great word to use " synopsis". It will keep the word smiths busy trying to figure out what meaning of synopsis you are thinking of until the update is posted. :lol:

Nawlins

Doctor said I had synopsis once. Fortunatly, there is a shot that will cure it :P

I've always said that one Synopsis is just as good as another Synopsis.

Preferably, I like a 'brief' Synopsis.

But, I've never been partial to Synoptics..... :o

..........Widder

I have faith that the edits will reflect the mandate of the WB, as well as the primary INTENT of the TG Summit vote.

IF not, there will be a(nother) multi-page gripe session here on the Wire(s) about it (SOP regardless)...trying to "lawyer" what has been "lawyered" to near-death already.

We'll see what happens once the revised versions are posted TODAY??

Tempted to just let this ride...see who will be the first one to find the two-word change that might have resolved this before it put the entire rule-making process in jeopardy.

(WB and ROC members are ineligible to play this game).

A couple of clues...the term "discard" has been in use in the context of what to do with a long gun when finished with it (empty gun = a club) for quite some time...no definitions are forthcoming other than what has been understood for the past years.

REF: any English language dictionary

Bottom line (as previously stated):

Take the time to make certain that the long gun goes down OPEN & EMPTY and stays that way.

If modified to such an extent that it easily CLOSES...take a little EXTRA time to discard/restage it SAFELY and OPEN (this includes SxS shotguns).

IF it closes, open it before firing the next gun (pre-Summit rules apply).

= no "judgement call"...no 10-second MSV...no harm...no foul.

Interesting rewrite. Seems like the possibility of a two MSVs is about gone unless the TO determines the long gun wasn't discarded open and empty AND it has a empty case in it. I like the examples.

Interesting comment considering that the latest revisions have NOT been posted yet.

I think you may referring to the 19.7 version (RO1) that is the "in-between" version.

Unless you have access to files of which I'm unaware.

;)

Interesting comment considering that the latest revisions have NOT been posted yet.

I think you may referring to the 19.7 version (RO1) that is the "in-between" version.

;)

That's what I was thinking.....I even cleared my cache........was beginning to think I missed something.

Stan

;)

PWB...you gotta watch ole Capt. Bill....he's sneaky that way :o

They must have accidentally filed these on a hard drive with Lois Lerner's emails.... :ph34r:

They must have accidentally filed these on a hard drive with Lois Lerner's emails.... :ph34r:

Yep, that would be good for PWB.........now he could answer all our questions like Sgt. Schultz "I know nothing......I've seen nothing" :wacko: Good Luck :)

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

Although I'm not a mind reader nor do I talk to any of your friends. But I have slept at a Holiday Inn Express and I think its obvious that you watch FOX News.

;)

..........Widder

Yep. The hard drive was in Hilary Clinton's home, in the trash bin...........

with the Whitewater stuff......

Laz

Says just what I thought. You WILL discard the long gun open and empty. You have until the next round is fired to correct this. If the long gun is discarded open and empty but closes after being discarded, you must show clear at the end of the stage.

Couldn't be clearer.

Archived